It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Cannabis Science The Mainstream Media Doesn’t Want You to Know

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I didn't think we were allowed to say cannabis, here on ATS.
Surprised the mods haven't 404ed this thread.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I know for a fact CBD cures cancer. One of my dogs has been getting Mast Cell Tumours for many years (they pop up randomly on his skin.) He's had 3 fairly major surgeries to have them removed. We looked into alternative treatments and learnt about Cannabis Oil. Now, each time a new MST appears, all I have to do is apply the oil every few days and it will disappear in a month or two. He had one on his toe which is now gone; two on his back, one of which is gone, the other almost. A new one popped up on his tail the other day. It's nice to know I don't have to worry about it growing and metastasising.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The biggest problem associated with medical pot use is this - the brain is very powerful when it comes to healing the body.

If you truly BELIEVE that drugs produced by pharmaceutical companies won't help you, then they won't.

If you truly BELIEVE that medical pot WILL help you, then it will.

Trying to convince a person who strongly believes that only pot will treat their condition that pharmaceuticals will also help is extremely hard.

It really makes any study about pot benefits useless.

There are many studies on both sides of the issue. The biggest one for me is that prolonged pot exposure causes less neurons to develop during teenage years when the brain is growing, leading to stunted brain development and lower intelligence.

But of course, studies showing pot is either good or bad are all pretty much useless, because the strength and type of pot varies so drastically, and because of what I mentioned earlier.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: duaneology
So some of you are vehemently opposed to mj and don't buy the talk of its medicinal value. Great, then don't use it. I don't. But what gives me, you or anyone else the right to tell other intelligent adults what they can and can't use to medicate themselves?

For a country that thumps it's chest about "freedom" there sure are a lot of you who are happy to keep people who disagree with you from having it.

The war on drugs is a business...a very profitable business. The fact that it also satisfies the pharma lobbyists is just icing on the cake.

I have no care about what others do as long as it does not affect me. My husband a former user and my son-in-law a former user tell me that they would never hire a user in their businesses. The effect on production and safety in the workplace is a concern...personally I have never cared if it is legal or illegal. I do hate the fact that little children are started on it before their brains even develope to produce profit, I was on a jury for such a trial.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Needlessfiber
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Hi all I'm 26 and been smoking weed nearly every day since I was 16 and I have to say that I am addicted to weed =( and it's a nightmare. There's not a day that goes by that I can't have a joint, I don't know why but I think it's more of a mental addiction than anything else. If I don't have it I get really agitated and moody.
So to all those people that believe it's not addictive I have to say your wrong.

When I smoke weed I don't want to do ANYTHING it's made me a recluse and occasionally it gives me anxiety attacks and really panickey especially if I'm around other people, I've lost all my friends and don't really talk to anybody.

So it's not all hunkey dorey.

Veteran smoker, long time toker
I'll put an end to my dealer coming over
Then I'll be sober! Haa sorry, I had to.

Peace

My son-in-law, his brothers, my husband all also tell me they have very little memory from those young days on pot. it left a big hole in their memories, this is 5 people all saying the same thing.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
And its just as addictive as heroin... Lets not forget that...

LMAO!!

Totally.

This one time my cousin's boyfriend snorted a line of pot at a rave... and he's been gay ever since! My uncle tells me it also makes you liberal.
edit on 11-10-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hoochymama23

It HELPS Shrink Tumors for Gods Sake. If I had Cancer I would be the biggest "stoner" that has ever lived. Trust me on that.

Maybe that is why it should be treated as a drug and dispensed under care and not just used by many who will eventually abuse, and if it was dispensed like all pharmacy drugs kids would not have such access to it as they have growing, developing brains and organs.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Needlessfiber
Keep telling yourself that and wasting your money on it then I guess.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee
Why would anyone want to pay for it, when they can grow it themselves for free?

edit on Sat, 11 Oct 2014 17:34:20 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Why would anyone want to pay for it, when they can grow it themselves for free?

Because it would be refined into a drug that is usable at a safe but sufficient levels, like digitalous and a million other plants we can grow ourselves.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Hi all I'm 26 and been smoking weed nearly every day since I was 16 and I have to say that I am addicted to weed =( and it's a nightmare. There's not a day that goes by that I can't have a joint, I don't know why but I think it's more of a mental addiction than anything else. If I don't have it I get really agitated and moody.
So to all those people that believe it's not addictive I have to say your wrong.

When I smoke weed I don't want to do ANYTHING it's made me a recluse and occasionally it gives me anxiety attacks and really panickey especially if I'm around other people, I've lost all my friends and don't really talk to anybody.

Peace

My son-in-law, his brothers, my husband all also tell me they have very little memory from those young days on pot. it left a big hole in their memories, this is 5 people all saying the same thing.

Perhaps they might have other issues. Have they consulted a mental health professional or their primary care physician?
My guess is that alcohol played a bigger part in their memory loss than they care to admit.

alcohelp.wordpress.com...
edit on 11-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Peace

Perhaps they might have other issues. Have they consulted a mental health professional or their primary care physician?
My guess is that alcohol played a bigger part in their memory loss than they care to admit.

alcohelp.wordpress.com...

None but one brother of my son-in-law drinks at all. My husband has never drank alcohol he simply hates the taste to much, none have any mental health issues either, and they all come from very close warm families.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I guess I was never too picky, clipping it, and hanging it upside down to dry was always sufficient refinement for me lol. To each their own I guess, but as with just about everything else, I prefer things in their natural states.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau
Is it possible to have all these effects without getting "high" ?

for me mariuhana when i took it always was kind of strong..inspiring but not really relaxing. I am one of those who get a little "top heavy"...when smoking.

Maybe it's already been covered, but high CBD leaves cancel out the lower amount of THC/psychoactive constituent. It's not from hemp which is a different plant, but specially bred hybrids of marijuana. Take a look at the work of Dr. William Courtney to learn more about juicing leaves for high CBD content. His wife's testimonials are awesome, to say the least. There's a HUGE amount of information coming out now about the various medicinal qualities and many avoid the high.

We've been done a grave disservice by the legal issues around this complex and miraculous plant. Many ancient lines have been lost to prohibition, and millions of lives have been ruined. I dare say that the vast majority of social problems in this country (U.S.) can be directly or indirectly attributed to prohibition, arrests, incarcerations and the shattering of families and lack of career opportunities because of them.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Peace

Char-lee, have them investigate 'smart drugs' or nootropics; many will help with the memory issues; a simple and cheap trial of lecithin pills and pregnenolone, a neurosteroid necessary for memory retrievals, may help some and also repair the damage.

Your brain has to be working in a certain way during sleep to take temporary memories and make the permanent. It's likely that being constantly stoned because there's a two week (at least) clear out process, interfered with long term memories being made. It's also likely that they don't remember that much, because nothing much happened to them, because they were getting high all the time. It tends to take over one's life.

To the poster who was having trouble getting off marijuana, you can try scaling down to lighter doses but most everything these days is very high in THC content; it's a different drug than it used to be. Easier just to isolate yourself in one way or another (desert island and not Jamaica?) and just avoid it. The restlessness you feel without it fades quickly and you'll find being 'straight' a welcome novelty. Replace it with weightlifting or something that gives you a physical high. Vigorous exercise and raw vegan juice fasting will clear your system out quickly.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Finally, we can discuss cannabis on this site now? I pretty much stopped coming to this website in 2012 because my 'cannabis cures cancer' threads were getting removed, glad to see people are waking up.

edit on 12-10-2014 by Realm52 because: .

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau
Is it possible to have all these effects without getting "high" ?

for me mariuhana when i took it always was kind of strong..inspiring but not really relaxing. I am one of those who get a little "top heavy"...when smoking.

Apologies for the late reply to this early question. :-)

The answer here is how you consume the Cannabis. Heat converts TCHA (which is not psychoactive) to TCA (which is). So, if you don't heat the Cannabis, it won't make you high. So obviously, don't smoke it or bake it or vaporize it.

If you were to make tincture (a slow, cold extract into pure alcohol) that would extract all the health-giving goodness and you wouldn't get high from it.

If you then evaporated the alcohol, you'd be left with a concentrated medicine with no psychoactive qualities. All the goodness none of the "high".

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I'm 35 and not a wrinkle on my face.

Just say'in...

I'm 41 and not a wrinkle on my face, either.
Just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realm52
Finally, we can discuss cannabis on this site now? I pretty much stopped coming to this website in 2012 because my 'cannabis cures cancer' threads were getting removed, glad to see people are waking up.

dmt and ayahuasca discussions are still forbidden ..But there will come a time ...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
I didn't think we were allowed to say cannabis, here on ATS.
Surprised the mods haven't 404ed this thread.

I know, I dared to discuss cannabis on a cannabis thread and had my post deleted.

STRANGE!!!!

I thought things may have taken a turn for knowledge and not ignorance with many US states new stance on it.
I was mistaken.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join