It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It bothers me that Dr. Frieden tweets out information that can be misleading to people. You can't just say that ebola is not airborne without clarification. All this will do is instill a false sense of security and cause more to be infected.

Simply said, infected individuals who are sneezing and coughing are not safe to be around without proper safe gear. We have all seen the images of people in containment suit or scientists working with the virus wearing negative presure suits.

Airborne vs aerosol has already been discussed in a different thead... www.abovetopsecret.com...... so I won't go into it here.

But for Dr. Frieden to tweet this flyer out is irresponsible to say the least...

And his tweet... Twitter...

This after he said it himself At the CDC press conference from a few days ago, as I have quoted in my signature.

Transcript from the conference here... CDC archive

He needs to step up to the plate and be straight with us or get out and let someone can do the job in... if there is someone.

edit on pm052014102014Sunday by adomol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

You seem like an intellectual statist. I am taking the time and space out of the forum to call you out.

That being stated I just want you to know, this # is going to come back unless you get off your high horse and advocate for a significant fraction of our money toward placing a lid on this.

Discuss. Feel free to pm me

edit on 5-10-2014 by nukedog because: Autocorrect again

edit on 5-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The clean up crew was back at the apartment where Mr. Duncan stayed. They are removing everything now, including carpet and drapes. Everything. I hope Judge Jenkins is watching this. He has been very dismissive about the risk to those who remained in the apartment. I found his visits there and his comments at the news conference about driving the family to relocate them in his car and still wearing the same shirt to be dangerously mis-representative of the risks involved.

DALLAS — As children played soccer and families visited with each other outside, there was some semblance of normalcy returning Sunday in the North Dallas neighborhood where Ebola patient Thomas Duncan had been living; normalcy, even as the very abnormal happened just yards away.

"We've been told we won't be involved in anything bigger than this for a long time," said Brad Smith, vice president of Cleaning Guys, a Fort Worth-based environmental hazardous materials clean-up business.

Smith's crew suited up in astronaut-looking garb Sunday as they began the second and final decontamination phase at that apartment in The Ivy complex.

"Full face shields, full respirators, hoods, booties, gloves — we're triple-gloving," Smith explained. "Anything that's in there, it'll be completely stripped out — from the carpet, to the curtains, to all belongings."

Source

Hats off to the crew that took on this de-contamination. Please swing by the judge's house and bag up the clothes he wore both times he went there and grab his car for good measure. Ebola deserves a healthy dose of quarantine, not someone bragging that there is no risk, when there very clearly was. That is not leadership, that is dismissive and disingenuous and we expect a self designated spokesman to be better informed about Ebola and the lingering dangers it presents.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: megabogie

Me either. I don't know if there is anything to it or not but hey,..at this point......Having a bottle or two on hand cant hurt......

edit on 5-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: adomol

This type of behavior makes me understand why the locals in West Africa were so irate about ebola and failed to believe that it even existed, that the very workers there to check on them had brought the disease themselves.

At first it was really difficult to understand, I thought based in fear, but now I can see that they just saw the ignorance of how it was being handled and common sense told them to see everything as a conspiracy.

And that was how it spread, continues to spread.

edit on pm1031pmSun, 05 Oct 2014 20:48:08 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: k3d59

Your links are so appreciated, as a single Mom the only way to combat fear is through knowledge.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
a reply to: Destinyone

I heard that as well. More information later.......

This is different than the NJ airplane vomiting guy. Negative results available in less than 5 hours.

It was my understanding, the Dover, Delaware individual was admitted Saturday.

Why the delay?

And in the Atlanta case, they were certain he didn't have ebola in 12 hours. Yet at the same time it took over 24 hours to say the one DC case was malaria. No word about the second DC case yet and that's been over 24 hours as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Florida in the mix now.

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A sick child has been taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital out of a precaution due to flu-like symptoms.

Officials believe the child visiting Miami Beach from West Africa is not likely to have Ebola.

Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez said Sunday night he requested the test and released
a statement:

“This morning I was briefed on actions that our local health officials had taken in a specific case here in Miami-Dade County. Due to patient privacy rules, the County is limited in what information we can provide. However, our residents and visitors should rest assured that despite the fact that this patient who was visiting our area did not meet the test criteria established by the Centers for Disease Control, and that it is unlikely that they have Ebola, out of an abundance of caution I requested that the test still be conducted. Again, at this time, we have no reason to believe that this patient is infected with the virus. My administration will continue to monitor the situation.”

Source

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: adomol
I agree 100%. Ebola is large droplet transmissable. If you believe one of the CDC's lines of BS, that's three feet..but personally if I was observing those precautions it would be ten feet...if I was even on the same side of the street. This bug is not the worst on planet Earth. That honor is reserved for the superbugs in the weapons labs of the US, Russia, and China.

It's not far from it, though.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

This is what an isolation center looks like in Africa:

Why don't they tent that entire complex in the same manner with Tyvek, clear the area and mist everything with 5% bleach?

Instead we get this:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

Everything you need to know about spreading of diseases via droplet dispersion in air via all known means, including flushing of toilets that contain infectious material.

PDF file. eprints.qut.edu.au...

Des

edit on 5-10-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Thanks for that link, des. I recommend everyone brush up on their isolation and decontamination knowledge and that link is a good place to start.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't think the CDC is telling us everything, let alone the truth. I wouldn't doubt there are more cases of Ebola and it is being hidden to reduce panic....or if you want to go way out there in left field... it's apart of a bigger plan. If there truly hasn't been, the lack of control over our boarders could change that. What is concerning to me is the the spread of entrovirus 68 (a respiratory infection). IF it were to mutate (merge??) with Ebola, we could have a big problem on our hands. One of the survivors of Ebola was recently admitted for a respiratory infection and is being retested for Ebola. (unless I misunderstood the article) Something is off with this whole thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

Ms. Jallah said she was not thinking specifically about Ebola, but she had a warning for the arriving emergency medical workers: “You need to wear masks and be protective because this man is from a viral country.”

Ms. Jallah followed the ambulance to the hospital, and by the time she found Mr. Duncan in Room 42, nurses had already placed an isolation sign on the door. When she got back to her apartment, she instructed her four children not to touch her, sealed her clothes in a plastic bag and took a bath laced with Clorox.

She called her mother and told her to avoid the bed that Mr. Duncan had shared and to bag up his towels. When Ms. Troh protested because the blanket was new, Ms. Jallah returned to Walmart to buy bedding, towels and a thin mattress. “That blanket is not as important as your life,” she told her mother.

Sounds like Ms. Jallah was doing everything she knew how to protect those around her.
edit on 5-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: .

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 2gd2btru

It does sound like Ms. Jallah did everything in her knowledge to protect everyone....................... in this article.

A few articles ago it read more like she had no clue what she was doing. Dragging that god forsaken blanket from the home to the hospital and to the couch next to children.

I guess it depends on which way they feel like spinning it.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

It also says she found him in a room as opposed to being with him in the waiting room. Also a clean mattress that he hasn't slept on appears. So now which is spin and which is the truth, or are they both spin?

edit on 5-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: .

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2gd2btru
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

It also says she found him in a room as opposed to being with him in the waiting room. Also a clean mattress that he hasn't slept on appears. So now which is spin and which is the truth, or are they both spin?

I'd be willing to put money on the latter.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 2gd2btru
According to a Washington Post article, Jalla took the blanket with her to the hospital. How did it end up back at her mom's apartment? "No blanket is worth your life."
What am I missing here?

Jallah took a quick trip to Wal-Mart and bought a $50 brown cotton blanket. When she returned, she draped it over Duncan’s shoulders and then gently lifted him by his back to try to get him to drink some hot tea. That’s when she looked into his eyes and knew in her heart that things were very bad.

Jallah didn’t wait to watch the ambulance leave. All she had on her mind was getting to the hospital as quickly as she could, she said. She headed to her red Toyota minivan with the blanket in her arms, joined now by two cousins she had picked up earlier on her way to the Ivy Apartments and her father, Joe Joe Jallah.

www.washingtonpost.com... 5f-11e4-891d-713f052086a0_story.html

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Isn't that the reason for collecting these articles...the story always changes.

Whether the changes are to keep the public off balance, or people changing their stories to CYA, or something more sinister it has been consistent for years that the stories will always change.

The simple truth is replaced by confusion.

edit on 5-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: added another thought.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It's even like that on my local news.

I was just watching and it said "An update on the first ebola patient diagnosed in the US" and flashed a picture of the NBC camera man.

Obfuscation.

HOLY CRAP I thought that was just a screw up but no, they kept showing pictures of him and saying the name "Duncan" with shots of Presby hospital. Good grief!
edit on 5-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join