It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska TV Reporter Quits on Air: ‘[Snip] It, I Quit’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
ETA: Truly priceless
Alaska TV Reporter Quits on Air: ‘[Snip] It, I Quit’

Charlo Greene, a reporter at CBS affiliate KTVA in Anchorage quit her job on air last night, telling viewers, “[Snip] it. I quit.”

Greene was reporting on the Alaska Cannabis Club. Following the story, she revealed she is the owner of the medical marijuana business and was going to be leaving TV news so she could devote her time to pushing for marijuana legalization in Alaska.

At the end of the report, she stunned viewers, and the newscast anchor, with this:

hahahaha, not quite the same but reminds me of the movie Network

ETA: MystikMushroom brought up the reminder of Half Baked

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors
edit on 22/9/14 by JustMike because: Snipped, added mod note link.

edit on 9/22/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Well... She definitely won't have to worry about getting another job on tv. NOBODY is going to take that risk.

She left that one woman looking like a guppy out of water... She didn't know what to do.

We've all been there before, haven't we?? How many times have you wanted to say that?? How many times have you actually said it? Yeah... Me either.

edit on 9/22/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Ha ha ha if ya gonna flounce then flounce with style brilliant.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

I imagine this video will go viral on YouTube. Imagine the publicity for KTVA, a channel I didn't even knew existed until now. Now everyone will have heard of KTVA, KTVA will be famous...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the giggle! I found her honesty refreshing...and had to laugh at how the anchor was floored and confused by her co-anchors candor! Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
That was brilliant! LOL!

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

KTVA-TV's response was:

KTVA-TV’s news director later apologized for the incident on the station’s Facebook page, adding that Greene no longer worked at the station.

The funny part was that the director had to clarify that Greene no longer worked there. Well no crap... I think everyone watching the news broadcast could figure that out. lol.

edit on 22-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
That made my morning!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
LOL

Going to bed with a smile on my face. You folks enjoy the daylight over there.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Can they say ‘F**k It, I Quit’ on TV?

She has a potty mouth
edit on 22-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Oh yes! Everyone gather 'round, all of a sudden we're going to make a local "news" affiliate in ALASKA famous! We are all going to tune in and start live streaming the 5 o'clock news since what's happening in Bumblef#ck, AK is so riveting. /sarc tooooooootally implied. a reply to: swanne

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
They can if it is live and they don't give a hoot.
It made my morning as well everyone. Best part, the woman knows she more than likely is going to have a thriving business.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BunnyMars

Well, you did watch an excerpt from their show. It's the video in the OP.

Already 34,485 views on YouTube. Comments are all about her, her colleagues... suddenly everyone in this studio have a moment of pure fame.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
It made my morning as well everyone. Best part, the woman knows she more than likely is going to have a thriving business.

Not likely. Live broadcasts are usually on a 5 - 10 second delay to prevent things like this.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Lol that was too funny
'Eff it, I quit....'

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

Not likely. Live broadcasts are usually on a 5 - 10 second delay to prevent things like this.

Yes, usually, either it was not delayed or someone was sleeping at the controls.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Well it is only a 5 to 10 second delay, maybe they were so surprised by one of their own dropping protocol that they weren't quick enough on the beep button.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This really didn't surprise any of us up here in Alaska that much. People up here generally speak their mind (see Sara Palin *sigh*). It was kind of a shock, however, that she was involved at the level she was with the pro-MJ movement. She'll probably make more money with her other venture than working at the TV station.

The station she worked for was kind of considered the "B-team" or "ghetto" news station here anyway -- so again, no really to surprising."

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
BEST...TV...MOMENT...EVER!!!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

We've all been there before, haven't we?? How many times have you wanted to say that?? How many times have you actually said it? Yeah... Me either.

Ooo! Ooo! I've done it quite a few times in my life. It feels good.

Of course I already had another job lined up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join