It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska TV Reporter Quits on Air: ‘[Snip] It, I Quit’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I watched it lie 3 times LMAO all the way through. The face and on the other reporter was priceless. I am still laughing.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
Well as usual I disagree with all of you. The woman had a job, a well paying job I bet, and many don't. The disrespectful way of leaving just because she has other income I find repulsive.She embarrassed her boss her coworkers and herself.

If the other venture crashes she will probably have trouble finding another job.

So what's the problem? Now someone who wants the job more than she does will fill her shoes. I mean you've NEVER fantasized about telling your boss off if you felt you were financially secure without that job? Because, besides the job I currently have (I enjoy my boss, he fights for and stands up for the people underneath him), I've fantasized doing just that for every other job. And I'd probably do it if I was still working at one of those jobs and won the lottery or something.

Who cares about employment? Being employed isn't the key to happiness in this world. The key to happiness is doing what you enjoy. If this woman felt happier without that job, then good on her. You make it sound like she should just be grateful that she had a job in the first place.
edit on 22-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Auricom

Not only that but last I checked growing MJ is still against fed law and if they want to they can destroy her future.

Where was it said that she grows marijuana? I must have missed that.

She heads-up a club that promotes the legalization of marijuana and provides resources for people with medical marijuana cards.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

a reply to: Auricom

Not only that but last I checked growing MJ is still against fed law and if they want to they can destroy her future.

She heads-up a club that promotes the legalization of marijuana and provides resources for people with medical marijuana cards.

Lol, okay she does this all for free.

I frequent one of these "clubs" and know for a fact that the owners grow most of their own meds.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It doesn't, but her website notes

That being said, THE ALASKA CANNABIS CLUB DOES NOT DISTRIBUTE MARIJUANA... BUT the club does connect medical marijuana cardholders in need to medical marijuana cardholders with green

and

Alaska Cannabis Club is a medical marijuana collective organized to serve patients throughout Alaska. We provide safe access to a wide variety of medication, including dried herbs, medibles and soon, concentrates.

Alaska Cannabis Club is Alaska's only medical cannabis collective. Our management team has extensive experience in medical cannabis provision, grass roots activism, public education, and cannabis law reform efforts.

Alaska Cannabis Club strives to operate a dispensary that is a model of compassion and legal integrity. Alaska Cannabis Club operates in strict compliance with the letter and the spirit of Alaska's medical cannabis laws.

amongst other things.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
We've already established prohibition never works, it just fuels the underworld market which in turn feeds the need for more authority. Prohibition is a self-supporting structure where those involved always make a profit regardless of the suffering it causes.

I commend her for standing up and I wish more Americans would be open about their support for medication. S + F.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Well as usual I disagree with all of you. The woman had a job, a well paying job I bet, and many don't. The disrespectful way of leaving just because she has other income I find repulsive.She embarrassed her boss her coworkers and herself.

If the other venture crashes she will probably have trouble finding another job.

Yes because a job is the most important thing in life and we must cling to it no matter what.

No but there are ways of quitting a job without acting like an irate teenager!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You make it sound like she should just be grateful that she had a job in the first place.

Yes i think all those with good paying jobs and maybe any job should be grateful considering the unemployment rate.

Something wrong with gratitude? I left a job for good reasons but I didn't swear at anyone nor make a scene.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
< slow Cheshire cat grin spreads across face >

I like her already. That's a no BS girl right there, cutting right to the chase (no pun intended) If the job environment really sucked butt, perhaps that surprise exit will be the boot to the rear end to make it better for others. If it was just a matter of being very unhappy in her job and not a bad overall environment, then the best of luck to her in her business.

< hits reply button still chuckling >

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Strewth

Can anyone give me a damn good reason why its still illegal?

I know a few people who heavily used pot and they tell me they feel very strongly against legalization as use will rise.

My son in-law says it caused him to lack motivation and wasted years of his life. He is now a business owner a football coach and many other things that would never have happened while he was stoned all the time.

I have known pot users that could never hold a job and my husbands Family business has hired users that can't work responsibly.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

The same could be said for recovered alcoholics would wasted years of their lives in a drunken stupor, never realizing their full potential and holding down a good job.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

This lady rules! Not only does she quit her job in style

So that is what you all consider style nowadays. How sad.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

This lady rules! Not only does she quit her job in style

So that is what you all consider style nowadays. How sad.

Honestly, it wouldn't have made any difference me if she had instead said "Screw it, I quit." The sentiment is the same, the F word just amplifies her feelings best. JMO.
edit on 9/22/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't agree with how she went about it. It says a lot about her character. I also don't like this half-assed legalization scheme either. Dispensaries will have a monopoly on the market and will inflate prices. I think if a state is gonna make it legal, then do so across the board for all citizens. I don't want to have to rely on some money-hungry idiot like this. I want the right to do it myself and eliminate the greed. Once full legalization happens, the dispensaries won't have a leg to stand on. Then there will be competition and some good brands/makers will come out of it. I don't want yuppie millionaires cornering the market. I want to see some regular Joes start up his/her own company and be successful. But mainly, the right to do it ourselves.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I watched it lie 3 times LMAO all the way through. The face and on the other reporter was priceless. I am still laughing.

Yes she looked stunned, sad and hurt, just maybe she was how hilarious!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
I don't agree with how she went about it. It says a lot about her character. I also don't like this half-assed legalization scheme either. Dispensaries will have a monopoly on the market and will inflate prices. I think if a state is gonna make it legal, then do so across the board for all citizens. I don't want to have to rely on some money-hungry idiot like this. I want the right to do it myself and eliminate the greed. Once full legalization happens, the dispensaries won't have a leg to stand on. Then there will be competition and some good brands/makers will come out of it. I don't want yuppie millionaires cornering the market. I want to see some regular Joes start up his/her own company and be successful. But mainly, the right to do it ourselves.

They are voting on legalization in November.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Honestly, it wouldn't have made any difference me if she had instead said "Screw it, I quit." The sentiment is the same, the F word just amplifies her feelings best. JMO.

Which EVERYONE in the industry knows is a no-no. She could have done this without the profanity. Hell, if I can do it here all day, she can do it for 20 seconds. Yes, I worked in the industry.

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If the job environment really sucked butt

Tasteful....

That is a big IF, maybe she was the problem there.

link   
And correct me if I'm wrong, but, won't the FCC fine her for dropping the F bomb on TV since she is a member of that company?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

You make it sound like she should just be grateful that she had a job in the first place.

Yes i think all those with good paying jobs and maybe any job should be grateful considering the unemployment rate.

No that is wrong. You shouldn't be grateful that some employer far richer than you deemed it ok to give you money for your hard work. The only time you should be grateful to have a job is when it is something you truly enjoy doing. I would never be grateful to a McDonald's for hiring me and would tell them off in a second if a better job came along.

YOUR line of reasoning gives the employer more power. By telling the employee that we should feel grateful (no matter the type of job), it gives them incentive to take advantage of you and your work. There has to be a balance of power and you are ceding all of yours.

Something wrong with gratitude? I left a job for good reasons but I didn't swear at anyone nor make a scene.

It appears you respected your bosses more than this woman did. Good for you I guess. But courtesy and gratitude aren't going to stop me from telling a boss off that doesn't or never did respect me if a better opportunity comes along (and I don't need that job for a future job recommendation). I don't want to make assumptions, but have you not ever had a boss that you disliked immensely? Because if you have, you should be able to relate to what this woman did.
edit on 22-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join