It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the DEA now using pit bulls as drug sniffing dogs?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Jrod are you okay?

I am being serious, this is unlike you (as far as commenting on ATS).

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Nice attempt but I am right on this one. Most dog handlers know exactly what I mean when I write a pit bull has a lock jaw type of bite. They also use commands in an uncommon or dead language....

Do you know what an ad hominem is?

You have no clue do you buddy! I am much smarter than you are. If you think that you can pull my chain and get my to release this information from an unsecure location without protecting myself you are foolish. However I am tempted to give you a preview.

I do not want to be forced to release all the information I have collected. I just want to live freely and not have people trying to deceive me into doing something I would normally not do. Please do not underestimate me. Do you think I would actually release that information when there is a high probability that they have a good idea of where my location is?

Please do not try play games here and claim I am bluffing because I refuse to release that information ASAP. I will not fall for such an obvious trap. I also would not release that on ATS. There is also a conflict because it would be unethical to blindly release the names of CIs because many have truly become slaves to the DEA and only do what they do to keep themselves out of prison.

This is exactly what the DEA does to get informants. Someone like me who has been arrested and burned by the legal system knows better, someone who still believe the legal system and police are on the citizen's side are the ones they get. When they pick up someone with no clue how the legal system works, that is when they can pull the higher moral card, even break someone into thinking they have an incurable disease(addiction) by sending them to prison style re-hab.

I can protect myself. As I said before, this all started when some DEA cowboys tried to set up a naive friend of mine. Sleeping with someone for intel purposes is NOT field work and NOT an acceptable way of setting someone up for entrapment based on perceived morals and an extremely corrupt War on Drugs and Liberty!

edit on 20-9-2014 by jrod because:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

No, I am not okay.

I have encountered some sick twisted DEA agents who like to entrap people. It is sick what they do.

I collected a bit of information on some of them and their informants to protect myself. It is not good. The US has become a nation of spies.

I do not know what to do. I tried to do the 'right' thing but this is serious. The American people deserve to know how the War on Drugs is being 'fought' on our homeland.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

So you met some sick people. Take it out on dogs? Good thinking! You sure are smarter than I am! Woooowwwwweeeee! What was I thinking. Of course all the research is wrong. Of COURSE National Geographic is a shady source.

/popcorn.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Why must you do this?

A good friend of mine and now myself have had our privacy breached. Most women who work in the service industry have contacts to the kind of people the DEA likes to hunt. This is common knowledge.

I really wish we lived in an honest world but we do not. When a CI with a twisted handler befriends and parties with someone for over a year, there is a great deal of trust that is built. It is heartbreaking but this is exactly what the DEA does for 'intel'.

I lived on a boat pretty much off the grid for about 3 years just because I could and really felt burned by the legal system and the Navy. After the past couple of months, I just want to hop on a boat and sail away from the US. I do not even enjoy drinking anymore, drugs are not my vice.

I suppose I did what I did because I did not want to see someone with a squeaky clean record be pulled through the legal/rehab system. That alone can break someone.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Ok, can you help me understand what it is you are trying to say? If you look at my posting history, you may notice I am normally a fragile earth poster. I am having a hard time following you. I haven't even seen the Bourne series....

I understand you have a friend (that is a woman) who befriended an undercover agent. This agent (I think) impregnated your friend, then used the child as collateral damage. Am I mistaken so far?

Where I am lost is when it comes to the CI's. Is that you? I think I figured out that you are perhaps being watched and that you are in hiding.

But, what does this have to do with pit bulls? Still confused in that area.

I am not asking for names or details. Don't put yourself in harms way for my sake. I just want to understand and possibly help if need be.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

Some DEA cowboys befriended my friend sometime ago. They hosted parties where they indulge and she even dated one of them. This is why she trusted them. I was suspicious of both of these guys because I am good at asking the right questions or saying the right thing to get information and somehow have managed to become a pretty darn good human lie detector.

She did not get knocked up by an undercover, just had a fling. As a result of this incident I have done a bit of research on the DEA and their tactics and it is not uncommon for an undercover to impregnate a CI or someone he is trying to investigate.

What scares me is I have uncovered a huge web of CIs just in my local area. The DEA gathers intel(often very scanty at best) based on their CIs and use that to target people.

To them it is a game. To me and my friend, it is our lives, our freedom they are trying to destroy.
edit on 20-9-2014 by jrod because: a

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The handler brought a drug sniffing pit bull to a birthday party to sniff around, and was visibly upset when the dog did not pick up on anything. I picked up on this instantly and that led me into really digging into these guys backgrounds. The safe house/condo I mentioned is something I stumbled upon that caught my attention. It was not until the past week or so that I was able to connect the dots.

I actually was not aware the DEA was using Pit Bulls, so I thought I'd share that information.

As far as I know, these guys are not aware their cover is blown. I'd prefer to keep it that way and pretend that none of this happened. I am now somewhat aware of how far the spying goes in the War on Drugs. Certainly not convenient information and most simply refuse to see it.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You are right that it is "us against them" in law enforcement. This has nothing to do with actual dog behaviour or inclinations.

Just bad cops and government agents. You're right that maybe there is an element to using a dog that has been hyped as being aggressive- but that's just it. Hype. It's the people that you need to be wary of, and if the dog (ANY dog) is trained by such a person, yes, watch that dog- be wary. It's not the dog though. It's the person teaching the dog these horrible things. Even those dogs who've learnt horrible things, can forget them, go on to be loving family members...case in point- the majority of MJ. Vicks' dogs were placed in homes- safely.

I could teach that smiling sunshine girl whose picture I posted to be an utter shi.thead. Of course, I won't, though. I teach her love. I receive love in return, a thousandfold.
edit on 16u0104pmb14America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

THANK YOU!

Now I am following a bit better.

I am sorry for your friend in that her confidence and trust was broken. What a horrible thing to find out about a person that you thought you trusted.

As far as dogs go though, any well trained animal (any animal for that matter), can be dangerous. I think you are just trying to inform the public, to the best of your ability, that pit bulls are being used. Honestly though, I would be just as terrified of a German Shepherd, hound, or any other dog that has been trained through a specialized program. They all have sharp teeth and are eager to please their master.

I wish you well Jrod. Unfortunately I don't have any answers for you. My best advice could only be to get yourself out of the situation that puts you in danger.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I didn't say your dog would bite me. You asked if I was scared. I said I was. I meant pit bulls in general. How do I know what your dogs are like unless I meet them? Please don't take it personally, I'm sure your dogs are lovely. I'm not used to being around dogs and that is most likely the cause of my fear. I used to be scared of cats as well, until I took in a stray, fell in love and ended up with more cats. I currently have two cats. They don't do chores but fill my heart with joy, just the same. They are good natured cats, don't scratch, hiss or bite, some cats do, just as some dogs do this also. One cat uses the toilet. I didn't train him, just told him he could as a joke and he did. They listen to me.

It depends on the owners. If you are mean to pets, they will become mean. If you show them love, they learn this. Would you agree?

Lots of people are scared of big dogs. We feel intimidated by their size. That's what was meant and yes it might be silly. Did you read my other post how I said I intruded in a neighbours yard being guarded by a pit bull and I had no fear?

edit on 21-9-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

That is good advice but I think there is a fight to be had. They made it personal against me, so I feel like I am obligated to expose them for who they are and their unethical tactics for gaining intel and making a bust.

We, the majority of the people in the USA do NOT support the War on Drugs and the DEA behaving like a bunch of rogue frat brothers.

Unfortunately most Americans are scared of their own shadow and just back down and comply when faced with an abusive Law Enforcement Branch that our government has obviously created. I did not pick this fight, but I will not let them bully, trick, or set up my friends.

This past week they had their take down Army in place because they thought my friend would take the bait. Fortunately I was there to give her a warning and force a change in plans. Since these guys do not like to lose, they tried to bait her by asking for some paraphernalia that the undercover DEA let her 'borrow' months ago. They go way too far to set someone up, especially someone with a squeaky clean record that is naive to the dirty ways of the Law Enforcement entrapment 'game.'

I take note when someone doing 'lawn care' keeps mowing/weed wacking cut grass. This is just one of many ways they spy on someone. One of their favorites is posing as a utility/cable worker because they are often given all the access they need without a warrant to get a close look at a person's residence.

I am a lot smarter than most give me credit for. While in this case they were using a girlfriend of mine for a connection and I thwarted it. I was face to face with at least 3 undercover DEA officers and countless CIs that were attempting to deceive us(didn't work on me, my friend still can not believe that some of her so called friends are informants) . I am not sure how much of a background check they do someone, but they seemed to write me off as a hopeless drunk/addict which served me well.

No one would suspect someone who fit's the Spicoli profile to be as aware as I am. This serves me well at the poker tables(if no one at the tables knows me) and has prevented an innocent person from being setup by the DEA.

As I said before drugs are not my vice, and despite what the Navy says about me, I am not an alcoholic.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I think this is why support for LEO is on the decline in the US. While most police, especially the local guys are good people who want to serve, protect, and truly make a difference there are a few that apparently do not care about ethics and have no morals.

Too many innocent people have been burned by Law Enforcement in the US. It seems like we are quickly heading towards that critical point where the majority will NOT support and trust even the local police.

I do not know what a good solution is here but I do believe we need a change of tactics, especially in this bogus War on Drugs.

Right now there is a lot of support for dismantling the DEA, that support will only grow in the future.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Serious question.

I really do not want to have to show pictures to verify this.

Seriously you come to ATS with this?

Why do Cops use dogs as drug sniffers?

Or are you asking why they specifically using Pit Bulls?

If so Pit bulls are Dogs, Dogs are used as drug sniffers because their noses are like a 1000 times more sensitive to detecting substances like Drugs or explosives.

Basically because Pit bulls are dogs and so far dogs have been best way detection.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I already knew the answer....It was kind of rhetorical.

The reason why the DEA and other NARCs love to use pit bulls is because of their attacking ability. It also helps they are extremely smart, loyal and the average person would never suspect a Pit Bull of being a sniffer.

I have compiled a list and some pictures(with the help of some friends) of many undercover DEA agents and a plethora of CIs as insurance for myself in case things go bad. Obviously I am not stupid enough to reveal how we were able to obtain such info and the location is well protected under lock and key.

I love animals and despite what some of you are trying to imply, this thread was not an attack on Pit Bulls. It is an attack on the unethical style of Law Enforcement the DEA engages in.
edit on 21-9-2014 by jrod because: I did not pick this battle

edit on 21-9-2014 by jrod because: hint....Overland!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

this thread was not an attack on Pit Bulls.

I couldn't get any idea if it was or not from your OP.

Sorry I should have read the thread before replying, just tired I guess, read the headline and then your OP so I thought it was going to be another Pit Bull bashing thread filled with ignorance that hurts when I read it.

However, you could have gone a bit more in depth with your OP and maybe people wouldn't assume, yes its wise to read all posts before posting but in this case I didn't, sorry.

It is an attack on the unethical style of Law Enforcement the DEA engages in.

Well yes it is unethical, for so long Pit bulls have had a bad name because idiotic owners and now it seems the police/DEA want create little terminators as well.

I have compiled a list and some pictures(with the help of some friends) of many undercover DEA agents and a plethora of CIs as insurance for myself in case things go bad.

did you just out yourself as a drug dealer?

Not sure what else you are saying with this quotes above.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

The reason why the DEA and other NARCs love to use pit bulls is because of their attacking ability.

There are many breeds, including the 'standard' GSD that are far, far superior for 'attacking ability.' In fact, the several breeds that make up what people call 'pit bulls' have lack of HA (human aggression) as a breed trait. Of course, that will only stand true for proper breeding practices and it doesn't refer to anything other than averages.

If they are using the different breeds of 'pit bulls' (you know its not an actual breed, right?) for any specific reason, it is likely to fit in with the area to better carry out undercover work. They make awful 'attack dogs.' Many breeds have a more damaging bite, are faster, more territorial, and more protective.

I wouldnt be surprised if the authorities are unethical though.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I am NOT a drug dealer. DO NOT PULL A STUNT LIKE THAT. This kind of questioning can cause someone who is unaware to give a false confession as the officers who use these kind of questions are well practiced in the art of asking TRICK QUESTIONS to get a 'confession'.

The DEA's tactics are unethical and I choose to take a stand!

I have to remain somewhat anonymous because these guys joke about killing other human beings pets, sending their dogs in attack mode on their prey, and even joking about killing unarmed people and the excuses they made for killing an unarmed person.

This is extremely dangerous for me. The undercover whose service to dog was to help him with PSTD, a pit bull behaved scared.

It does not take a rocket scientist to know that a scared dog is a dangerous dog!

The intent of my title was to grab a readers attention and make them aware the DEA is using Pit Bulls as drug sniffing dogs. I once crashed on the couch with a 100lb Pit Bull(mix) and have been extremely close with very large Bull Mastiffs. I love animals and have picked up a thing or two about their body language.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The intent of my title was to grab a readers attention and make them aware the DEA is using Pit Bulls as drug sniffing dogs.

Why does it matter what type of breed is being used?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join