It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native Americans knew something that is blind to society.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
I love how threads like these are always bumrushed by racist propaganda to try and justify or even deny genocide. People that claim to know the history of the people before they stepped foot here. Amusing as hell.

Well it's always interesting to see people romanticize about various cultures while forgetting about the less, shall we say, humanitarian aspects of such. It is not an excuse for genocide but people are catching on to the revised editions of history for a purpose. Again, Agenda 21 has a purpose and that is to equalize all the people's of the globe in some kind of romanticized earth goddess version of Marxist economic and social equality.

In fact here it is right in their literature. Take it as you will and please don't shoot the messenger www.unep.org...

And specifically where environmentalist agendas are concerned... here it is in writing

26.3. In full partnership with indigenous people and their communities, Governments and, where appropriate, intergovernmental organizations should aim at fulfilling the following objectives: (a) Establishment of a process to empower indigenous people and their communities through measures that include:

(i) Adoption or strengthening of appropriate policies and/or legal instruments at the national level; (ii) Recognition that the lands of indigenous people and their communities should be protected from activities that are environmentally unsound or that the indigenous people concerned consider to be socially and culturally inappropriate;

Here's that UN buzzword "sustainable development"

vi) Support for alternative environmentally sound means of production to ensure a range of choices on how to improve their quality of life so that they effectively participate in sustainable development;

and here is the use of indigenous peoples in their plans for sustainable development

(c) Involvement of indigenous people and their communities at the national and local levels in resource management and conservation strategies and other relevant programmes established to support and review sustainable development strategies, such as those suggested in other programme areas of Agenda 21.

How very romantic it all is..... no air condititoning, no single family dwellings, no private property....
edit on 5-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
a reply to: solemind4

My point is, there was no hatred, no fear of another human being because they were all the same, just living on different paths of destiny.

Umm... You might wanna bone up on American Indian history, where they used to kill each other in pretty large numbers. Tribe vs. tribe, young warrior vs one that wants to prove himself. They were pretty apt with knives, tomahawk and bow.

In any case, respect for the land, animals, and simply being content with what they had, at least that part is true.

LOL, I was just going to say that. Natives were freaking barbarians to other tribes and certainly did not adhere to these commandments as they took their heads during battle.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I have been studying lately how the Native Americans used to live, until the white man came and destroyed them.

Yo?

Native Americans were killing each other LONG BEFORE the 'white' man ever got here.

Geez.

Ya know with stuff like bows, and arrows, and tomahawks, and scalping people.

So what was the premise of the thread again ?

'Native Americans knew' WHAT ?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Interestingly somewhere around 200 ad the Spanish were conquered by the Moors from Africa. Oh what a tangled web we weave.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Loved your qiuck overview of the belief system of native Americans, very inspiring! One point of criticism: native Americans did experience disease. One noteworthy disease that was introduced in Europe from the America's was Syphilis and thus was present there before European contact. I do however totally agree with you that the laws of modern society are just as detached from the world around us as every other thing in it. Definately time to learn from the people we once deemed inferior and wiped out, before we ourselves are...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: solemind4

lovely, but I do believe that Native Americans had their diseases too...what we know as Black Plague, listeria, hantavirus, etc. lives in nature and not necessarily a European introduction like small pox and TB

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes they warred with other tribes, but noting on the scale as the rest of the world.

Scalping however was a import form Europe, the Franks, Visigoths are at least two European groups that used scalping hundreds of years before America was discovered. Later both the French and English paid bounties for scales of Native Americans. Yes Native Americans did use the practice, but they were taught too.

Are you aware the Native American people are still not represented in the UN?
edit on 5-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Now here's an obvious question, I think. What is the source for these '10 Native American Commandments?' As others have pointed out, there wasn't one group and one ideology that was 'Native American.' There were many different groups. So, what tribe had these commandments? And what is the source of them being legitimate? I saw something like this before, I'm not 100% if they were exactly the same commandments or not. But it's like, yea, those are some good, wise, practical commandments. But I've yet to see anyone have any real source...so I'm not convinced someone didn't just make these up, as people often like to do and then attribute it to some past person or group.
edit on 5-10-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
....to the seventh generation:

What Is the Seventh Generation?

My curiosity and research into the Cherokee Nation led me to stumbled upon Dekanawidah, an Iroquois chief, which in turn led to the Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy. Dekanawidah was regarded as the author of the Great Law.

The Iroquois have a constitution not unlike our own with which they governed the Iroquois nation for hundreds of years before the American Constitution was written. And the settlers considered them savages.

The first mandate to the Haudenosunee Iroquois chiefs is to ensure that their decisions are guided by consideration of the welfare and well-being of the seventh generation to come.

Wow, to the seventh generation to come! If we consider 25 years per generation, the Iroquois mandate is to look 175 years down the road, which is well beyond any humans lifetime, far beyond any direct contact for the impact of what we do today.

Who needs ten when one will do??

earthhonoringways.com...

from the same page, a Chief Seattle quote from 1855:

Please Hear Me...
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

Here in New Mexico, they laugh at people like you.

That's unfortunate! Laughing at someone who wants to treat other living creatures and our planet with respect and kindness, it's sad.

I have family that lives in Albuquerque New Mexico and they would never laugh or poke fun at someone for being "mystical." In fact, they are psychic and live their life based on the commandments like those listed in the OP, the golden rule.

I know a native that would use his Nativeness to bang white women on the east coast.

With all due respect, thats one mans assumed actions, right? What does one man have to do with the OP? You can't judge a philosophical belief or a culture based on one mans presumed actions.
edit on 5-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A quick correction on my post.... the Moorish conquest of Spain came from 711-788 en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Yes they warred with other tribes, but noting on the scale as the rest of the world.

Scalping however was a import form Europe, the Franks, Visigoths are at least two European groups that used scalping hundreds of years before America was discovered. Later both the French and English paid bounties for scales of Native Americans. Yes Native Americans did use the practice, but they were taught too.

Are you aware the Native American people are still not represented in the UN?

Really? So the native Indians only scalped after the Europeans came and so they are justified because although they practiced it, they are not responsible for their own actions? And as you can see by my post on Agenda 21 that the Indians of many nations, not just the US, are indeed currently being represented by the UN through legal actions and other programs.
edit on 5-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
My definition of a civilized population is where most people within that population are peaceful, respectful, law-abiding and supportive. A civilized society is one that is cohesive, politically stable and proactive.

No offense, but I don't think many people in this thread care about your heritage...

"Don't blame whitey" nonsense? How does not wanting all white people to be lumped into a common enemy that can be scapegoated for all the world's problems lead you to see such a view as "reverse evolution" exactly?

That's not the definition of civilized and even if it were, how can a war machine like America be considered civilized when we're so divided? You can rarely have a civilized conversation about politics, religious beliefs, or sadly even your damn favorite NFL team.

No offense, but who cares what you care about... if you didn't understand my intent on letting you know a piece of my heritage when it comes to this conversation, then I apologize for making you read that.

Who wants all white people to be lumped into a common enemy so it can be scapegoated? When did white people start playing victim here? You complain about people playing victim when you do exactly that. It's pathetic and show reverse evolution. You're taking steps back, no progressing to a final solution.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Really? So the native Indians only scalped after the Europeans came and so they are justified because although they practiced it, they are not responsible for their own actions?

Yes. Native American scalps were sold just like a beaver pelt. Native Americans did not scalp their enemies until Europeans came and introduced scalping. I suspect that they did it to the Europeans as retaliation for scalping them.

But the bottom line... Native American scalps = money.
edit on 10/12/10 by anicetus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ah yes, see how the white man destroys culture.

As for the slaves, they were the losers of tribal wars and sold to slavers by their own people.

Natives were brutal, slaving, xenophobic in many cases.

The romanticized Indian Love Call probably didn't factor in how he'd slice the tendons in her legs so she couldn't get away when he "needed" her.....

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: anicetus

Oh ok retaliation justified....I see

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Bullsnip.

Hell that isn't even counting the 'other' native Americans from South America.

Mankind has never known an era of 'peace'.

It is delusion that man thinks he ever has been.

There is not a continent on this earth that hasn't known conflict.

ETA :

Correction Antartica, and Artic well because there isn't anything there to fight over.

Yet.

edit on 5-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Good point Neo. Tunisia alone has experienced conquest from the Romans, the Phoenicians, the Arabs, and the French.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

The myth of the Noble Savage is just that, a myth. Native Americans warred with each other just as violently as other cultures:

Despite evidence of warfare and violent conflict in pre-Columbian North America, scholars argue that the scale and scope of Native American violence is exaggerated. They contend that scholarly misrepresentation has denigrated indigenous peoples when in fact they lived together in peace and harmony. In rebutting that contention, this groundbreaking book presents clear evidence—from multiple academic disciplines—that indigenous populations engaged in warfare and ritual violence long before European contact. In ten well-documented and thoroughly researched chapters, fourteen leading scholars dispassionately describe sources and consequences of Amerindian warfare and violence, including ritual violence. Originally presented at an American Anthropological Association symposium, their findings construct a convincing case that bloodshed and killing have been woven into the fabric of indigenous life in North America for many centuries.

The editors argue that a failure to acknowledge the roles of warfare and violence in the lives of indigenous North Americans is itself a vestige of colonial repression—depriving native warriors of their history of armed resistance. These essays document specific acts of Native American violence across the North American continent. Including contributions from anthropologists, archaeologists, historians, and ethnographers, they argue not only that violence existed but also that it was an important and frequently celebrated component of Amerindian life. North American Indigenous Warfare and Ritual Violence 978-0-8165-2532-4

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Conveniently left out the human sacrifice debacle that throws all this hogwash history in the outhouse.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join