It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska TV Reporter Quits on Air: ‘[Snip] It, I Quit’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
She'll probably make more money with her other venture than working at the TV station.

The station she worked for was kind of considered the "B-team" or "ghetto" news station here anyway -- so again, no really to surprising."

Yeah, I agree, especially with the ballot issue in the November vote coming up which is more than likely going to pass. I know that station too, I stayed in Anchorage for several months a couple winters back.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm reminded of that scene from the movie "Half Baked" where the guy quits. That scene always cracks me up, because at some point in our working lives we've dreamed of just throwing our hands up and telling our boss/employer how we really feel!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I've done it once and it was really exhilarating until my boss got really emotional, asked me to please stay, and ruined my "high." Then I just felt bad. I still quit on the spot, minus some of my thunder.

But for about 30 seconds it was AWESOME! reply to: TDawgRex

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is good advertising for the legalization of weed. The current laws should be torn up and used as toilet paper by the people that enforce it.

Can anyone give me a damn good reason why its still illegal?

#@*! it, I think it should be legal therefore it is. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

Nice work there sister.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm reminded of that scene from the movie "Half Baked" where the guy quits. That scene always cracks me up, because at some point in our working lives we've dreamed of just throwing our hands up and telling our boss/employer how we really feel!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Added to OP for your pleasure.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Strewth
This is good advertising for the legalization of weed. The current laws should be torn up and used as toilet paper by the people that enforce it.

Alaska will be voting on it in November.

Can anyone give me a damn good reason why its still illegal?

Nope, I surely cannot.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Something tells me she may have screwed herself, I would bet that the Feds will make her life hell.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hahaha!
Yup, that made my morning too!
I don't even bother watching the local news much anymore, it's all kind of a joke, and so obviously spun. That was classic though. She will forever be famous in the state and I hope her business blossoms!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well as usual I disagree with all of you. The woman had a job, a well paying job I bet, and many don't. The disrespectful way of leaving just because she has other income I find repulsive.She embarrassed her boss her coworkers and herself.

If the other venture crashes she will probably have trouble finding another job.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Brilliant lol

Love how she said # it!

Follow your dreams girl haha

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Immediately thought of this:

That reaction though.... Priceless.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Epic. Absolutely epic.

Thank you for the great morning laugh on a Monday.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Something tells me she may have screwed herself, I would bet that the Feds will make her life hell.

If anyone goes after her it would be the FCC. They can fine her up to 10K for using profanity on air.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: thesaneone

If anyone goes after her it would be the FCC. They can fine her up to 10K for using profanity on air.

Isn't the FCC a federal agency?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

This lady rules! Not only does she quit her job in style, going out how I've dreamed about quitting so many times. She is also fighting for the legalization official marijuana! Go Charlo Greene!!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Really a class act! /Sarcasm.

How about making a statement that would be appropriate instead of "F*** it"? You know, something that would make people think. Say something important, she had a chance and blew it.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
Well as usual I disagree with all of you. The woman had a job, a well paying job I bet, and many don't. The disrespectful way of leaving just because she has other income I find repulsive.She embarrassed her boss her coworkers and herself.

If the other venture crashes she will probably have trouble finding another job.

Yes because a job is the most important thing in life and we must cling to it no matter what.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Can they say ‘F**k It, I Quit’ on TV?

You should know how tight public media is... Did you know you can write ‘F**k It, I Quit’ on web-site forums ¿?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

Not only that but last I checked growing MJ is still against fed law and if they want to they can destroy her future.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom

Really a class act! /Sarcasm.

How about making a statement that would be appropriate instead of "F*** it"? You know, something that would make people think. Say something important, she had a chance and blew it.

Seriously?

Do you see the publicity she got from this?

She said EXACTLY what she needed to say in order for this to get the widest possible coverage. If she said something "meaningful" it wouldn't be national news right now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join