It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus say anything about gay folk?.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I still like the idea of reminding many christians that more often than not, they are as bad as the devil the fear so much.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

A better use of time, would be to find out actually what is going on , here in this world.

You cannot change the minds of those people , while yours is fixated on likely just as meaningless things.

Until people choose to look beyond these OBVIOUS distractions, that were set into play to divide and smash us into only "hopeful" beings, you are not going to change anything, anything that is REAL.

Is it not time to look to the SOURCE of LUNACY, instead of constantly falling for the same dam parlor tricks over and over ?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Yes...I also know how to spell demand. I don't believe in God and I don't follow "God's laws" blindly. But just because I don't, doesn't mean that I can't see the original reason for them. And I stand by my statement. If everyone followed our laws and the Christian religion's laws...to the letter...we (all of us as a whole in society) would be better off.

I agree with you 100% though I do not follow those laws either.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I still like the idea of reminding many christians that more often than not, they are as bad as the devil the fear so much.

Probably doesn't get you invited to too many church socials.

People don't like to hear that they may be flawed. People don't like to hear that their religion is flawed.

That's why I embrace faith more than I do religion.

My faith is very personal. Religion? Religion is the politics of faith.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

We're human - that's why we're so inexplicably cruel. There's no use trying to understand it, but there's no harm in my pointing out to all the blind christians that they're behaving in the complete opposite manner to the way they claim is 'the way', or that their version of 'the way' is so entirely warped that it represents the devil's way.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Right there- you just made the case for faith and won, buddy.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Watchman23

Lol. You have no idea what is queued up for the hive next. Even I am speechless, and I'm just starting to observe it.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Wow you pick on a typo done on my phone.
Plus I have dyslexia also.
Which laws old or new?.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Plus christians did not invent morality. ..been about for years before jesus.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

These 'god's laws' that you speak of are unnatural to humanity and can't be followed. I actually have a hunch that these 'god's laws' are just old hebrew's laws and why on earth are some people still trying to base their morals and ethics on that?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This is how this argument usually goes.

Someone will quote Matthew 5:18 from The Sermon on The Mount where Jesus says he did not come to do away with "The Law and The Prophets". Then they will get everyone to believe that he was talking about the "old testament" (including the verse against gays), even though at the end of his Sermon on The Mount Jesus clarifies what he means by "Law" when he says "so in everything, doing to others what you would have them do to you is The Law and The Prophets" in Matthew 7:12.

edit on 6-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I tried to post this last night but internet cut out.

I remember reading something about homosexuality in the commandments... something about not coveting an ass.

lol

also..
God hates fornication....so maybe that means God likes felatio etc?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

So, live and let live?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

You only have half the story. Plenty of dirty secrets in the Pharisees oral law.

We never hear much about that in Sunday school. I wonder why.

Lying pen indeed. I wouldn't trust a single word from the "Old" testament.
edit on 6-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

scholars proved it was written by about 5 different People.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

If you mean the Talmud, not according to my old fundamentalist teachers. Besides, Wikipedia might disagree. I care of content, acceptance, and influence.

If you mean the Old, yeah, I recall German higher criticism tearing the Old, apart. I should refresh my memory on that as well. Such as 2 or 3 Isaiah‘ s. Same with Moses writing about his own death, after the fact. Etc.

PS, I still do not recall signing a non disclosure agreement.
edit on 6-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Light the blue touchpaper and walk way....

www.fargonasphere.com...

This is my favourite line from the link however...

"Water Into Wine

When a Roman needed to attend to nature he or she would say something like "Time to turn water into wine." This was a joke, of course, for the act of urination was something like transforming water magically into a kind of 'wine' - urine. Knowing this, can you ever again think that Jesus turning water into wine at the wedding at Capernaum was a "miracle?" It was written into the New Testament by the Romans so that everyone in Rome, except the slaves of course, would get a belly laugh."

the oldies are the best dont you think?

You have to admit it got you going though didnt it?
Credit where its due to tell a joke so good you had to wait two thousand years to hear the punchline....just wait till you hear the one about the "loaves" and "fishes"-
Strange name for your...
I wont go into it- just read the link- the "best" jokes are at the bottom - in the long run? probably not so funny
but romans? what can you do? hey?
Theres loads more where that came from...
Turns out Josephus and his crew were a right bunch of monty pythons.
Dunno about their sexual orientation but they knew a few sadistic cock jokes.

...and walk away...

edit on 6-9-2014 by abovetotallyobvious because: over emoticonned

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Man, you're gay?

God, you're buff. We've always joked around that gays were fit, but this... well, it makes it true. Pics. It's true I guess, if gays retaliated, they'd get our women, just for the sake of getting back on us heteroes...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I posted this in a different thread, but it makes more since here.

Genesis 19:4-5
4 Now before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, ALL THE PEOPLE FROM EVERY QUARTER, surrounded the house. 5 And they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally.”

Romans 1:24-27
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their (STRAIGHT) women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the (STRAIGHT) men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

In Sodom we can see this is not about homosexuality but in fact all the males in the entire city want to have forced sex with the 2 travelers.

The reason for identifying Romans as a prophecy against STRAIGHT men and STRAIGHT women only is this.

Their are some who believe in "material enlightenment", within that group their are those who also believe in "sexual enlightenment". This "sexual enlightenment", causes men and women to become sexually perverse and accept homosexuality even though they were never previously attracted to the same sex.

Because of this "sexual enlightenment" God causes them to burn in lust for sexual pleasure of any and every kind.

A man who claims to be born gay and is only attracted to males, is neither a rapest, nor a sexual pervert. Most gays I've met believe in monogamous relationships. So clearly neither of these verses pertain to those born gay.

This leaves only the livitical code. I believe it possible for God to insure that all Israelite males born between Moses and 70 A.D. were born straight. If we can give God the power to accomplish this, than we can see that this teaching was never intended for the gentiles, but was rather part of a law that ended with the destruction of the temple in 70 A.D.

To me the bible makes no mention of homosexuality as sin after Christ. But it does make mention of material and sexual perversion, from those who refuse the Holy Spirit.

In the Koran, homosexuality is only vaguely mentioned. And in each it claims that someone has left something natural to themselves because of sexual lust. Since those born gay are only doing what is natural for them, the verses in the Koran do not pertain to those born gay either.

edit on 6-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: headb

That's me in summer. Winter me is pale and fatter. I'll take all the compliments I can get, though! Thanks.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join