It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Bank Of Scotland To Relocate To London If A " Yes " Vote.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I have somany questions

Will this mean all the Scots living in England & Wales be deported back to Scotland?

Will we English need a passport to goto Scotland?

Will England still fund NHS and benefit system on Scotland?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: michael1888
And not only are we in chains, That Bastard Lion is Blowing Raspberries at us.....

The Scottish Coat Of Arms had chains around the unicorn before the Act Of Union.

Nothing at all to do with England. Yet more bullcrap propaganda from yourself

en.wikipedia.org...

Lighten up Rommel. care to comment on this..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In tense political times such as this, the idiotic comments you make, some lesser educated people would actually take them as fact.

Grow up and debate the issues with responsibility and not childish comments. After all you keep spouting on about how an independent Scotland would be a " mature " country.
edit on 14-9-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
I have somany questions

Will this mean all the Scots living in England & Wales be deported back to Scotland?

@alldaylong

In the interests of fairness shouldn't you be saying the same to this guy?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

What did I say about England?

"the Lion represents England."... thats all

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
I have somany questions

I think no because we are all european citizens and we can travel freely.

Maybe

And lastly no, England doesnt fund those now though we are all led to beleive this.
edit on 09182014-09-14T08:18:34-05:0008amAmerica/ChicagoSunday by michael1888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

a] interesting point should we get rid of the many people from all over who have called Scotland home a kind of ethnic cleansing so to speak .

b] Should the Scottish stop speaking a foreign tounge

a] why not it will give some pencil pusher some extra work as we will not be part of Europe it seems for a long while
never did get that vote did we

no like norway we have a good salmon and oil industry and only have a small 5.8 million population 100.000 on benefits from 2.3 milion

We would be able to kick out those foreign boat's that are dredging the sea's dry AND with 1/3 of the u.k landmass the building boom would be great indeed and needed while some parts of the uk are spending billions on high speed rail , some people just want rid of single track road's and the pot hloes filled in .

FREE health, care free university, free travel for O.APs something that David Cameron is going to stop

If scotland make a mess of it well at least it will be their mess

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: michael1888

What did I say about England?

"the Lion represents England."... thats all

It wasn't what you said, it was what you implied. As in this quote from your self :-

" The "chained" unicorn represents Scotland.. hmmm. "

Or had you forgot what you wrote ?

As i have stated previously the chained unicorn was on The Scottish Coat Of Arms before The Act Of Union.

I give you this opportunity to state what the " hnnnn" actually meant.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hmmm. Was me reffering to the unicorn being chained, it seem appropriate to how a lot of Scots feel. You say it was there before the union and to that I will not disagree because i dont know otherwise. If you want an argument find someone else.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
A lot of Scots feel chained! Oh ffs, current Scots have a better life than most people on the planet.

Don't forget, Scotland joined the Union in the first place because they were not very good at being on their own.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Glad you noticed that. However 1 in 5 children live in poverty in Scotland so it can be better and thats what I and many others are hoping for come Thursday a reply to: liverlad

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
a reply to: Alekto

You do know the English aren't are a race?

English people ORIGINATE from many different groups such as ...Celt, Anglo-Saxon , Norman, Jute, Roman etc - these groups aggregated long ago to create an ETHNICITY that began in early mediaeval times, known as Angelcynn.

In other words, a race of people.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I quite like the idea that I'd need a passport to enter Scotland. It would make a less than thrilling trip sound exotic.

"Darling, grab your passport! We're going on a holiday!"

"Ooohh...Are you taking to me to Barbados at long last?"

"No love, Kilmarnock. But close enough".

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: michael1888
Glad you noticed that. However 1 in 5 children live in poverty in Scotland

It must be England's fault. Robbing the bounteous oil money and spending it on... Err, the NHS, free university places and propping up Scotland's woeful economy.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't have a vote but am keeping a keen eye on this because it could well affect my livelihood.

I honestly think that there is not enough real hard evidence being put out there for anyone to make a sensible judgement based on facts. Much of it has to be based on hunches and guesswork and who or what you believe. It's all down to a gamble.

And there are also some very spurious arguments being put about.

I've heard many "YES" campaigner's claiming how much the pound belongs to Scotland as much as the rest of the UK so Scotland should choose whether to keep it or not. Well err OK but remember all that oil is currently Britain's oil and so I guess on that basis the rUK gets to keep that as well
( I know that's a spurious argument as well )

Then there were the voices of the "NO" campaign, panicking and offering Scotland massive political changes all of a sudden as soon as the polls showed they were losing the battle.

I do believe Scotland should have the freedom to make decisions that affect what goes on within it's borders whilst still remaining integrated as part of the UK for the things where the economies of scale benefit us all.

Perhaps the sensible solution would have been to offer the "Devo-Max" option on the ballot paper. Far too late now though for anyone to change that. Perhaps we all could have happily lived with it?

The one thing I will say to Scotland is, that whether you vote "YES" or "NO", I think you may have just breathed life back into a population apathetic to career politicians and the feeling of being totally disenfranchised from Westminster. There is now talk of more power being granted to the regions of England, Northern Ireland and Wales.

With a General Election due next year there is not enough time for people to forget what is being discussed and perhaps a wind of real change is in the air across these Isles? I really hope so.

edit on 14/9/14 by mirageman because: typos

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman
And so do i.
Change is required. in fact, it's a necessity or we stagnate as a species.
We can start a revolution here that will spread through Europe and the rest of the World.

Maybe i'm a dreamer...Hey, I'm A Scot, we dare to Dream, it's in our blood.
See Neil Armstrong and other Scots descendents who have contributed to exploration and the advancement of the Human race because we chased the impossible Dream.

edit on 14-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Actually they mainly spent it on tax cuts for the rich .
As for Scotland woeful economy there are two possibilities. Either you believe the figures that show Scotland contributes higher share of revenue than expenditure and is one of only three net contributing areas of uk.
Or you believe that a north European economy with educated workforce and massive natural resources really does have a dysfunctional economy due to chronic mismanagement over last 40 years.
Either way a yes vote is only logical decision.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Actually they mainly spent it on tax cuts for the rich .
As for Scotland woeful economy there are two possibilities. Either you believe the figures that show Scotland contributes higher share of revenue than expenditure and is one of only three net contributing areas of uk.
Or you believe that a north European economy with educated workforce and massive natural resources really does have a dysfunctional economy due to chronic mismanagement over last 40 years.
Either way a yes vote is only logical decision.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

AND THAT'S ALL I GOT TO SAY ON THAT ROYAL BANK

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
To quote Tommy Sheridan, "The only Banks that will be leaving Scotland post Independence will be Food Banks.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hopefully Mr Sheridan will be condemning this disgraceful behaviour.
There's no excuse for this. It's the actions of a mob that doesn't believe in democracy. Personally speaking I wouldn't give Millibean the time of day, because I think he's an idiot. But would I hound him and scream at him until he has to abandon his trip? No. Because I'm not a child in a playground. No matter who is speaking, they are entitled to their views.

Oh and SoloProtocol? Where's the apology again?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join