It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the DEA now using pit bulls as drug sniffing dogs?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

Do not rattle my cage here and pretend I am an ignorant. It will not work and there are consequences to playing 'that game'. This dog has teeth to.

The DEA needs to know that the identity of many of their deep undercovers and CIs has been greatly compromised. The release of this information can have grave consequences. As I said, I prefer to be left alone and not called ignorant because you do not like the information I hold. I have come across many keys to many secrets....

Again, I ask that you do not try to pull the wool over our eyes. While Pit Bulls do have a bad reputation, they are smart and extremely loyal. They also have a wicked bite.

I know what I am talking about when I say a lock jaw type of bite.
edit on 20-9-2014 by jrod because: Let's play nice!

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Nope. You don't. Carry on denying ignorance.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Never did I call you ignorant. If you are going to continue to claim to know what you are talking about, I need you to present it in a way that doesn't require me reading your mind.

I am not pulling wool over anyone's eyes. I presented information that states dogs have powerful if not deadly bites.

You ask me to leave you alone, yet come to a public forum claiming to already "know", yet asking questions. Can you clearly lay out where you want this thread to go. I think I might be misunderstanding your thoughts here.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Do understand the consequences if I am NOT bluffing on this one?

Safehouses/Condos for deep undercover agents are real. The entrapment games goes so far that deep undercovers often have children with CI's they are handling. They often use CI's as monitors and are great at appealing to one's emotions. I do sympathize with many CI's because they use their children as chess pieces and will threaten a CI with long prison time where they won't be able to see their kids as an incentive to inform and stab the back of someone they are pretending to be friends with.

I have played enough poker to know never to reveal my hand unless I have to. I rather not have to show my hand here. I just want to be left alone and not called things I am not.

I have gotten a glimpse of the spy games the DEA and NSA play. Their parallel reconstruction intel often takes years of undercover work(phoney friendships).

www.reuters.com...

Do you really want to find out if I am bluffing?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You may not have, but I did. I do wish I could be nicer about these things, but it makes me so angry when people clutch at untruths for dear life rather than be wrong. Such pride.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Will you kindly link pit bulls with this post. I am getting very confused about what this thread can now consider off topic....

This is why I entered this thread. To answer why a pit bull would be used as a service dog.
edit on 20-9-2014 by Doodle19815 because: To add picture

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I started this thread to make others aware of the tactics the DEA is using.

I do NOT protest it being moved to the chit chat.

Anyone familiar with Pit Bulls know exactly what I mean when I write lock jaw style of bite.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Service dogs tend to be specialized. They don't train them for everything a service dog could possibly perform. Meaning, sniffers do not tend to be trained in protection/schutzhund. Most any canine could be trained in scent ID and thrive.

Staffies/APBT are not very good for protection work, the GSD/Malinois (among some others) is a far superior choice. GSD is more common in some circles because they tend to have less.. 'energy.'

Breeds of all kinds are used in scent identification and tracking. A major exception would be brachycephalic breeds,for obvious reasons.

ETA: There are plenty of breeds with a stronger bite than whatever breed people are referring to with the term of 'pit bull.'
edit on 20-9-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Having been to school for and working in the vet field, I assure you I am quite familiar with pit bulls. I can only assume you are speaking of the ability for a canine to grab ahold of something, and aggressively hang on while thrashing or beating occurs. Here is the fault in this though, any canine can be trained to do this.

Take for instance the grumpy chihuahua posted earlier. That little midget, (no offense to the owner) could very well get a grip and not let go until drop kicked into the next room. (I love all animals and would never do this though!) It is a training technique that service dogs are trained. The K-9's go through a very rigorous training that teaches this very thing. Apprehend and don't let go until the order to release is given. Hang on until shot dead or released. They can "lock" their jaws just as well as any dog out there when trained.

I hate any weapon being used whether gun, taser, dog, or billy club but, they serve a purpose.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Ha, thank you for your post! Beginning to think I was losing my mind there for a second.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
Ha, thank you for your post! Beginning to think I was losing my mind there for a second.

Your mind is quite intact.

My friend does schutzhund training for the NJ state police and NYC police and I have seen the Shepherds he uses latch on and not release until commanded. To claim this is a Pitbull only trait is comical.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I think its good to keep in mind that if you have actually worked with dogs professionally, you have seen a completely different world than most. It is a world that is not considered valid evidence for many. You have to deal with everyone from those that outright hate life to those who feel leashes are slavery, with both thinking you are coming from the extreme opposite.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Agreed!

I think however, this topic isn't about dogs. I think OP is using it as a gateway. Just not sure where he is going with it...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I've seen a pit bull grab on to a car's moving tire and go around in circles several times before being flung off, then walk around like nothing happen.

This is what I mean by lock jaw. Currently I am within a stone's throw of one such nest that I mentioned. I do not appreciate being monitored!

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

But, monitored by whom, the canines?

ETA - I've seen dogs do several things. Like jump out of a moving vehicle, fall into a pool, eat their own poop...etc.

Thank you for clearing up "lock jaw" in your opinion. However in my opinion, any dog could do that. The real question is why do they do it?
edit on 20-9-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Unless you are a FED or in the know, then you probably do not know what a monitor is. They do exist, serious real life American CI spies who are tasked with monitoring someone's possible illegal activities, often under the threat of long prison time and not being able to see his/her children. They will often take years to build a case against someone under the guise of friendship and trust.

The handlers I have encountered have proven to me they do not care about ethics, privacy and clearly have NO moral backbone.

Please do not deny that Pit Bulls are an excellent attack dog that have an extremely tough head.

edit on 20-9-2014 by jrod because:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I'm gonna have to back away with my tail between my legs from this thread. I just can't figure out where you are coming from. Do you, or do you not want to know why the DEA are using pit bull?

I never denied that the bullies can be used as an aggressive dog. Yes, they can be deadly. Yes they can be hard headed. But, let a bull mastiff lock onto your rear end and then compare what the difference could be in bites and hard headedness.

All I am trying to say is this, I came to answer the title of this thread. Pit Bulls seem a likely candidate as any for a "sniffer" dog. They are hard working, loyal, and smart. If you want anymore facts about that, I am here for discussion. We have now sidetracked to CI's, children, and you being monitored for potentially illegal activity.

When and if I can figure out where this is going, I may jump back in. As for anyone else, please don't hate the breed for humans misuse of them.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
We have now sidetracked to CI's, children, and you being monitored for potentially illegal activity.

I have never denied that Pit Bulls are smart and loyal. In my opinion much smarter than a Bull Mastif and a longer life expectancy. My point of this thread was to make the public aware of this tactic, and since some of you like to throw the BS card I decided to go ahead and reveal a little more info.

Not me, a naive and overly trusting friend of mine was walking into a DEA trap. She trusted others way too much and was caught off guard that someone she has had a fling with is actually an undercover DEA agent doing 'field work.' In this game there are much more dangerous entities than the DEA and CIs are looked at as disposable. The really do not care if one or many of their CI's gets knocked off by a cartel member, as long as they get some intel out of them. This is something most CIs do not realize. They are often very obedient to their handlers because of the threat of prison and not being able to see their kids.

Because this is a friend of mine and I have been apparently cursed with being able to see way too much, I could not let her go down. Since they have obviously been keeping tabs on me, I have the urge to vent. Being watched is not a good feeling. We truly have become a nation that spies on each other as a result of this dirty and extremely unethical "War on Drugs."
edit on 20-9-2014 by jrod because: NOT

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The OP'er has threatened me in an U2U saying that if I continue to "pull the wool over your eyes"

I do not want to do this......

I have a lot of information I have uncovered about the DEA, their CIs, and even some of their safe houses/condos.

I prefer that you do NOT try to pull the wool over our eyes on this one.

It is common knowledge that pit bulls have a lock jaw type of bite and a excellent attack dogs.

If you want to continue to try to make me look ignorant i will release than information. (NOT on ATS!)

Understand?

www.businessinsider.com...
www.petfinder.com...
knowledgenuts.com...

No dog...none at all have locking jaws. Not a single one any where on the planet.

www.buzzfeed.com...

Ok...I've responded to your threat, your turn!

edit on 140000004002pmb14America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

This is ridiculous! I still have no idea where the Jrod is going with this! I am sorry you have been threatened, though I doubt you are worried about it. Even in the threat to "release information", I still don't know what information he is threatening!

Arggggg.... Why open a thread if you aren't willing to talk about what you opened the thread about?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join