It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the DEA now using pit bulls as drug sniffing dogs?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
What kind of breed is this dog?

A mutt:

The term Pit Bull is often used as a generic term used to describe dogs with similar physical characteristics. A "Pit Bull" is one of several breeds including the American Pit Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, American Bully, American Bulldog, Dogo Argentino, Presa Canario, Cane Corso, or any mix thereof. Any dog that is mixed with a "Bull breed" may also be called a "Pit Bull" including those that are descended from the English Bulldog, French Bulldog, and Boston Terrier.

The genetic similarity of Bull breed dogs may make it difficult for experts to visually identify them, and while mixed breed dogs are often labeled a "pit bull" if they have certain physical characteristics such as a square shaped head or bulky body type, visual identification of mixed breed dogs is not recommended by the scholarly community. Source

edit on 6-10-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You just won't quit. Your ad hominem logic fallacy will not work here. It is your credibility that is going down hill in this thread.

Every person in the US knows what a pit bull/pit bull mix is. To try to discount I wrote because they are not a 'recognized breed' is absolute rubbish.

A Pit Bull is a recognized breed of dog to the common person. Only a fool or someone trying to pull the wool over our eyes will try to argue against this reality.
edit on 6-10-2014 by jrod because: PS, Wiki is not a valid source for credible information

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I started this thread to make others aware of the dirty tactics the US/DEA is using on it's citizens. Keep calling me paranoid and a drug addict and I will start blowing people cover's nationwide. (not on ATS)

Understand?

Why do you keep shooting yourself in the foot?

Are you a drug addict?

Yes/no, who cares, I do care actually and I hope you are not but why bring it up?

You brought it up as I have never called you a addict, doing so wouldn't be insult but a concern if I did, get it.

AT the end I would be shocked if ATSers weren't already aware of the tactics you want enlighten us with, entrapment is conspiracy, just termed as such because the authorities conspiring are doing so in the best interest of the public which you and I know isn't the case.

Florida has a booming prison/slave industry and this is one of the major reasons.

Yes, you are talking money, much money involved in the prisons and much money involved in numbers being prosecuted for drug offences.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You just won't quit. Your ad hominem logic fallacy will not work here. It is your credibility that is going down hill in this thread.

You need to look up the definition of ad hominem as you do not seem to understand what it means. And you really do not need to be concerned about my 'credibility' as I frankly do not care what people on an anonymous debate forum think about me.

Every person in the US knows what a pit bull/pit bull mix is. To try to discount I wrote because they are not a 'recognized breed' is absolute rubbish.

What you wrote is discounted because you are not stating facts. The dog you are referring to as a Pit Bull has no special genetic traits that make it a better police service dog than Shepherds, Rottweilers or Dobermans. As a matter of fact all of those REAL breeds are much better service dogs than the Pit Bull non-breed.

A Pit Bull is a recognized breed of dog to the common person. Only a fool or someone trying to pull the wool over our eyes will try to argue against this reality.

What they are to the 'common person' is irrelevant, the people's opinions that matter in breeding, training and doctoring canines do not recognize this as a breed because the genetics are so muddled it could be any number of breeds mixed into the animal.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

That's not really what's happening..

Its actually a very pertinent point in pointing out the lack of education on the topic, and there can be vast differences between the breeds that fall under the 'Pit Bull' umbrella.

First, wiki can be an extremely reliable source. In this case, it is. That is coming from someone with extensive experience with canines, and I am agreeing with most of what wiki says on the topic. We are actually trying to pull the media-controlled wool from your eyes, not put it there.

As to bully breeds being service dogs, they were actually quite common (along with large Molossers) up until the Pentagon put out BSL on military bases (which also impacted Rotties, Dobies, etc.).

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Trying to pull the wool over our eyes is not going to work on this thread.

Everybody in the US knows what kind of dog a pit bull is, because it is a 'non-breed' in your words is absolute BS and appears you are trying the ad hominem style of attack in an attempt to discredit what I write.

Pit Bulls are fierce attack dogs. This is a fact. I have witnesses a pit bull bite a moving car tire, spin around a few times before being flung off and then still wanted to chase the car. This is something MOST other breeds of dog are NOT capable of doing.

The cold hard fact is the DEA loves to use Pit Bulls largely because of their attacking ability. To try to ignore this fact is trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

No the point is its not a surprise Cops would use Pitties.

It might have been a shock to you because you seem to be ignorant about what, how and why about dogs but as others have pointed out its no surprise.

If that was the reason for using them then your reasons are getting weaker and weaker.

You should have stuck to an ignorant society not suspect DEA of using Pitties as that has more going for it even if ATSers showed that idea to be wrong, ATS is a very small part of society, so even if ATSers didn't find it strange or shocking probably most of society would because most of society has an ignorant view of Pitties.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

A Pit Bull is a recognized breed of dog to the common person.

Common people are also ignorant of many things just like uncommon people might be

This thread is great example.

Only a fool or someone trying to pull the wool over our eyes will try to argue against this reality.

Or better yet an intelligent person will attempt to correct what is incorrect when they hear or read it.

Every person in the US knows what a pit bull/pit bull mix is.

Bingo,

Its not every but a large number might be in the same position as you, do you know why?

Its fear.

No they don't know what a pit bull is, fear does a great job at stopping critical thinking.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

You are right. The enlighten folks on ATS were likely well aware of these tactics. However this thread now will pop up on google so anyone doing a little research on the DEA and drug sniffing dogs can easily find this thread.

I do find it funny how the same 3 keep responding over and over again. What I write is what I have observed and I am not a perfect all seeing observer. However what I have seen with how the War on Drugs is being 'fought' on US soil is heartbreaking.

As a result largely to the War on Drugs the US has become a nation that spies on one another, who are conditioned to fear their neighbor because they may be a drug dealer, meth head, terrorist bogey man.

Any of us who choose to live a different kind of life are heavily investigated. Apparently they have been trying to keep tabs on me for years because I make very little money and have been living on sailboat rent free for the better part of 3 years, however I do not do anything worth watching. Me being somewhat aware saw a friend was being set up by some DEA undercovers and some CIs(confidential informants) and could not let her go down. That is what prompted this thread.

My suspicions were confirmed when one of the guys brought a drug sniffing pit bull to her birthday bbq, and the next day his 'friend' was trying to hit her up for felony quantities of coc aine......They had her fooled thinking they were Army heroes and like to party and have a good time. They never had me fooled.

One more thing, they have these over sized handheld vaporizers that they love to use that are actually a surveillance device. I've seen two different styles and both are actually functional vapes. Just another way they spy on us. If you know what you are looking for then you can spot the Narcs at bar/club.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I do find it funny how the same 3 keep responding over and over again.

I can only speak/post for myself,

I keep responding because of comments like this quoted above in replies to me, its polite to reply, it creates discussion and puts more into your thread.

The comment above is insinuating what exactly?

Why do you find it funny that posters are replying when you direct posts towards them or are replying in an ongoing discussion?

Look its great you feel you have gotten the word out and now yes if some one searches DEA and or Pitt Bulls in the US on Google your thread might show up in the search.

I think you should be proud that your OP consisted of 15 words spread across 2 lines and your thread has gone to 7 pages, it has to be some sort first or a record.

As a result largely to the War on Drugs the US has become a nation that spies on one another, who are conditioned to fear their neighbor because they may be a drug dealer, meth head, terrorist bogey man.

Have to fully agree and say its not just the US,

much of society in larger population areas is like this the world over.

Yes its heartbreaking how society is tuning against each other and how authorities use fear against us to make us turn on ourselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join