It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If you live in Texas you already know nothing short of an iron wall with a moat and land mines will keep people on one side of a border. I don't know how they do it in Africa.

I maintain that if international aid isn't rendered to put a lid on Ebola this will repeat and get worse every time

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Thanks for the heads up on Dr. Mobley's efforts.

Two days after a man in Texas was diagnosed with Ebola, a Missouri doctor Thursday morning showed up at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport dressed in protective gear to protest what he called mismanagement of the crisis by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Dr. Gil Mobley checked in and cleared airport security wearing a mask, goggles, gloves, boots and a hooded white jumpsuit emblazoned on the back with the words, “CDC is lying!”

“If they’re not lying, they are grossly incompetent,” said Mobley, a microbiologist and emergency trauma physician from Springfield, Mo.

Mobley said the CDC is “sugar-coating” the risk of the virus spreading in the United States.

Efforts to reach a CDC spokesperson for comments on Mobley’s criticism have been unsuccessful.

Source

I also think Dr. Frieden is missing a major point of the criticism being leveled at the CDC. It isn't just fear, it is ANGER at the multiple mis-steps in Texas and the lack of a plan for how to handle a domestic case of Ebola.

CNN reports from Liberia this morning indicated that Mr. Duncan nor any of the others exposed was told that the girl they helped there died from Ebola. He did not know he had been exposed.

Liberia this week threatened to arrest journalists for reporting on Ebola there without express approval from the government. The coverup of Ebola information directly created the infection in Dallas since Mr. Duncan was not informed he was exposed before he flew here. Shame on the Liberian government for putting the world at risk due to their coverup, and I dare say, shame on the CDC and other local authorities for releasing those with direct contact with Mr. Duncan from isolation at the very point when they are most likely to develop symptoms and become contagious themselves, if they are infected.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: texasgirl

Thanks for the heads up on Dr. Mobley's efforts.

Two days after a man in Texas was diagnosed with Ebola, a Missouri doctor Thursday morning showed up at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport dressed in protective gear to protest what he called mismanagement of the crisis by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Dr. Gil Mobley checked in and cleared airport security wearing a mask, goggles, gloves, boots and a hooded white jumpsuit emblazoned on the back with the words, “CDC is lying!”

“If they’re not lying, they are grossly incompetent,” said Mobley, a microbiologist and emergency trauma physician from Springfield, Mo.

Mobley said the CDC is “sugar-coating” the risk of the virus spreading in the United States.

Efforts to reach a CDC spokesperson for comments on Mobley’s criticism have been unsuccessful.

Source

I also think Dr. Frieden is missing a major point of the criticism being leveled at the CDC. It isn't just fear, it is ANGER at the multiple mis-steps in Texas and the lack of a plan for how to handle a domestic case of Ebola.

CNN reports from Liberia this morning indicated that Mr. Duncan nor any of the others exposed was told that the girl they helped there died from Ebola. He did not know he had been exposed.

Liberia this week threatened to arrest journalists for reporting on Ebola there without express approval from the government. The coverup of Ebola information directly created the infection in Dallas since Mr. Duncan was not informed he was exposed before he flew here. Shame on the Liberian government for putting the world at risk due to their coverup, and I dare say, shame on the CDC and other local authorities for releasing those with direct contact with Mr. Duncan from isolation at the very point when they are most likely to develop symptoms and become contagious themselves, if they are infected.

In the article I read he assisted in taking her to AN EBOLA TREATMENT FACILITY but was turned away as they were full. I don't buy for 1 second that he didn't know.
edit on 6-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Tell me please, what benefits come to the us from that region?

. what ARE these benefits to America that outweigh this tremendous risk of importation of a grisly epidemic???

let me first say i think we need to lock it down. no travel to and from indefinately.

as far as benefits....thats a big fat zero

we do import from them.
diamonds and ash among other things....in the big picture though we do not import much. even if we did, so what. lock it down
there are still diamonds to go around. im sure antwerp would be glad to ship over some extra*
as far as the ash, well i dont know for sure but i think we could probably survive without it.

as far as visiting...guess there wont be any..those are the breaks....trying to prevent a pandemic here

*i dont know how the diamond trade works. dont need to know. just wanted to use the word antwerp

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Doctors here can't even diagnose Ebola without testing that takes hours.

The CNN report was from correspondent Nima Elbagir on the ground in Monrovia, Liberia. Her investigation and interview with the sister of the victim he and others helped there revealed people did not know the girl had Ebola. None of the 100 or so people who touched her knew.

Given the chaos on the ground in Liberia, I'd agree this is possible. Liberia has been trying to suppress their cases count. Not revealing causes of death would do that.

edit on 6-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Port Lagos thanks us for not shutting Liberia down

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

One article stating the girl was bleeding from the mouth.

Then one of the men who helped to carry her died a few days later.

I would think Duncan's (or anyones) powers of deduction would be good enough to put 2 and 2 together considering he lives in a country absolutely riddled with Ebola.........

if not, well, no wondered is spreads so fast.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Are you kidding me????
Up to 80 Penn State students being monitored for Ebola after visits to outbreak areas: report

Experts warn right up front that the chances of any Penn State students falling ill with Ebola are very low.

Nevertheless, Penn State officials in University Park tell WJAC-TV that they have identified 80 students who traveled to areas near the Ebola Virus outbreak.

These students are now being monitored by the university for virus symptoms, the TV report said.

University officials said the students were spread out across all Penn State campuses and were not just located at the main campus in State College, WJAC said.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This is madness!

A shipping container filled with approximately $140,000 worth of medical equipment needed to fight the spread of the Ebola virus in the West African country of Sierra Leone has sat untouched on the docks of the country's capital for nearly two months according to a published report.

Link

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gully

This is the kind of thing that makes me really mad at the whole "But we can't stop the outbreak in Africa if we stop flights" argument.

You absolutely cannot help someone who wont lift a finger to help themselves. If the African government and people will not utilize the tools they are given to fight it, then we are just putting ourselves at risk for no good reason. If the people insist on relying on their faiths and customs more than facts and science on how this disease is spread, then we cannot help them.

It's like if you ever had that family member who you tried and tried and tried to help but just couldn't. Maybe they drink or drug or go back to an abusive husband or wife, you try to help and you try but every time they go back to what is hurting them. What do you do then? Keep enabling them to kill themselves?

Really. Think about that.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

When the CDC is releasing direct contacts with Duncan from isolation in the US now, is there any wonder that people are confused about what constitutes exposure and risk. I blame authorities in both countries and they leave a lot of room for doubt about what people should be doing or who is at risk. It is a mess. Just sharing what CNN is learning from Liberia.

edit on 6-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I think you can count on one hand the number of Liberians that know what to do with that anyway

"Omg everybody. This would just go away if we glassed Africa!"
edit on 6-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

I can't argue with that, point taken.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
Are you kidding me????
Up to 80 Penn State students being monitored for Ebola after visits to outbreak areas: report

Experts warn right up front that the chances of any Penn State students falling ill with Ebola are very low.

Nevertheless, Penn State officials in University Park tell WJAC-TV that they have identified 80 students who traveled to areas near the Ebola Virus outbreak.

These students are now being monitored by the university for virus symptoms, the TV report said.

University officials said the students were spread out across all Penn State campuses and were not just located at the main campus in State College, WJAC said.

WTH were they doing over there to begin with???!!!! GEEZ......between this post & Gullys latest post, WTH IS GOING ON???!!! So they wont give over the desperately needed equipment for just a few grand???!!!! REALLY!!! So just let all the people die over a few thousand???!!!!! I'm just speechless.......I'm really starting to think this might be done purposely, & I hate to even think it, let alone type it out....
Portion From Gullys article: 'Meanwhile, another would-be donor, an expatriate Sierra Leonean living in Canada, tells the paper his shipment has been delayed for over a month because of the government's unwillingness to pay a $5,000 shipping fee. In context, the government official told The Times that the country has received over $40 million in cash donations to help fight Ebola.'
edit on 10/6/14 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.

originally posted by: whatnext21
Are you kidding me????

WTH were they doing over there to begin with???!!!! GEEZ......between this post & Gullys latest post, WTH IS GOING ON???!!! So they wont give over the desperately needed equipment for just a few grand???!!!! REALLY!!! So just let all the people die over a few thousand???!!!!! I'm just speechless.......I'm really starting to think this might be done purposely, & I hate to even think it, let alone type it out....

Not just a few grand but apparently political too...

The Times reports that the shipment was organized by Chernoh Alpha Bah, an opposition politician in Sierra Leone. A government official told the paper that approval of the shipment may have been delayed to prevent the opposition from scoring political points about their response to the outbreak

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

They don't want to use them. They get added aid money from having the virus. A part of the money goes in the pockets some of government over there. If they make too much progress we'd stop sending aid cause they no longer have a problem, but if they don't show better numbers we stop sending aid in a way they can take from. What do they do they hide the number of death to project a better rating but not good enough to stop aid, just enough to keep money coming in.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero

They don't want to use them. They get added aid money from having the virus. A part of the money goes in the pockets some of government over there. If they make too much progress we'd stop sending aid cause they no longer have a problem, but if they don't show better numbers we stop sending aid in a way they can take from. What do they do they hide the number of death to project a better rating but not good enough to stop aid, just enough to keep money coming in.

Seems plausible.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

O yeah, I got that message loud & clear TY!! That's why I'm questioning if THEY are doing this purposely, again I HATE typing it or thinking it!! Children are at risk also, not time to be playing games!!! Many of us here still have small children, hence the overly freaking out, & worry. I'm one of those parents who unfortunately have 2 young boys who have a tendency to catch everything!! Lymes, h1n1, pneumonia between the 2 boys, 4 times, with one child hospitalized twice, chicken pox after vaccination, shingles after vaccination, even pneumonia was AFTER vaccination, bronchitis, 22 yr old had MRSA, scarlet fever....the list goes on.....yep, I'm very worried....keep the updates coming
Your ALL doing a wonderful job, TY ALL so much!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

Maybe they are keeping him alive. For many reasons.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

You absolutely cannot help someone who wont lift a finger to help themselves. If the African government and people will not utilize the tools they are given to fight it, then we are just putting ourselves at risk for no good reason. If the people insist on relying on their faiths and customs more than facts and science on how this disease is spread, then we cannot help them.

right on my friend. ive been saying this as well.

a couple weeks ago before this dallas situation obama sent or said he was going to send 3k people over there to help.
i think we should send exactly 0 people over at least until they get their # together over there.

they are burying the dead bodies instead of burning them. then animals dig them up and the disease spreads more.
its not like they dont know...they do know but for religious reasons or tradition or both they continue to bury instead of burn.
that is just 1 thing out of many that needs to be changed over there before we send people into the danger zone.

if theyre not stepping up then we shouldnt swoop in to save the day.

i know i know...ebola is a world problem, not an african one.
true to a point.
its an outbreak over there. over here there are some isolated cases.

i would much rather see the us lock down travel to and from. i would much rather see the us lock it down indefinitely for people wanting to visit from africa.
i would much rather see the us make us citizens in africa that want to come back go through a mandatory quarantine process BEFORE setting foot back on us soil
i would much rather see 3k people work the problem here.
i would much rather see the money spent ad the money we would spend in the future in africa stay right here to fight the problem.

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join