It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus say anything about gay folk?.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I have researched and know a lot of what you have talked about. Enili, Enki. Zoroastrianism.
jesus didn't die for our sins, but From our sins.and From our actions we were forgiven, yet not forgotten of the actions themselves. if we were truly forgiven , why do we have revelations?a prophecy of destruction and killing and purging?seems like retribution. this is off topic. PM me if you want to continue.

the annunaki story, the story of Horos, jesus. all similar, just twisted a little as it was passed down to control the masses.

YET, i do not see how your open minded and wonderful quotations imply what i have stated earlier about Dove and Figs? He certainly would not believe any of this. And because it challenges his religion, he will not fight a lost battle. He is safe in his nut shell of a faith based upon stories thousands and thousands of years before jesus.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I understand that. But it doesn't list EVERYTHING that is acceptable, does it? It sounds like you're kind of assuming homosexuality is unacceptable because the bible doesn't say it acceptable. But the bible doesn't say buying a wedding dress is acceptable, either, or sending your child to public school, or driving a new car, or any number of behaviors that we all do.

No it doesn't list everything but many of the things that it does list can mean different things also. So If the Bible says don't commit "Sorcery" it could mean Witchcraft, Enchantment, Wizardry, Magic which if you dig a bit deeper are all forms of sorcery.

Now is that going to stop everyone from Sorcery? Of course not but it may stop the worshiper.. So if Homosexuality is condemned to the worshiper, the worshiper should not commit Homosexuality. If buying a Wedding dress was mentioned and condemned, the worshiper probably shouldn't buy a wedding dress, one of the Key issues in the bible is Self Control.. So holding yourself back from committing those things is part of the test in that religion and if the Bible says don't pick your nose and you do it, you have failed that test. But it doesn't mean you should call yourself a failure and continue doing it. You teach yourself to stop picking your nose lol... I think Self Development is the word.

I was a follower for 30 years. And I know quite a lot about the bible and the Christian religion.

I guess my point is this. If you think homosexuality is a sin, then don't practice it. Just like any other sin. If lying is wrong, don't do it. If taking the Lord's name in vain is a sin, then don't. I don't understand why homosexuality is a "special" sin to most Christians. They don't mind selling goods to a liar, an adulterer, an atheist, a fornicator... or allowing these people to marry... but when it comes to selling goods or allowing marriage to a homosexual, THAT is considered "supporting" the sin they engage in and they refuse to do it.

It's just confusing to me.

Your right because there are many different sins that Christians don't touch upon.. Maybe they pick on the Homosexuality because it is more front on, I don't know but I know that many of the things that are condemned in the Bible are being openly practiced by people today, including Christians themselves. So I think they are a bit hypocritical when it comes to the Homosexual issue. If they are going to attack that, then they better start attacking the ones they are ignoring also because it really does make them look like idiots sometimes..

For me though, I have never agreed with Homosexuality and that's just a personal viewpoint with no religion attached. It doesn't mean I hate you (I'm pretty sure I heard read you were homosexual? I think it may of been someone else but apologies in advance if I'm wrong) or anyone else, it's just something I wouldn't engage in myself... And people need to separate the Hating the Person and Action part.. Or Hate the Sin not the Person sort of thing... Too many are hating people and I don't like that... It makes me hate them..
edit on 5-9-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm a Christian and I have gay friends including one who's my best. No one is fit to judge except God. We all sin, no one's perfect. Why judge someone who's made of the same stuff as you?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: DarknStormy

What did Jesus say about homosexuality?

When he makes a direct reference that the Male and Female bond should never be broken by anyone (Which means Everyone), that is a conclusion to me that Homosexuality is not an option on the table..It's pretty simple to understand. What I quoted is a condemnation of Homosexuality without actually speaking about the topic itself..

As for where he actually speaks about it, I don't think he does but the later books of the New Testament do..

Cuervo stood on the mountaintop with his chips and salsa and declared "When you join together chips and salsa, let it be a union that no man shall tear apart!"

Then, a little boy came up to Cuervo with two bags of chips and started eating them and said to Cuervo "May I eat these? It does not have salsa."

To which Cuervo (still on his mountaintop, looking quite stellar) replied "Of course! Duh. I said nothing about eating two bags of chips without salsa!"

If Jesus's dialog had continued on the subject, it likely would have ended up like that.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Jeremiah 8:8 is what you are missing. They lied about the law, including what Moses said.

Christ's law is superior. That was why the Pharisees claimed he came to abolish the law. It didn't match theirs. It is also why they put him to death.

He was a king priest after the order of Melchizedek. In the mosaic law, you can't be a king and priest at the same time. Abraham gave tithes to a Christophany, the king of Salem. A city that didn't exist yet.

It was also the meaning behind the symbolism of his baptism by John. John was the last high priest after the order of Aaron. He gave the priesthood to Christ at that point.

That was the whole point of the Book of Hebrews. A book, although falsely attributed to Paul, was probably written by Apollo.

The Holy Spirit was to teach you all of this. The order of Melchizedek is Christ's priesthood. One that supersedes the mosaic order. That is what Psalm 110 means.

The only laws given, was Christ's law. Love God, and love each other as yourself.

In that, all the words of the prophets, and not just Christianities prophets, hangs.

Check the fur of whoever is teaching you.
edit on 5-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I'm a Christian and I have gay friends including one who's my best. No one is fit to judge except God. We all sin, no one's perfect. Why judge someone who's made of the same stuff as you?

if you say someone is wrong for doing something, is that not judging? you have labelled their behavior as immoral. whether or not you choose to act on that is beside the point.
edit on 5-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
It doesn't mean I hate you (I'm pretty sure I heard read you were homosexual? I think it may of been someone else but apologies in advance if I'm wrong) or anyone else, it's just something I wouldn't engage in myself...

No apology necessary. I'm not gay. I just don't like to see anyone maligned.

Thanks for your straightforward responses here.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
First off you should all know I'm an atheist. I stopped believing in fairy tales when I was 8 or so.

That being said, it doesn't matter what the Bible, or Jesus, or some crazy zealot say about homosexuality. What really matters is that all people, pro or anti, deserve to have their beliefs regarding this or any other topic.

If you want to afford gay people the "right" to marry, and you claim to want this because you promote equality, you must also be willing to grant the same right to believe it is an abomination in the eyes of God to those that are against it.

I personally couldn't care less who marries one another - but in the name of equality, if two consenting adults are allowed to marry, regardless of sex, should we not also allow three or more consenting adults to enter into a contract with one another? I mean really all we're talking about is contracts, and the legal benefits granted by the government to those that enter into these contracts, no? Does equality stop when we're talking about polygamy?

And please don't try to equate this argument to anything about beastiality or people marrying their hair dryers - I am specifically talking about contracts among CONSENTING adults.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Pretty much sums it up , for me anyway.

i quote
"For all that is in the world,
the lust of the flesh,
and the lust of the eyes,
and the pride of life,
is not of the Father,
but is of the world."

So,,follow the ways of the world,, no problem.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

if you say someone is wrong for doing something, is that not judging? you have labelled their behavior as immoral. whether or not you choose to act on that is beside the point.

So then how do you parent if you cannot tell your child when they are doing something right or wrong?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Konnie- At first I was lost, but now I AM found.. My 'rebuttal' was only the 'top part' of My first post. The second part is usually when I go off on tangents.

I'll have to start hitting a generic "reply"... But it do prove one theory.. I was 'there' at the same time I was 'here' . "usually" when outside the 'body' there isn't an aspect of 'time' odd...

The more I read from You, the more likely "We (You, the "other Me"..) will have a big chuckle when We "go back" from Whence We came...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Matthew 15:11
What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.

Mark 7:15
Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them.

Mark 7:20 What comes out of a person is what defiles them.

Seems he was pretty clear about the subject to me. Those that seek to cause trouble for others with their words should really consider who is defiled.
edit on 9/5/2014 by usertwelve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yup exactly Christians don't want people to sin and have sex before marriage etc so Gay folk getting wed is good for souls isn't it.

Damn you! I wasn't going to comment in this thread until I read your post.

OK...I'm not religious and don't believe in God as most religious people do. But here is the deal. If we were to follow "God's laws", we would be better off. Your post is my example. If people didn't have sex before marriage...we would be better off. I'm not saying we have to our should...I'm just saying that if we were all to not lie, cheat, steal, murder, have sex before marriage, etc...we would be better off than we are now.

So don't waste your time telling me how I'm wrong. We make laws that if everyone followed we would be better off too. So...if everyone followed every law to the letter and if everyone followed "God's laws"...we wouldn't have half of the problems we do today.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

He said plenty about happy people... and some things about Sodomites. Sodomy is included in the general term "sexual immorality", but we see in Romans 1 where Sodomites are singled out and how they should be killed for their gross and abominable lifestyle, as well as those who support and condone it.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Lol you don't believe in god but want to follow gods laws?.
Do you know how stupid that sounds.
You do know some of those laws demmand death don't you?.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

He said plenty about happy people... and some things about Sodomites.

I believe the OP (and the rest of us) would enjoy seeing where he said anything about sodomy.

but we see in Romans 1

The OP asked about Jesus, not Paul who never met him.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Jesus stated plenty of times that the OT laws still applied. (e.g. Matthew 5:18-19, Luke 16:17, Matthew 5:17)

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. Matthew 5:17

2 Timothy 3:16 says,

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

All scripture includes Old Testament. (Even the bits about how to beat your slaves) More evidence that Jesus supported the OT laws can be found.

Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law. John7:19
...the scripture cannot be broken. John 10:35

So whether or not Jesus said anything directly about homosexuality, his stance is pretty clear. Besides, if you believe Jesus is God, and God inspired the scriptures, you can conclude that everything in it, Jesus "said".
edit on 5-9-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There are many things that are left in the dark when it comes to the new testiment. I AM A CHRISTIAN, I dont judge knowing that i have been forgiven even of the same sins that are mentioned in this thread.
God does forgive. To thoses who are willing to accept His forgiveness
Salvation and the grace that Jesus gave to us is for everybody. it doesnt matter. God Loves ALL not wishing not even one should perish that all man kind might be saved through His Son. It is to say that there is no jugement. THERE IS TO THOSES WHO REFUSE GODS fORGIVENESS AND GRACE AND DENY HIM AND CONTINUE IN THEIR
SINS. FOR THERE IS A SURE JUDGEMENT FOR THEM. To thoses who will call on his name and His Sons name they shall be saved. Blessed to thoses who have gone the way of the world and than later turn back because they trust HIM and Call on His name. For they shall be forgiven all thoses who believe in Him and Trust Him.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Lol you don't believe in god but want to follow gods laws?.
Do you know how stupid that sounds.
You do know some of those laws demmand death don't you?.

Yes...I also know how to spell demand. I don't believe in God and I don't follow "God's laws" blindly. But just because I don't, doesn't mean that I can't see the original reason for them. And I stand by my statement. If everyone followed our laws and the Christian religion's laws...to the letter...we (all of us as a whole in society) would be better off.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This site references Sodom as being full of 'sodomites' and homosexuals that are then smoted by angels.

Not saying it is my interpretation of the bible.

moldovacrestina.md...
www.news-record.com...
edit on 5-9-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join