It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

"I will drink more, reading poetry"
What is it your drinking?
OH, and very good, Well Done!

I still have my Little Red Book, Next to my Old Chinese Pass Port and My Other item or mementos.

I still have the badge I carried in my credentials, it would have been like my husbands badge for his credentials.

I'll have a Rum and Coke Please.

OH, Expat, I see you're here too, Come on over, join us.

ETA: Expat my friend, from your video's it's looking like you're having one of those bad days and nights.
Listen, my wife seen your videos and called me over, if you need any thing and ear or shoulder, just holler. We're here for you my friend
Really.

edit on 16-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
@ Epat888
Expat, That you in the corner?
What you drinking and what cigar you want?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Yech. I'm too old to be drafted anyway so the first song doesn't apply to me.

The second song strikes a note close to my heart though.

Chaos undivided

a reply to: guohua

I need another drink. Whiskey and Coke if we got it.

edit on 269am0202am122014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Whiskey and Coke as been ordered and you have your Pipe with you?

My rum and coke is coming to, I needed a refill,,,, I was just setting here people watching.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Having a drambuie neat along with a davidoff primeros cigar ..

@ Bassago .. too old here too .. though from looks of things the time coming when they'll start draft the youngsters ..

true .. far to weary of the rampant idiocy in the world .. yet its my curse to survive ..

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Thanks.. though not much can do .. the friend that was trying to help out committed suicide early this morning .. so now thinking how to find and explain what happened to his daughter ..

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Oh, GOD, I'm So Very Sorry to Hear This News, Damn, I Know This Hurt You deeply

Please, Please, Accept My Heart felt Condolences to you,,, I know you are hurting inside.

How do you tell a daughter her father Loved her So Much, He Took His Own Life because he Could Not Bare To be In this World With Seeing Her Smile or Hearing Her Laughter.
So, Hard, So Painful,,, I'm Hurting for you my friend.

My wife will talk to her Mother and other Ancestors and make an offering for your friend with incense and candles and chants, I'll say a pray, though I'm Rusty.

I wish there was more I could do, your drink is coming, a Drambuie Neat and a Davidoff Primeros cigar

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
DB post

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I don't dwell on the other part much, nor do I live my life in expectation of it. I figure if my hunch is right (if He showed me something or is warning me), then the best I can do about that anyway is to simply prepare my soul; we're supposed to do that anyhow, right? The rest of the time, I will live my life as if nothing is going to happen.

I figure that getting out into the stars will once again give us the freedom to go our own ways and try our own experiments again. The last time that happened, the US was a great place for a while.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Thanks.. though not much can do .. the friend that was trying to help out committed suicide early this morning .. so now thinking how to find and explain what happened to his daughter ..

Oh, no! That's too bad. It's a hard world sometimes and people just seem to break on it these days. I wish your news had been better.

And how do you tell a little girl that the adults in her life were so ... preoccupied with themselves that they tore her little life apart? How is she going to avoid growing up like her mother now? Hopefully, she'll find the strength not to walk that path.

So sad ... I wish your friend had managed to get to her sooner. It might have saved them both.
edit on 16-9-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Hi, ketsuko , you come in to relax a bit, need a drink or are you good?

It's a Beautiful day in Phoenix Arizona today, after yesterdays 105 it's only 90 and cloudy with a little wind.
Just A Great Day, Reminds me of November!

I sure hope Expat is feeling better, I know he took a hit there, that was an old friend, one of his old Troopers from Nam.
I understand his Grief.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I think I'll have a drink. Nothing too stiff. It's a beautiful day here; right around 70 and sunny.

Although my grandfather is in the hospital. They don't think it's anything too serious. At least, he went in under his own power, and my dad said no one seemed to be acting like they expected it to be anything to severe. He was having trouble swallowing though and his blood oxygen was real low and he had a lot of phlegm, none of which were issues that prompted him to go in.

I've been waiting to get an update from my parents, but I haven't heard anything, so I'm assuming that no news is good news. Still, anytime you have 90-year-old in the hospital, it makes you a bit nervous. He's no spring chicken.

But he did survive as a infantry in the Pacific theatre, so he's a tough bird.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
WoW, Lets hope for the best OK, keep us posted here, we're still family in a way you know.

My husband father passed at 93 years old march 3rd this year. He was my Best Friend, He lived in our back yard in the apartment my husband built for him to keep his independence after his wife, my husband mother died, 15 years ago.

Yes, I hope all goes well and you hear good news soon.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Expat, how are you?
What you drinking?
A Drambuie Neat and a Davidoff Primeros cigar is on it's way to your table if you want them,,, if not and you near an ear, We're here for ya.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hi everyone, been laying low this afternoon.

But hey I was only insulted once on ATS today so that must be a record or something.

Think I'd like a drink, double Jack w/ Coke please, anyone else?

@Expat888 I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

And where the heck is Charles?

edit on 035pm0202pm62014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

New Avatar I see, interesting,,,,, Yes, you need a drink, Double Jack w/ Coke coming your way.
OH, I played in the G W thread a bit, it was interesting, the die hard believer's of Doom and Gloom have us all killing are selves with CO2 soon and they still worship at the Alter of Al the Whore Gore!

I tried to explain to them that their Dear Leader # 2 of Climate Change Doom and Gloom was going to be alone this time.
Head line here.

Obama’s Lonely Climate Summit – world leaders are staying home

No one wanted to listen,,,,,

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Ah, thanks for the drink.

I've found it a waste of time to try to discuss issues with 1) global warming fanatics, 2) 9/11 people who believe the government story and 3) chem trail deniers. Might as well just bang you head against the wall..

Yeah trying out a new avatar look. Charles said my old one was threatening, or something. I don't remember what exactly, maybe ferocious. This one is just another guy, unless of course you read the books behind it and realize he's like the god of war. Don't tell Charles though.

edit on 214pm5050pm112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Evenin' Bassago, and everyone else. Just droppin' in to say "Hi" to the gang and let you know I'm alive. I hate to say this, but I think Bassago's avatar was more distinctive. It really stood out. (And, yes, I've finished The Three Stigmata).

Here's my problem. I'm going through a dark time. I'm afraid that my darkness might start to weigh on the fine people gathered around. In a sense, I'm trying to protect you guys. It's taking up a fair portion of my thoughts and I wouldn't want to look like a self-centered whiner. That's not allowed in the guy code.

I have a reputation to keep up, and I'm having a hard time of it at the moment. That's why I've been staying away.

There's another show on tomorrow night. I understand the phones are ready to accept calls. Nobody's planning on discussing Hernando's again, but I might slip in a quick reference. You probably know about Burger King moving their corporate "citizenship" to Canada. Some say it's "unpatriotic" and cheats the government out of tax money it needs. That's what I'm going to talk about, and for once I don't think I'll be very nice. It may be more of a rant. (Another reason I should probably stay away.)

Love you guys.

edit on 17-9-2014 by charles1952 because: br

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Yes, The husband recognized the picture of the guy, he said, " Now he look familiar" and it was right.

You're very welcome for the drink, OH, bye the way, I'm Drunk

My hubbies Drunk to,,,,,,
maybe he'll get some later

I'm setting here watching the people and eating Ritz crackers with Peanut Butter, Creamy Peanut Butter

You know I read Charles post, and I'm Sorry to hear he has to protect us, he has to do what he thinks is best for his Family and you know, I truly believe Charles see all of us as part of his extended family.
@ CHARLES.... We Love You and Respect You,,, We'll be Waiting, if you need anything, anything at all, you knock!

Now about Burger King, I don't Give a Damn! I don't eat at Burger King, I don't give them my money, As far as I can tell, This Administration as Brought this upon it's self with all of their Corporate Taxers!
So, YEA, Go for Burger King, Give Obama the Finger and Go! Just My Opinion,,,,

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Hubby,,,, be a baby and get Mama another drink,,,,,

Ok, Dear, I'll refill mine, I need to catch up with you,,,,

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join