It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Bank Of Scotland To Relocate To London If A " Yes " Vote.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The Royal Bank Of Scotland will announce tomorrow that if Scotland votes yes to independence, they will move their HQ from Edinburgh to London.
What kind of madness is this. The Bank Of Scotland will be operating out of England. It has already been announced that Standard Life will be moving some of it's operations to England, and B.P. ans Shell are both considering their options is Scotland becomes independent.
Mr Salmond take note, the chickens are coming home to roost.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The main office is already in London. Has been for decades i beleive.

This is a bit of 'propaganda'

Lloyds already has its head office in London, separate from its Scotland registered office.

And RBS has two head offices, one in London, one in Scotland - and, to repeat, Scotland is its legal home.

Source - m.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 09012014-09-10T17:01:14-05:0005pmAmerica/ChicagoWednesday by michael1888 because: added quote

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: michael1888

Just look at their list of shareholders:

investors.morningstar.com...

They really aren't Scottish as much as American.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

If I was in Scotland I would be pushing for a yes vote, with the threat of BRICS in my back pocket. If Scotland joined BRICS, the BRICS nations could enter into trade agreements with Scotland making them one of the wealthiest nations on the planet, with a solid banking structure.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25

If I was in Scotland I would be pushing for a yes vote, with the threat of BRICS in my back pocket. If Scotland joined BRICS, the BRICS nations could enter into trade agreements with Scotland making them one of the wealthiest nations on the planet, with a solid banking structure.

Why on earth would the BRICS nations enter into trade agreements with Scotland? It's too small, it's too (comparatively speaking) poor and it's not on their radar. Nope. Not happening.
edit on 10-9-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
The Royal Bank Of Scotland will announce tomorrow that if Scotland votes yes to independence, they will move their HQ from Edinburgh to London.
What kind of madness is this. The Bank Of Scotland will be operating out of England. It has already been announced that Standard Life will be moving some of it's operations to England, and B.P. ans Shell are both considering their options is Scotland becomes independent.
Mr Salmond take note, the chickens are coming home to roost.

Can't really blame them. They'd rather the devil they know than the devil they don't.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

BRICS has not managed a single trade agreement in 5 years. The only thing they have agreed to is the bank which might end up just being run by China. India, Brazil and South Africa have a seperate group called IBSA but Scotland would be much more at home in the EU and IMF anyway.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There is a list online somewhere

It has a list of 300 major company's and employers shutting up shop in Scotland at the tune of tens of thousands of job losses

Scotland is effectively kicking itself out on the street in a hate driven BS and going to live in a cardboard box shouting but I'll still have oil/dole money

I really do feel for the No voters if they lose this, it's going to be close and regardless of the outcome, they'll be chaos and rioting

I wash my hand of it,

Scotland we love you don't let these tribalistic Nat destroy your country for Scotland 1% to suck up all your lost assets and properties, use your brains and go find the truth before inequality goes through the roof

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Yeah It's no secret Britons enemies would love a weaker UK and Scotland to devourer

I wonder who the Scottish turn to for "independence" from a union they're Independent in... The EU, US, BRICS...

Sorry remind me what this referendum is about again?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

They have oil, they will be good no matter what they do. They could create thier own currency, someone will trade with them. It's not complicated, why does everyone think that people can't survive apart from the world banking system?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If I were voting ... I'd be voting for an independent Scotland.

It's just money.

It's just your freedom.

Did Iceland sink into the North Atlantic?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
God save the queen
The fascist regime
They made you a moron
Potential H-bomb

God save the queen
She ain't no human being
There is no future
In England's dreaming
always been bank of Scotland anyway

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

So what let the corporation leave. Why does anyone need to be more in love with material goods than freedom? People use the word sanction like it means something. Sanctions are how evil people bully others, I say let the bullies keep the scrap they won't trade, until they choke on it.

I am not an expert on the situation, but it seems to me the yes group believes they are pushing for freedom that they don't currently perceive having.

I will choose freedom over slavery to material goods. They can rebuild when the corporations leave. Money and job creation are myths that can be solved with sound financial policy.

edit on 10-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

It's just money.

It's just your freedom.

I'm not sure that you understand the financial, legal and constitutional headaches that would emerge as the rest of a 'Yes' vote.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

It's just money.

It's just your freedom.

I'm not sure that you understand the financial, legal and constitutional headaches that would emerge as the rest of a 'Yes' vote.

LOL That sounds so scary.

The only people who are scared of free Scots are the English

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

It's just money.

It's just your freedom.

But then I'm not English. And you still don't seem to understand the ramifications.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

It's just money.

It's just your freedom.

Exactly, their is no reason to fear. A sovereign nation maintains sovereignty over all assets within it's borders. It will be the corporation who will have to negotiate, not the other way around. This is why they are leaving. What is necessary will be reopened, but will be owned by citizens and not foreign investors.

Unless you think they would start a war for the corporations, lol.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

But then I'm not English.

Are you sure? You talk just like one.

Look, brother, I'm not picking ... just saying.

Scotland has a lot of options with independence. The other way is to remain part of the UK and keep riding the escalator down. Scotland would be better off in the EU, IMVHO ... but I'd rather see them try for true independence first.

The people who insist on remaining loyal to the crown can move to England. I know the queen and the English would be ever so happy about that ... and are waiting with open arms.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

It's just money.

It's just your freedom.

Exactly, their is no reason to fear. A sovereign nation maintains sovereignty over all assets within it's borders. It will be the corporation who will have to negotiate, not the other way around. This is why they are leaving. What is necessary will be reopened, but will be owned by citizens and not foreign investors.

Unless you think they would start a war for the corporations, lol.

Sorry, but round objects. Who owns the barracks? Who owns the air fields? Who owns the naval yards? Who owns the shipyards? What level of taxation will be levelled by the Scottish Government? Will it be different from the rest of the UK? In which case will there be customs posts on the border? What happens at the border? Will there be passport stations? Or a free delivery over national borders? But the UK will be in the EU and Scotland won't be, so how can there be trade deliveries? What about the constitution? What will Scotland take? Will it be a Republic or a Kingdom? What will back its currency? Does it have a gold reserve? What part of the national debt will it take on? Where is the national maritime border? What legal claim does it have to the oil?

Legal. Nightmare.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

a reply to: AngryCymraeg

But then I'm not English.

Are you sure? You talk just like one.

Look, brother, I'm not picking ... just saying.

Scotland has a lot of options with independence. The other way is to remain part of the UK and keep riding the escalator down. Scotland would be better off in the EU, IMVHO ... but I'd rather see them try for true independence first.

The people who insist on remaining loyal to the crown can move to England. I know the queen and the English would be ever so happy about that ... and are waiting with open arms.

I am Cymraeg. So I hate the fecking English. But I don't have my eyes closed to the legal nightmare that would descend in the event of a 'Yes' vote.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join