It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska TV Reporter Quits on Air: ‘[Snip] It, I Quit’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BunnyMars
So she went from an advocate to a drug dealing pot grower? All from just that short clip? Or are you jumping to conclusions and vilifying her? a reply to: thesaneone

I'm not vilifying anyone I am saying that she is a moron because of how she went about it.

She violated FCC rules and we all know what happens when we piss off the Feds, she is going to be looking over her shoulder for a while.
edit on 22-9-2014 by thesaneone because: I forgot an f

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
And smokers, and pill poppers, and people who eat carbs, oh and those awful people who still eat sugar etc
Someone somewhere is always judging someone else for something.
a reply to: MystikMushroom

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

not assuming anything.. "like-minded tokers" implies other tokers with her same attitudes, doesn't imply that she tokes. I'm not an English expert but I think that's how it goes.

If I were to say that You were going to get a lot of support from like-minded women, that wouldn't imply that you are a woman. Do you get what I'm sayin?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
She is going to be sorry in a couple years when she realized she is investing in a.... weed, a weed that anyone can grow once it is deregulated. The fact that it was illegal was the only thing that gave it value. The only way that it will retain it's value is if the feds wrap it in so much red tape that it makes it expensive to grow.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

By that logic MacDonald's executives eat.... crap. I somehow doubt that. Outside of a photo op.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You're just a whole bucket of sunshine aren't you?
Debbie Downer!

a reply to: Char-Lee

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Back in the real world grumpy people sit on their high horses and judge from waaaay upon high.
Pun intended.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You're just a whole bucket of sunshine aren't you?
Debbie Downer!

a reply to: Char-Lee

To the contrary I am a very upper type, I simply don't laugh at things that are cruel, wrong, sad, people who are in need, hurt...etc.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Awesome. The other anchor-woman looked lost. Now that is what I think so many news anchors are like. They are like robots who only tout what they're told to. Whenever something goes unscripted, they are lost because they are not supposed to think for themselves. I think that news in general is going down this route. Instead of state-sponsored media present in many oppressive countries, here in the US we have corporate-sponsored TV.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Back in the real world grumpy people sit on their high horses and judge from waaaay upon high.
Pun intended.

You realize you also are making a judgment? You simply decided to see it from her point of view and not her employer or her fellow workers.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This classy act is getting tons of free publicity.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is really blowing up...

Maybe a lot of people feel the same way she does over the legalization issue?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Ya think?
It's the west coast. I lived there for 6 years in the 70's. LONG time coming BUT, please, have some class.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I am going against the stream here as the majority thought she was 'cool' for doing that however, she would have had my respect more if she handled it differently, the poor newsgirl that she left hanging was a real nice touch!
Don't get me wrong, I don't smoke but I don't know why people can drink but not smoke Mary Jane!
I just don't like cheap parting shots that apparently from the other girl's reaction was completely unexpected.
I one time quit a job quite dramatically when I was welding, we were welding custom van seats (2 of us) and a third (who was a friend) was supposed to keep our bins full. The bosses son came in and was in a bad mood and took it out on my friend, I was working hard but he made the mistake of saying "I'm getting sick and tired of you kids!" (I was a lot younger then) I raised my helmet and yelled "HEY (his last name here), are you talking to me too"? He replied screeching "Yes, I'm talking to all of you!" so I lost it, I threw my welding helmet towards him, threw the seat down and said "FXXX YOU!" the other guy did the same thing, when we went over to punch out the owner said to really nobody in particular "Well what did my son do now!"

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That's what this thread turned into no? How everyone sees it fit to pass judgement on people you disagree with? She spoke her mind, how cruel and mean spirited of her to offend your delicate sensibilities, so judge away. a reply to: Char-Lee

edit on 22-9-2014 by BunnyMars because: .

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

That's what this thread turned into no? How everyone sees it fit to pass judgement on people you disagree with? She spoke her mind, how cruel and mean spirited of her to offend your delicate sensibilities, so judge away. a reply to: Char-Lee

I guess if it were only me there would be no problem, this was on the air and affected the station all employees and all viewers.
What you thought the thread was just for back patting on the swearing, rudeness and advocation of drug use? Sorry things can't be more fun for you.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Why not legalize oxycontin? If we want people standing around in a stupor feeling mellow why not? What is the difference? My neighbors both were hooked and they never even looked at their 3 kids all day they sat on the porch doing nothing on welfare.

Dr Oz show had an emergency care Dr on who saved and tried to save but lost many children who got into their Parents eatable pot...legal products...anyone watch that show? The legal products made into candy, sodas and chocolate cookies had the equivalent of over 100 joints, enough to kill even adults were in many products.

Already they showed people in Wa. using welfare money for the pot, it is not cheap. So this is where we want to go.

My brother started pot in Vietnam and died at 42 from drugs, drugs he would never have used if he never started feeling the need to USE anything, to not be capable of living with our whole emotion and not needing to blot them out. I think it is cowardly to need to drug oneself to function.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Why not legalize oxycontin?

Can't be done. It's already legal and ready for purchase at your local pharmacy with a doctors prescription.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel
LOL!!! Awesomeness! GOOD FOR HER!

F/S

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Can't be done. It's already legal and ready for purchase at your local pharmacy with a doctors prescription.

Ugh. Accurate. A kid I love got hooked on the damned things and then went on to heroin. It was heartbreaking. The last two scripts my spouse and I got for the crap was for dental problems - we didn't fill EITHER of them. And the one we DID fill years earlier was after his release from the hospital when he was in critical condition with a collapsed lung, broken rib, and stitches. He took I think TWO of them, and said - "no. just get these away from me". (And from that kid we love!)

That stuff will RUIN people's lives. Talk about a "gateway drug"!

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join