It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militia Threatens to Block Traffic at International Bridges

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't see the point of bringing their guns...
By all means peacefully protest but do you need your guns to do that?
What could you possibly need your guns for in this situation? To stop the authorities from preventing you blocking a street?
The bringing the guns part of this is ridiculous

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It is not so ridiculous givin that they are taking on the cartel and the us authorities. I would not call it a protest as much as i would call it a stand.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Really taking on the cartels at the port of entry?!
And they are not 'taking on' anyone, they are protesting. You do not need weapons to peacefully protest.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You kinda do when the typical government response is to abuse and arrest protestors when they can get away with it.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

And the cops don't need weapons when they show up at real peaceful protests. Not media-created firestorms like Ferguson.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80 That is why it is not really a protest and why i called it a stand. Yes they are taking on the two groups i mentioned and if they manage to keep it up for very long then the groups will feel an impact and then have cause for stepping things up a notch. A protest would be holding signs while trafic goes by. That is not what seems to be planned. They are setting themselves up to get into the pocket book of the cartel and will find that many everyday citizens will fell the effects also if the block last very long.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I watched those protest live and they were peaceful until the police showed up with the swat teams and started tear gassing and shooting folk with rubber bullets. Go read the threads if you really want to see how they went down. Plenty of people on this site watched it all go down.
And i completely agree the cops shouldn't need weapons if the other side doesn't have any either but that won't be the case here now will it?

I guess i just don't get why one group of protesters can't have weapons, Ferguson, and this group can have weapons...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
You kinda do when the typical government response is to abuse and arrest protestors when they can get away with it.

So they are just standing up for their right not to have there freedoms taken away?
Isn't that why people were asking where this type of group was during the Ferguson ordeal?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

So you dont think they should be arrested for exercising their right to protest, but you hope they do because the other people did...so 2 wrongs now make a right?? Never waver on your view, even if it means it now supports a group you dont agree with some of their opinions...it will come back around to bite ya

People need to stop harping on the minor parts of this article and start to consider the real message and statement that its suppose to represent. We are tired of our country being overrun and pillaged, if those that are suppose to handle this wont stop it, we the people will.

edit on 12-9-2014 by Wiz4769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wiz4769

I did say I don't think they should as it is their right but yes I guess I am still presenting it as 2 wrongs making a right, you are correct in that point.

But I guess I just have a hard time believing that the very same people that called for and supported the arrest of the people of ferguson would not only support this but partake in it. That is more what my post was about.
So in that point, I want those that call for the stripping of rights to have their rights stripped.

And if these people really want to send a message why are they at the place where probably the smallest percentage of what they are 'taking a stand against' happens? The port of entry is where legal crossing of the border happens, why are they doing this there?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I would assume they are exercising their rights, yes.
I don't know why people asked that, could have been a rhetorical race bait jab, could have been an honest question.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I think that these protesters should be afforded all the rights, and hospitality extended to the Occupy movement.
You know, the kettling, the pepper spraying, illegally being moved on from their rally points, arrested for 'failure to comply,' and of course, any weapons charges that might apply. Unprovoked baton charges? Mass arrests for blocking a bridge?

This will certainly avoid any double standards.

Good luck to the protesters. Hopefully they won't run afoul like the 99% did.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: buster2010

So now the Americans that want to secure the border are the potential bad guys?

If they take the law into their own hands then they are the bad guys. You cannot just let vigilantes do whatever they want because you never know where it will stop.

They see themselves as patriotic citizens.

Govt. Calls them Domestic terrorist vigilantes.

Hmmmm...Who to believe?

Peace

Kind of like the green mountain boys prior to the revolution. They were attacking the French the Brittish and who ever else they could find who did not hold to their way of thinking.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1

Again people think its wrong the way some groups are handled when protesting, yet say, well they better treat these guys the same...I dont get it.

But anyways, this is Texas, and they have AR15s, so no they will not be done that way. Sorta like when people do shootings in gun free zones, they are not going to go to place where 9 of 10 are packing...so the feds will play nice, hopefully the protesters do as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I can only hope that when these idiots try and block people from crossing these bridges that gun packing Amercians will do what they need to do to keep thier freedom to travel alive. Why is it miltias are always a collection of complete morons? And why do we call them militias when they are really just a few nutters, drunks and military wannabes who get drunk, yell stuff and then claim they are doing something important?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I get what you are saying, but I was being somewhat facetious. Protests should be allowed, but you can't say, "Ours will be different because we have big guns!" without inviting the authorities to escalate it further.

If the protesters go in armed, supposedly to 'show 'em how it's done' - then the government personnel should be allowed to walk to a safe perimeter and leave then protesters to it: whatever that is. If it's an armed cartel, so be it. Please leave your details at the gate with regards to funerary arrangements.

I'm getting tired of the rhetoric from the right wing gun crowd. Either rise up and overthrow the great oppressors (sigh), or work to repair the system in a democratic way.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I guess i just don't get why one group of protesters can't have weapons, Ferguson, and this group can have weapons...

It is because of race. Simple fact is that the majority of black men that would show up with guns have a criminal record that will not allow them to protest legally with guns. yes there are laws in place that make sure one gets a criminal record.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So your one to assume that all black people have a criminal record, good to know.
They were met with the force they were met, according to the police, cause of the reports of people with firearms.
We should expect the same with this 'stand'

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80 So you are one to assume that i just make stuff up out of thin air. So quick you are to attack someones character. I will leave it up to you to find out the percentage of black males that have records and the trend of harassing black men for no reason. Too quick to judgment.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Black "ghetto trash" aren't harassed or incarcerated that much worse than white "trailer trash", or us poor "native trash" etc. If you look "too poor" to be driving a BMW, you will be stopped as if you stole it, regardless of race, for example. I speak from experience.

Lots of rugged white bikers on harleys get treated as if they are hells angels for looking the part and not kissing cop ass like a yuppy would. Bottom line is, if you don't bleat like a sheep, regardless of color, cops will harass you. Same with light colored skin dressing and speaking like a gang banger. Black people are not special in that regard.

edit on Fri, 12 Sep 2014 18:32:49 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join