It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus say anything about gay folk?.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Yeah I guess if I want a wife all I have to do is rape her than pay her father to cover his losses. It's ok though, I'll get my money back after I sell the rape child my victim/wife eventually gives birth to. All of us as a whole society would be better off, not have to do jack, what with all the slaves we own. Nothing but free time for murdering and pillaging our enemies!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Your claim using anything written by "Paul", has already been been preemptively addressed here, here, here, and here.

I have tons more material, including evidences of Paul's Gnosticism, a DSS fragment that may have been Pauls excommunication letter, and possible gospel editing to make it appear Paul was a legitimate Apostle, in order to incorporate his writings into canon, etc.

He was not one of the twelve. Matthias replaced Judas, not Paul. Even Jesus himself hinted at false apostles in Rev 2:2

Revelation 2:2 "I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars;

Whereabout's was Pauls "base of operations" in relation to that letter?

Also, can you address Jeremiah 8:7,8.

...But My people do not know The ordinance of the LORD. 8"How can you say, 'We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes Has made it into a lie.

What lying pen? What lying scribes? What law?

It is quite easy to see who the Most High was, to Cyrus. He must not have been told YHWH was most High, when shown Isaiah 45 by Daniel.

PS, Jesus was mocking the Pharisee's. See his quoting of Psalm 82, which claims everyone is God, and "scripture cannot be broken." What priesthood do you serve? Aaron, or Melchizedek? They are not the same. Please see Genesis 14:18, Psalm 110, and Hebrews Chapter 7.

With respect.

edit on 5-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Yeah I guess if I want a wife all I have to do is rape her than pay her father to cover his losses. It's ok though, I'll get my money back after I sell the rape child my victim/wife eventually gives birth to. All of us as a whole society would be better off, not have to do jack, what with all the slaves we own. Nothing but free time for murdering and pillaging our enemies!

I'm guessing that was supposed to be cute. How about reading my words instead of putting them in my mouth. I never said we should live as they did back then and obviously wouldn't. But if you actually want to listen this time...name one "rule" for people in the bible that would be bad for society as a whole. Go ahead. Sure...there are "rules" that we don't follow, there are ones that may not be fair to one person or group of people, but I'm talking logic. Example: sometimes death is good for the whole of society. We seem to be the only animal on Earth that lives a life that is damaging to the whole of humanity...and to the species. We don't kill off the weak or genetically non-beneficial. I wouldn't suggest that either. But...it is better for the whole of the species. It would be better if no teenager got pregnant...wouldn't it? It would be better if they didn't have to stop school and raise a child...wouldn't it? It would be better if she didn't have to think of having an abortion...right? Wouldn't that be better for her? Well...not having sex before marriage would solve that.

AGAIN!!!! I'm not saying we should do these things...my point was...again...that we would be better off.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

"What priesthood do you serve? Aaron, or Melchizedek?"

I am agnostic.

Addressing Jeremiah 8:7-9

[7] Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgment of the Lord. [8] How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain. [9] The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the Lord; and what wisdom is in them?

My opinion is this verse is about Earthly men doubting Gods laws and taking up the pen to that cause (or perhaps to write their own laws). It says in verse nine there is no wisdom in rejecting the word of God. So I don't see this a case of the law being abolished.

In regards to the other content of your post, those are things I cannot comment on, and will have to look into as I am not aware of those interpretations.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Yeah it was "cutsie". My apologies. I don't really assume you are pro rape etc. To me it sounded like you said, "if they were all followed by the letter". Do you want OT rule or NT rule or does it matter?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: DarknStormy

That's a really terrible reply.

Animals, like humans according to the bible are God's creation. Apparently everything on earth was perfect until man committed his first sin. Animals are relevant because they were made by him, just like us.

God only cursed man according to genesis. i.e. animals were left the way he made them. Gay and all.

PS I grew up on a farm and I have yet to see an animal eat its own faeces.

God created created man.
God created beasts.
In whose image and likeness do you wish to be?
A dog which humps the sofa and eats cat feces?
A lion that kills and eats the young of the female it wishes to have sex with?
Or the Creator which man often rejects in order to revel in the behaviours cited above?

Anyone justifying actions and thoughts for man based upon animals is experiencing the side effects of evolution poison.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Does God punish a grizzly bear because he made it a grizzly bear?

Why would God punish a gay person because He made them gay?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Yeah it was "cutsie". My apologies. I don't really assume you are pro rape etc. To me it sounded like you said, "if they were all followed by the letter". Do you want OT rule or NT rule or does it matter?

Not really sure...and definitely not a "want". I was raised roman catholic before leaving the church, and religion as a whole back in my teens. Today, I just believe that we are on the wrong path...not that I know the right path. It really is a shame but I believe we will be the destruction of ourselves. We can use any help we can get at this point.

Anyway...have a good night. I've got an early morning.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

I eat pork, I eat crabs, all food. I can work on a sunday and can use broken dishes to eat my food from.

Ritual laws are no more in effect, the sin (moral) laws still stand

So as the one poster said, you cherry pick. Eating pork or working on a Sunday is a ritual, whereas marriage is not

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Exactly. This x100000.

Jesus would not approve of their treatment

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Things

Oh my LMAO, I am stealing that and telling my friends I thought of it. I want to give you more than one star for that

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I believe he said (Let He that is without sin among you...cast the first stone)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Cheers.

I think I've given you enough to see that Jeremiah 8:8 can easily mean what I said. :-) Cyrus and Marduk is blatantly obvious. Daniel himself showed him the scroll of Isaiah 45. He also had his own priesthood. You know them historicaly as the magi. There was far more of them than 3 too.

The texts were edited, multiple times. If edited, could not have all of those laws also added? Don't be so sure of that inerrancy claim. It is very much bull in my opinion. Early Judaism was polythestic. YHWH was a lesser God, out of 70, or 72 gods. He even had a wife, Asherah.

Sucks when a former fundamentalist Christian of 20 years realizes the scam.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
Homosexuality is a sin that is outside of the will of God...no different than hetroxexuality that falls outside of the boundries of marriage. However, all sinners have the opportunity to repent of their sin (to admit and turn away from...) and received the love and forgiveness that Jesus Christ demonstrated and purchased for them as he died for the sins of mankind.

His death both represents his hatred of sin and evil while demonstrating his incredible love for his lost children.

New Testament Quotes:

Mark 7:20-23New International Version (NIV)

20 He (Jesus) went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”

1 Timothy 1:9-11New International Version (NIV)

9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

Romans 1:25-27New International Version (NIV)

25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1 Corinthians 6:8-10New International Version (NIV)

8 Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers and sisters. 9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
NO ONE, NO ONE, on the face of this earth can have a clue what ANYONE said more than 2000 years ago.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Watchman23

So, Jesus had to die so that my sin of love can be forgiven by the thing that made me exactly as I am?

There's something either greatly misinterpreted, or it's time for us to start worshipping Satan.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

Exactly. This x100000.

Jesus would not approve of their treatment

Exactly. It's like people saying quacking was a sin.

Um,

Then why did God make ducks?

Edit to add; not saying gay folks are ducks, just trying to put it in perspective.
(don't get your feathers ruffled
)
edit on 5-9-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: Watchman23

So, Jesus had to die so that my sin of love can be forgiven by the thing that made me exactly as I am?

There's something either greatly misinterpreted, or it's time for us to start worshipping Satan.

Satan is currently running a little operation called Westboro Baptist.

You may want to rethink that.
edit on 5-9-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Lol. Damn ducks, being ducks. Penalize them!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

Lol. Damn ducks, being ducks. Penalize them!!!

lolz

Why can't ducks act like panda bears? It's an abomination!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join