It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militia Threatens to Block Traffic at International Bridges

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I didn't say anything you didn't. You said they can't have weapons cause they most likely have records and wouldn't be allowed to have them. So you assumed that since they are black, they can't have a gun.
I am sure you have some 'facts' to back your claim. I've seen o Reily spew them.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Wiz4769
They have no legal right to block a port of entry.

Travel within and across state lines is constitutionally protected.

For a group of people demanding Federal law be enforced they sure as hell are stupid when it comes to other parts of the constitution.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Again your looking at the wrong part of this, getting in an uproar because the term block traffic as used, yet the point that illegals do NOT have the constitutional right to cross our borders does not bother you one bit. Way to pick your battles there.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wiz4769
Again your looking at the wrong part of this, getting in an uproar because the term block traffic as used, yet the point that illegals do NOT have the constitutional right to cross our borders does not bother you one bit. Way to pick your battles there.

For starters im not sure how you got uproar out of my post.
Secondly I firmly believe in lawful immigration.
Third our government should be doing its job by enforcing our immigration / criminal laws.

Finally, how can we make the argument about them breaking the law by coming here when we break the law to prevent it?

Should State / Local law enforcement be able to enforce federal laws? absolutely.
Should border states be able to deploy their guard units to reinforce the border? absolutely.

Here is the flaw in their position to block ports of entries. When our system is broken it does no good to try and prevent people from cming across the border. We must fix our system in this area and go from there. Even these citizens groups are going to find an ever present revolving door with no end in site.

its kind of pointless, and impossible, to block a border crossing when the end result is sharing a cell with the illegals who are in custody.

Maybe, if we focused our outrage at the US government and actually voted, we could fix things.

Please dont put words in my mouth. I was pointing out a flaw in their plan.
edit on 13-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80 You are crazy if you do not see the deck is stacked against a young black male and that the majority of them that have the spirit to get out and demonstrate carring guns has been severly blocked by bs laws and high numbers of them getting felonies. It is a fact that blacks have the highest number of felonies among all other races in the us. On top of that the us has the highest number of people in jail and blacks make up the majority of the lot. These facts lead to them not being able to carry guns legally in the numbers needed to make any type of effective change. This has nothing to do with me being raciest or anything else. The whole system is geared toward getting black youths a record. Many of them are justly givin felonies and many get caught up in a system that has been taylored for failure. Wake up and quit pointing the finger.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I would be interested to get your take on a citizens right or duty to stop or prevent crime from happening when one is witness to such events like trafficing and smuggling. At what point after you inform the police that a crime is being committed do you need to personally get involved if nothing is being done.

if i am armed and i see someone start shooting random people at what point should i step in to try to help?

One could argue that crimes are being committed everyday at crossings and no one is stopping it.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
similar themes appear in the ATS almost every day you do not see like in some cases, a system that oppresses you and kills various sophisticated ways and how they differ from you as you only see the Lilliputians sole giant that crushes you

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

A long response. My apologies to everyone for it

This is a tough question - My responses are directed at you but im not accusing you of doing anything. If I use the term you its for conversational purposes and not accusations.

First and foremost a citizens ability to get involved will depend on what state they are in. In my state of MO there is no duty to retreat for civilians. In a state like Michigan the civilian has a duty to retreat and if they fail to do so they can actually be charged with a crime.

Secondly the ability of a citizen to detain / arrest will also vary from state to state. Based on my experience if a civilian detains and individual and is wrong, they can be charged with a crime and sued. In other states civilians can only detain / arrest for felonies.

Entering the US illegally the first time is a misdemeanor offense and after that it moves into the felony area. If you come across a group of individuals who do not speak English how do you know they are here illegally? In order to determine that you would need to detain and ID every single person present. The US does not have an official language so the fact they do not speak English is not enough to go on.

Having groups of armed citizens randomly detaining people and demanding ID is no more appropriate than if law enforcement went around randomly demanding ID's from people. I know for a fact people don't care much for law enforcement so if you don't want the police doing that to you why is it acceptable for you to do it to others? Not to mention its illegal and is essentially how Nazi Germany operated.

Once you notify law enforcement your responsibility is essentially over with. There is nothing wrong with calling them back to give updates or let them know if things are escalating etc. How they arrive and what they do is their responsibility. What you or someone else might perceive as a crime might in actuality not be one. What you think should be a code 3 response from police might not be to their agency.

Getting involved after you call the police again depends on the state you are in. Some states allow it and some states do not. It depends on the crime and the state and the details of the incident in question.

Active Shooters - In a scenario like this I would say you have every right to end that persons life to prevent the individual from killing others from the moment you see it. Even in states where you have a duty to retreat protection of 3rd parties can be taken into consideration. In a case like you described the shooter is an imminent danger to the public and the threat must be stopped. In this type of scenario, even the US Supreme Court ruling on use of deadly force on a fleeing felon (Tenn vs. Garner) is out the window.

A person is not guilty of violating a law until the court / jury finds them guilty. As with all other laws in the US, one must look at the totality of circumstances for each individual case. Just because 20 Mexicans cross into the US illegally does not mean all 20 have the same story and reasons for doing what they did. Some will have legitimate reasons for asylum while others will not.

Personally speaking I am in favor of legal immigration. If you come here illegally then you go to the back of the line for lawful immigration and you get shipped back to your country of origin. If the federal government is not going to do its job on the border then those border states have every right to use their state guard units to prevent the illegal entry.

Based on how this administration has acted thus far in this area, I am all for removing Holder and Obama and the head of DHS and charging them with crimes. They are failing to do their job while intentionally making the situation worse by their non enforcement of immigration laws and misusing government resources in an effort to assist instead of deter the criminal activity.

I would go so far as saying the federal government is acting like a "coyote", actively assisting in bringing illegals into this country and then assisting by blocking application of the laws.

Hence the reason we need to get out house in order first before dealing with the border. If the system is not working then it does not matter how many people you have guarding the border. Once they are caught they are not being sent back.

*** You must check the state you reside in and look at their laws regarding the information in this post. Laws vary state to state. A person may take an action that is lawful in state A but be illegal in state B. Do your due diligence and check the laws of your area.***

edit on 13-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So you don't support people like me that had to reside in illegal states like NY

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
So you don't support people like me that had to reside in illegal states like NY

Im not following.. Its been a very long day for me. Can you clarify?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
No, I am simply sick of the world. Sick of police getting away with it all, but seems like theuy goy biggesting hazardous ti caprtuer if all during life. I tried but tried are not an much as beingeg are barking os ntaht dog.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
No, I am simply sick of the world. Sick of police getting away with it all, but seems like theuy goy biggesting hazardous ti caprtuer if all during life. I tried but tried are not an much as beingeg are barking os ntaht dog.

Do wha?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wiz4769
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

So the people ask the powers that be to do their job an they wont, what choice is left? You want to paint the average American as a danger?? What do you consider the invaders and the powers that be then?? Heros?

The average American isn't a gun-toting lunatic sitting on a rock next to his beer cooler hoping for someone to come along whom he can kill.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Well informed answer and that is why i posed the question to the resident jack booted thug. The only thing i found questionable is the point of detaining and checking id at a border crossing. It shouds not be a problem to show id again. If i am at the border crossing and witness people that do not show id or have none just walk across then it seems like some laws are being broken. Perhaps just someone recording the incident and showing how some just walk across would go further than shutting anything down. Anyway thanks for the answer.

I see the whole immigration problem just as a symptom of the right left bs. The right wants virtually no immagration and the left wants very much. The republicans have pretty much won in court so the left makes illegal immagration a real solution for anyone wanting to come here. The answer is a balance between the two. We will have to double or triple the number of legal immagrants right now and close illegal crossings to make it work. Just doing only one of what i mentioned only serves one side of our gov. and fuels the issue further.
edit on 14-9-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join