It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Couldn't agree with you more!! Well said!! I would give you more stars if I could!!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
"AMerican has the best Doctors and public health infrastructure in the world"

All I can say to thats is.....

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

The USA is almost bottom in the developed world for healthcare! There are a dozen country's with better healthcare!

Talks about Merikan propaganda bull #

Only thing the US is number one on is Military spending, Prison pop and national debt hahaha

the only thing missing from your post was the theme song

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Doctor successfully treated for Ebola is hospitalized

A Massachusetts doctor who recovered from Ebola is again hospitalized, this time with a respiratory infection apparently unrelated to the disease he contracted as a missionary in Africa, his physician said.

UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Mass., says Richard Sacra was hospitalized Saturday in stable condition with a cough and pinkeye.

Robert Finberg, who is leading Sacra's medical team, says "it is highly unlikely" the Ebola has returned. He said Sacra will remain in isolation until doctors have confirmation he is not infected with the virus, probably in a day or two.

Sacra returned home Sept. 25 after weeks of treatment at a Nebraska hospital.

source

Pink eye?

That boy that supposedly died with entry has an article about him that says went to bed with pinkie and next morning he was dead. No other symptoms.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
oooh well, while we're all in lock down bring some good books to read

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

Doctor successfully treated for Ebola is hospitalized

A Massachusetts doctor who recovered from Ebola is again hospitalized, this time with a respiratory infection apparently unrelated to the disease he contracted as a missionary in Africa, his physician said.

UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Mass., says Richard Sacra was hospitalized Saturday in stable condition with a cough and pinkeye.

Robert Finberg, who is leading Sacra's medical team, says "it is highly unlikely" the Ebola has returned. He said Sacra will remain in isolation until doctors have confirmation he is not infected with the virus, probably in a day or two.

Sacra returned home Sept. 25 after weeks of treatment at a Nebraska hospital.

source

Pink eye?

That boy that supposedly died with entry has an article about him that says went to bed with pinkie and next morning he was dead. No other symptoms.

I noticed the same. AND.....HE is now having respiratory problems.....the family of the boy that died, said the boy had no other symptoms....since I'm from south jersey, not far from where this boy lived, it's been all over the local news. The latest news on the boy was that they DID retest him after he died, to be sure he didn't have Ebola, & the findings came back that he definately died from enterovirus & not Ebola. So they say....but, this IS disturbing news with this man now back in the hospital with a respiratory illness & pink eye.....WTH IS GOING ON??!!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Patient being tested for Ebola in Delaware

A patient with Ebola-like symptoms is being tested for the deadly virus at a Delaware hospital, Fox News confirmed Sunday. 

A nurse at Bayhealth Kent General Hospital in Dover confirmed to Fox News that a patient exhibiting Ebola symptoms has been placed in isolation in the hospital and is being tested for the deadly virus, but did not give any more detail.

source

ETA the google search info says she is an 8 year old girl who recently traveled to Liberia with her parents. Story does not elaborate on that though?

What the heck?! Why in the world would you take your little girl to LIBERIA?!!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Patient being tested for Ebola in Delaware

A patient with Ebola-like symptoms is being tested for the deadly virus at a Delaware hospital, Fox News confirmed Sunday. 

A nurse at Bayhealth Kent General Hospital in Dover confirmed to Fox News that a patient exhibiting Ebola symptoms has been placed in isolation in the hospital and is being tested for the deadly virus, but did not give any more detail.

source

ETA the google search info says she is an 8 year old girl who recently traveled to Liberia with her parents. Story does not elaborate on that though?

What the heck?! Why in the world would you take your little girl to LIBERIA?!!

Not only that, why refuse to test her for Ebola??? I'm not understanding that?? If I was that childs parent, I would insist for her to be tested for everything under the sun!!!
edit on 10/6/14 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

MY POST WAS REMOVED

This is the picture on the White House Facebook page that I replied to and which reply is now gone.

I replied again.

So far, my second comment has remained

If what they posted on the WH facebook page is true, then why won't Obama come to Dallas? He's nowhere to be seen.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2gd2btru
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

It also says she found him in a room as opposed to being with him in the waiting room. Also a clean mattress that he hasn't slept on appears. So now which is spin and which is the truth, or are they both spin?

Should be self-evident in 2-21 days.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
Has this been posted yet??? www.cnn.com.../video/us/2014/10/05/nr-intv-dr-mobley-hazmat-suit-at-airport-ebola.cnn&hpt=hp_c3&from_homepage=yes&video_refer rer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

From the article: "Doctor Gilbert Mobley wore a hazmat suit and strolled through the world's busiest airport to make a point about Ebola."
On the back of his hazmat suit, he wrote 'THE CDC IS LYING'

He has been interviewed on Fox News and does say the CDC is lying. "They are 'sugar coating' the risk of the spread of the virus."

Wanna bet this guy is going to disappear soon?
edit on 6-10-2014 by texasgirl because: added more

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: research100

who knows?

We aren't going to know anything until they want us to know.

Maybe they are keeping it under wraps to sway the "markets", maybe they want people to assume longer treatment times after symptom onset, maybe he is still alive. The reports of his death have not been confirmed to the best of my knowledge.

My point was - every tidbit of information coming out should be weighed. It is all suspect.

You mean kind of like business as usual. Read between the lines. Es así normal. Good point.

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: research100
IF Ebola can ONLY be passed by direct contact with body fluids (now) then let them do a press conference from Mr. Duncan's room in the hospital. That would go a long way towards making people believe them. As long as they live in disinfected bubbles they cannot be trusted to give honest facts to the masses.

Sounds like a logical plan. The problem is that the Duncan case has not been handled logically, IMO. For example the judge who stepped into the apartment with absolutely no protective PPE, transported the family with the same clothes and went to the news conference with those clothes- who then stated such. Logical? Sorry, wish logic would reign. That would be a nice change of pace.
edit on 6/10/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
My local news this morning reported that people have been throwing rocks at the apartment where Duncan stayed. So stupid!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

My local news this morning reported that people have been throwing rocks at the apartment where Duncan stayed. So stupid!

Reminds me of cave people..

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It's also being reported here in Dallas that Duncan is still in critical condition but that the family is now driving in from NC to be with him. His doctors encouraged it so I wonder if he is getting ready to pass away?
edit on 6-10-2014 by texasgirl because: wrong word

edit on 6-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
FYI: The Israeli National News site that reported Duncan's death yesterday has simply changed the headline and story. No retraction, no 'oops we made a mistake.' Simply swiped clean:

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Even cleansed from 'google cache.' (If you aren't familiar with that, google cache is a record of previous versions of a webpage. For them to swipe it clean, without printing a retraction, gives the impression they are playing agenda games.)

If you feel that I may be linking to a page that never mentioned his death, please see this page, which is where I first saw the link to the news article:

www.freerepublic.com...

(Better click before it gets cleansed as well.)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

This what worries me. Ebola is not a some mad killer (still really bad and should be careful of it), it can be controlled and contain to some degree. If we act smart about it, problem is when we have 10 people doing all the right thing we'll have 5 to 6 monkey dragging the smart 10 down with them all while asking why the 10 didn't do anything.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

More Ebola screening possible for United States

Link

This is good if it happens, but the goal should be to contain the virus at the source.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

Link

This is good if it happens, but the goal should be to contain the virus at the source.

Yes, we at ATS have been screaming for this. Sometimes I wonder if they get their ideas here.

Anybody else bothered by this statement (also from your link, Gully)

The Obama administration has said that it won't shut down flights from affected countries, particularly those in West Africa. Fauci reiterated Monday that such a travel ban could end up spreading the epidemic in those countries...

Right, 'cause leaving infected people in those countries would spread it more in those countries, whereas flying them here would help even things out? What???

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

Link

...aaaaand, Bloomberg just posted stupid counter-argument. Hate the title, hate the article, makes no sense to me...
(This is not the AMERICAN argument against travel ban. This is GOVERNMENT/CORPORATE's argument.)

Fighting Ebola: The American Argument Against an African Travel Ban

Controlling illness by quarantine of an entire country or region involves trade-offs. It’s always theoretically possible to avoid risk by completely cutting yourself off from contact, but then you’ll be alone. We take some risk of infection through contact because the benefits of that contact outweigh the risks. Trade is worth one-quarter of U.S. gross domestic product. People want to travel to see family and friends, visit new places, work, or invest. We think all that is worth the price of somewhat increased risks of illness.

source

Tell me please, what benefits come to the us from that region? I have only ever heard that they are poverty-stricken and that the relationship between us is of benefit to them, and not of mutual benefit. I wish them well, make no mistake about that!!! But not at the expense of the health of THIS nation. Again I ask... what ARE these benefits to America that outweigh this tremendous risk of importation of a grisly epidemic???

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
Anybody else bothered by this statement (also from your link, Gully)

The Obama administration has said that it won't shut down flights from affected countries, particularly those in West Africa. Fauci reiterated Monday that such a travel ban could end up spreading the epidemic in those countries...

Right, 'cause leaving infected people in those countries would spread it more in those countries, whereas flying them here would help even things out? What???

Yes, baffling logic.

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join