It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Bank Of Scotland To Relocate To London If A " Yes " Vote.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Sorry are you saying that westminister is going to retrospectively change laws to make actions of the government legal??"

No, I am saying that the Act of Union 1707 could be altered and changed by subsequent legislation / Acts of Parliament. The Parliament being the body representing the United Kingdom i.e. including Scotland. This is what happened. If not, then devolution would not have been possible in the first place.

Regards

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Scotland would undoubtedly suffer for a little while if they gain independence, but I think they can quickly recover. If they give businesses incentives to come there, such as better rates than found in England for instance, it will happen. If a bunch of companies pull out of Scotland, that will simply open up new opportunities for others. That is how the free market works. Intelligent businessmen will see this and will move in. Scotland will not have to worry or suffer for all that long after gaining their independence, but there will likely be a financial crisis during this intermediary period. It will not be pretty, and it will take politicians coming together to make important decisions, and as long as everyone does what they're tasked with doing I see things working out just fine. And perhaps if things don't work out for the best, they can beg to be taken back. I don't see this as unrealistic at all, and it would be the intelligent choice to take Scotland back in the event that everything goes to hell. Creating more jobs is going to be very important as well, which is doable in various ways.
edit on 9/11/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Oh fur Christ's sake...just when you thought it couldn't get more ludicrous....

It appears that the No Campaigns Utter Panic has left the building and Sheer Desperation has entered stage left.

Independent Scotland faces doubling of BBC Licence fee

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
If a bunch of companies pull out of Scotland, that will simply open up new opportunities for others. That is how the free market works. Intelligent businessmen will see this and will move in.

Intelligent businessmen will consider why the other companies pulled out in the first place. If they didn't, they wouldn't be intelligent businessmen.

How quickly they move in will be determined by how well any separation is handled, how quickly the economy settles, and how viable it will be to operate that business from an independent Scotland.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

It appears that the No Campaigns Utter Panic has left the building and Sheer Desperation has entered stage left.

Actually I was going to ask what was going to happen about BBC Scotland. Hmm, and the article says that the study was drawn up three years ago. Does anyone from the 'No' campaign have access to a Tardis?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

...utter panic? It's just a subsidy that is being removed. How is that panic?

It seems petty to raise it now, but that's only because it's almost a non-issue when compared to the much bigger questions that should be addressed.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Says it all really.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It has long been my view that women in general are more discerning than
men ....

Alex Salmond's 'female problem' or why most Scots women wouldn't trust
him to run a tea-party

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The following taken from the link .....

"It is said that female politicians can find the First Minister's manner rather
condescending and its often quite striking that he is not altogether
comfortable when being questioned by an assertive woman.

Although Salmond insists that a vote for 'independence' does not equate
to a vote for him, those who distrust the First Minister are also dubious
of his 'euphoric vision' for an independent Scotland. You get the feeling
that blokes are more inclined to get 'carried away' in the moment, and are
more inclined to take risks. Where as women are more inclined to weigh
everything up. They don't like the fact that Salmond on certain issues like
currency seems to wriggle ....
LOL!! a wriggling Salmond the mind boggles!!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4
Or we can just tell them to shove the Licence fee up their arses and watch the other 100+ channels we have at our disposal and catch up on BBC Iplayer for free whenever we feel like it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

It has long been my view that women in general are more discerning than
men ....

Alex Salmond's 'female problem' or why most Scots women wouldn't trust
him to run a tea-party

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The following taken from the link .....

"It is said that female politicians can find the First Minister's manner rather
condescending and its often quite striking that he is not altogether
comfortable when being questioned by an assertive woman.

Although Salmond insists that a vote for 'independence' does not equate
to a vote for him, those who distrust the First Minister are also dubious
of his 'euphoric vision' for an independent Scotland. You get the feeling
that blokes are more inclined to get 'carried away' in the moment, and are
more inclined to take risks. Where as women are more inclined to weigh
everything up. They don't like the fact that Salmond on certain issues like
currency seems to wriggle ....
LOL!! a wriggling Salmond the mind boggles!!

And wimminz get all soggy at the very words..David Cameron.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Absolute tosh, recent mumsnet poll shows that women are siding with the Yes campaign rather than the Better Together campaign. Also the better together's patronising video that was more suited in the 1950's has shown just what the better together campaign think of woman in scotland.

MumsNet Poll

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Or we can just tell them to shove the Licence fee up their arses and watch the other 100+ channels we have at our disposal and catch up on BBC Iplayer for free whenever we feel like it.

The nationalist case for independence does actually say that the BBC will be dumped and a new public service broadcaster with a focus on Scotland will take over.

Not to worry, the nationalists go on, because as Scotland will become more (er) Scottish, the world will want to buy their programming. Then they start banging on about the Tories running the BBC and all that guff. They are careful to say that those disillusioned souls who actually like non-Scottish-themed programming will still be able to view the BBC when they strike a deal.

Regards

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
She looks like the type of psychopath i would hate to go home 30 bob short in my wages too....Scary Man lol

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

The nationalist case for independence does actually say that the BBC will be dumped and a new public service broadcaster with a focus on Scotland will take over.

Not to worry, the nationalists go on, because as Scotland will become more (er) Scottish, the world will want to buy their programming. Then they start banging on about the Tories running the BBC and all that guff. They are careful to say that those disillusioned souls who actually like non-Scottish-themed programming will still be able to view the BBC when they strike a deal.

Regards

The only thing i would miss is David Attenborough...I'll buy the DVD.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
As a Canadian that had the same Referendum issues with Quebec in the 90's. I ask that Scotland stay within the British Kingdom. Work out your differences and evolve to a better common ground as a Nation. Sometimes the grass isn't always green on the other side. If it is greener there it is because it is lying upon a septic bed.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Aye she has those crazy eyes for sure. Some of the memes from that advert were class.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4lol. As i have said in another post in another thread, if anything, we are seeing some great Humour come to the fore...
I would post the Piers Morgan Tweet from a few days ago, but i fear i may get banned or a heavy warning once the Mods stop Laughing.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Polls are narrowing women are 9% more likely to vote NO than men.

42% of women are saying they plan to vote YES according to latest yougov.

survey. And more detailed polling reveals two major concerns among

women ... the financial implications of independence and whether or not

Alex Salmond is trustworthy or not.

Despite a concerted effort to woo female voters - a campaign which

included Mumsnet debate and appearances on Woman's

Hour, just 9%of women say they trust Salmond 'a lot' and only 37% admit

to trusting him at all, this compares to 50% of men who don't have any

trust in Salmond .... (what only half of all the men in Scotland trust

Salmond at all?)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

This vote is not for Alex Salmond or for who will run an independent Scotland it's a vote for independence itself and that's why even though the majority don't like or trust Salmond the polls are quite tight.

There's a very good chance that Alex Salmond won't be elected as PM of an independent Scotland if we do vote Yes.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

This vote is not for Alex Salmond or for who will run an independent Scotland it's a vote for independence itself and that's why even though the majority don't like or trust Salmond the polls are quite tight.

There's a very good chance that Alex Salmond won't be elected as PM of an independent Scotland if we do vote Yes.

Yes but without FACTS and the correct information .... The voter could be

voting for a pipe dream?

Too late after being conned !!
edit on 11-9-2014 by eletheia because: computer malfunction

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join