It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Uuuum...the CDC released her from isolation today.

Troh’s other daughter, Youngor Jallah, 35, who cared for Duncan before calling the ambulance to get him, was told Sunday by CDC officials that she no longer has to isolate herself and her family.

“They came today to say it is okay if I want to go out,” she said.

But Youngor said she feels that people outside her apartment do not want her to come close.

The last report was that Mr. Duncan had been placed on a respirator.

Source

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

What!?

So much for 21 day quarantine?!

“This whole Ebola thing — this virus is tearing people apart,” Jallah said. “Since the whole thing occurred, nobody has come to visit.”

edit on 5-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: adomol
It bothers me that Dr. Frieden tweets out information that can be misleading to people. You can't just say that ebola is not airborne without clarification. All this will do is instill a false sense of security and cause more to be infected.

Simply said, infected individuals who are sneezing and coughing are not safe to be around without proper safe gear. We have all seen the images of people in containment suit or scientists working with the virus wearing negative presure suits.

Airborne vs aerosol has already been discussed in a different thead... www.abovetopsecret.com...... so I won't go into it here.

But for Dr. Frieden to tweet this flyer out is irresponsible to say the least...

And his tweet... Twitter...

This after he said it himself At the CDC press conference from a few days ago, as I have quoted in my signature.

Transcript from the conference here... CDC archive

He needs to step up to the plate and be straight with us or get out and let someone can do the job in... if there is someone.

I think this is bullcrap and I'll tell you why, since I am on a "speak my mind" kick right before bed.

You CAN catch it through the air, if someone with it just sneezed.
You CAN catch it through water, if there is diseased blood/urine in it (right?)
You CAN catch it through food, if the animal had it (right?)

So really all of that is just bullcrap, RIGHT?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
“This whole Ebola thing — this virus is tearing people apart,” Jallah said. “Since the whole thing occurred, nobody has come to visit.”

Ever since she was exposed to a deadly disease that is highly contagious, people haven't come over to her quarantined, ebola-vomited apartment? Awww, you guys! She needs better friends! Who volunteers?

Not it.
edit on 5/10/2014 by LukeDAP because: fixed quote

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I would assume she was one of the 9 high risk contacts. If she is not isolated, that would be a signal that none of them are now.

I really have to question the CDC's judgment on this one. Why now, at the peak of the incubation period when symptoms are most likely to begin?

That seems unnecessarily careless.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Released. Oh, well. I hope the Washington Post article was wrong and Jalla didn't carry an Ebola-infested blanket from the apartment to her car to the hospital.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Your link mentions two Jallah women. One Youngor Jallah, 35 was more high risk than the other Mawhen Jallah, 28. Youngor was the one who took care of Thomas Duncan and called the ambulance. Mawhen said she never ever hugged him as others did. Mawhen followed the ambulance and told her mother the blanket wasn't worth her life.

Although I believe both women are released from volunteer isolation.

edit on 5-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: add

edit on 5-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: Word changed

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 2gd2btru

I think if we went back and looked, we would find that she was never even technically quarantined. The CDC allowed her visitors which never made sense to me. High risk and direct contact with a symptomatic Ebola patient, I would have naively thought warranted a 21 day isolation, and yes even a quarantine. This protocol is very confusing to me, but then I am not an infectious disease expert by any stretch.

ETA: On a personal note, my heart breaks for all the people in this family. They must feel very alone and authorities have not communicated with them well at all, based on reports. That's why we have experts and pay for them with taxes. The experts, I feel, have been less that exemplary. This family and indeed, people from Liberia, have faced many challenges over the years. I pray for them and hope that we remember, through all this, that Ebola is the evil, not the victims it attacks. She has my sympathy and prayers.

The CDC, I will leave only this - ???

edit on 5-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

You're right. My bad choice of words. I will change it to better state the situation. Thank you.

I know your source said Mawhen volunteered to be isolated. She also lives further away, and only had a brief visit. I don't remember Youngor's circumstances other than she was at greater risk due to caring for him in the apartment and calling the ambulance.

It is confusing to me also why they would not wait the 21 days. Such a short amount of time considering what is at risk.

I am with you DancedWithWolves on praying for this family. I can't imagine their heartache. One of the things risked by an early release from isolation is them having to face all those who fear this hasn't been handled right by the authorities. I know I would be more comfortable with someone who endured the full incubation time in isolation.

edit on 6-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: Comment to DancedWithWolves

edit on 6-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I just called out the BS n the White House's facebook page with the following:

We found EBOV to be shed in a wide variety of bodily fluids during the acute phase of illness, including saliva, breast milk, stool, and tears. In most cases, the infected bodily fluid was not visibly contaminated by blood. Of particular concern is the frequent presence of EBOV in saliva early during the course of disease, where it could be transmitted to others through intimate contact and from sharing food, especially given the custom, in many parts of Africa, of eating with the hands from a common plate.

Assessment of the Risk of Ebola Virus Transmission from Bodily Fluids and Fomites

Except that bbcode doesn't work on facebook and I was unable to emphasize how I would have liked.
edit on 5-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed tag

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
I just called out the BS n the White House's facebook page with the following:

We found EBOV to be shed in a wide variety of bodily fluids during the acute phase of illness, including saliva, breast milk, stool, and tears. In most cases, the infected bodily fluid was not visibly contaminated by blood. Of particular concern is the frequent presence of EBOV in saliva early during the course of disease, where it could be transmitted to others through intimate contact and from sharing food, especially given the custom, in many parts of Africa, of eating with the hands from a common plate.

Assessment of the Risk of Ebola Virus Transmission from Bodily Fluids and Fomites

Except that bbcode doesn't work on facebook and I was unable to emphasize how I would have liked.

Someone needs to answer to that CDC flyer that was tweeted out and the statements you bolded.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

MY POST WAS REMOVED

This is the picture on the White House Facebook page that I replied to and which reply is now gone.

I replied again.
edit on 6-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

So far, my second comment has remained
edit on 6-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
"AMerican has the best Doctors and public health infrastructure in the world"

All I can say to thats is.....

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

The USA is almost bottom in the developed world for healthcare! There are a dozen country's with better healthcare!

Talks about Merikan propaganda bull #

Only thing the US is number one on is Military spending, Prison pop and national debt hahaha

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Oh, it is absolutely complete BS, and I see now from jadedANDcynical that this is also what the White House is pushing. How stupid does DC think we are? For about the past two decades that ebola has been on the radar, all of what we have seen of it includes people in FULL BIOHAZARD SAFETY SUITS.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You forgot - saving our Limey cousins from the Huns - Murica!!!

It's all propaganda and damage control from here on out really.

Until the next "medical tourist" arrives and the whole fiasco starts over again........

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
How dare they. Whatever happened to free speech?
The CDC bulletin is spreading misinformation. Ebola can be spread by water and food, let the WH intern share a bottle of SmartWater with Mr. Duncan. If, by some miracle, he survives, let the WH bring him to the Oval Office, as wi/ other survivors, and let them all mozy 'round the buffet table--chips and dip should be an interesting vehicle for the Big E.

Bravo and

for telling the truth and for exercising freedom of speech.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

the eleven pm news says he is still critical, so, what was with the earlier story that he had died????

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

who knows?

We aren't going to know anything until they want us to know.

Maybe they are keeping it under wraps to sway the "markets", maybe they want people to assume longer treatment times after symptom onset, maybe he is still alive. The reports of his death have not been confirmed to the best of my knowledge.

My point was - every tidbit of information coming out should be weighed. It is all suspect.

IF Ebola can ONLY be passed by direct contact with body fluids (now) then let them do a press conference from Mr. Duncan's room in the hospital. That would go a long way towards making people believe them. As long as they live in disinfected bubbles they cannot be trusted to give honest facts to the masses.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Anyway, I think we all need to step up aid to west Africa. We should all donate what we can to charities (a lot of good ones do a google search) and demand more action from our politicians. If we collectively bury our head in the sand and let it mutate out of control, we deserve what's coming. If it's not already too late.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but we already have .......Obama has sent 4,000 troops to West Africa to construct hospitals and help curb the pandemic there!!

So here is why I say don't take this the wrong way......Obozo can commit our american troops to his homeland and put every single one of them in situation where they are face to face with an absolute killer but can't restrict air travel from the Ebola laden countries to America??? He can commit American troops to fight for people in Africa but cannot commit to sending troops to Mid East to help take out ISIS.that have murdered thousands of Christians Muslims Jews agnostics ????...fear of upsetting his political relationships with key Muslims he needs....Fear of offending people of the great religion of peace Islam! Has this genius thought about those servicemen returning home.......if one man has the countries so prepared leaders in this much turmoil, what are 4,000 men coming out of the same area going to do to this country and its already incompetent handling of just one case!!!

He refuses to restrict air travel out of West Africa to America for fear of detrimental harm to their economy?? so he cares about Africa's economy and does not give a rat's ass about ours!!!

Why in God's name is this fool still President? I think calling up our troops to expose themselves to a level 4 pathogen is no different than attempted murder.....Yes send donations and clothes and gloves and medical supplies but please not American men and women to almost a guaranteed death!!!! Especially when he cannot even put his crappy coffee cup down and give those Marines a decent salute!! He has done so much to undermine our Military it is not even funny!!

sorry for the rant .......this sickens me!!

Pax

Thanks for the advice guys about DFW and to you Texasgirl......that helped make my decision! American by the way...

edit on 10/6/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Has this been posted yet??? www.cnn.com.../video/us/2014/10/05/nr-intv-dr-mobley-hazmat-suit-at-airport-ebola.cnn&hpt=hp_c3&from_homepage=yes&video_refer rer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

From the article: "Doctor Gilbert Mobley wore a hazmat suit and strolled through the world's busiest airport to make a point about Ebola."
On the back of his hazmat suit, he wrote 'THE CDC IS LYING'

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join