It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:48 AM
a reply to: ketsuko
I Really, Really Hope Every thing is OK.
I wish they'd open up to you and talk to you, it's important that family help each other and knows what it happening.

I Really Wish The Very best For Your Grandfather.

edit on 18-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:30 AM
a reply to: guohua

Yawn.. stumbles in, blinks wildly looks for coffee..

It was pretty quiet in here all day yesterday. I just sat here listening to music, drinking heavily and smoking like a chimney. Glad to see more smiling faces here this morning.

Yeah put my old avatar clothes back on, the other one was too blue. Kinda hurt my eyes. AboveBoard is helping in an attempt at another revamp of this one or the blue one.

@Expat - agreed, some of those really busy avatars hurt my eyes too. But I kinda like them just as something to dink around with.

Sure hope Scotland frees itself from England today. FREEDOM!!!!

edit on 647am3535am92014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:53 PM
a reply to: Bassago
Good afternoon, I'm still having coffee, I'm goimg to drive to Fry's super market soon, milk is on sell.
$1.97 a gallon, I'm about out and my husband Loves his Milk!

I agree with Expat and alot of other people here at ATS, I think Scotland deserves it chance at Independence.
Just think, It's a Vote, it's Bloodless.

I've also read the other side of this debate and you know, they have some very good concerns.
I did have a concern that I didn't hear being brought up, What of the Scottish Man and Woman that has served the Military for the Queen and draws a pension or receives medical services, does this continue, I hope so, Also, what of the Scottish man or woman that is close to retirement in the Military, what happens to them?

I certainly don't want to hear about any one that has served being denied what they deserve.

The pictures I've seen of their Country is just Beautiful, Never been there, but would like to go.

Time for another Tea and to people watch.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:31 PM
Hey Hey,
it's been a few days. I was tending to life and all is good though.
What's shakin'?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:11 PM
Hi guys. I've been hiding out. Somehow all of those young women I was telling you about found my real address and I've had to take evasive action.

Looks like Scotland is staying British. Apparently there weren't nearly enough people interested in independence. So, conspiracy theorists, which side of the vote was manipulated by the CIA? Were they working for "Yes" or "No?"

I kind of feel sorry for those who believe that their entire life, and that of everyone in the world, is completely controlled by a dark and sinister "Cabal." Neat word, that. You have to use it if you're a conspiracy theorist.

I asked the chat room for possible topics for next Wednesday's show. Pennylemon suggested weekly "fireside chats" discussing events at Hernando's. Another poster suggested one on obesity, another thought Western forest fires were the way to go. Anybody have a thought?

Well, what I think I might need is a tall drink of something with fruit in it. Not a fruity drink, mind you, that goes against the guy code. But something to get me started on the night. And maybe a medium-sized bowl of noodles.

I need a distraction. But I don't know what I want. Anybody have any arguments or topics of discussion I can weigh in on?

I almost forgot, beer and pizza for everybody, I need a happy mob around. All of the pizza commercials show me that there is always a happy mob around their products, and they could hardly be wrong, right?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:49 PM
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut
It's Really Good to see you've come back by, Oh, by the way, we'll need more information than,,,, I Was Tending To Life and All is Good!!
What,,, You Deliver a Baby Or What

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:52 PM
a reply to: guohua and EyesOpenMouthShut

I'm a little worried about "All is good, THOUGH." Though what? Despite the fact that my car blew up on the freeway? Except for my cat getting run over by a construction crew?

Guohua is right. What happened?
edit on 18-9-2014 by charles1952 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:18 PM
a reply to: charles1952
Charles,, it's good to see you in and about, a Fruity drink,,, OK, Tequila Sunrise, Heavy on the Sunrise

You want a Topic, how about ready a Bloodless Vote for Independence, How many times in the history of Man as that Happened?
Or here's a Really good one, in what year did the average American see their first Color TV ?
In was in 1985 in Beijing at the Central Committee office I seen my first color TV.
Then they where allowed to be sold to the Chinese general public.
Of-Course only the wealthy could afford a TV period. By 1982 China had reached over one Billion people for their population and in 1985 China only sold about Four million color TV's and a total of maybe fifteen Million TV's in a country of Over One Billion!
Now Look at Them Today and Look at Americas Standings. Who would you Blame,,, if you were Obama, You'd Blame Bush

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:20 PM
Inquiring Minds Want To know,,,, Right Charles

Hell, you could have took out your on in grow toe nail for all we know!
Out With it,,, My Young Friend!!!

@ Charles, What Happened to your Car? It Blow Up,,, What?
You driving to fast, you don't live in Phoenix and it's not because you didn't have enough coolant in your radiator!
What? You OK?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:30 PM

Charles, How's you Wonderful Mother?
Is she still taking care of our number one Scholar and Gentlemen, I'm sure she is.
Please tell her Hello for us the next time you see her and how we appreciate her.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:39 PM

Thanks guohua. You know a lot about drinks, did you ever spend much time in a bar? Was it part of your official duties?

Hmmmm. . . A bloodless vote for independence? How about the Hebrews leaving Egypt? The American South voted for independence. It would have been bloodless had not Lincoln stepped in.

YEAH!!! Inquiring Minds Want To know,,,, Right Charles Hell, you could have took out your on in grow toe nail for all we know!

"You talking to me?" "YOUNG friend?" I'll have you know I've waved goodbye to 60. I'm getting senior citizen discounts all over the place (or I would if I ever went out to buy something).

My brain is all right, but my mind takes me into scary places. Expat888 saw that in my poem. So did a particularly perceptive lurker who I have not persuaded to join in yet. Sometimes it just lasts a day and I can cope with that. Sometimes, three days, but that doesn't bother me very much. Sometimes it goes a couple of weeks. That's tough because everything I need to do gets abandoned. Once it went on for months. That was ugly and I never want to go through that again, but it's not up to me (I believe).

Among the things I avoid are things that should be pleasurable such as talking to good friends, or walking in the woods. Hernando's was nearly impossible for me to face. But one learns to put on a good face and keep trying as the mood lightens a bit.

I have troubles watching the disintegration of one of my daughters, knowing that I can't help her. A wife left me with $60,000 of debt to deal with, but I have nearly nothing, I live off disability. That means I'm spending more time with lawyers than I care to. Then there are the ordinary daily problems.

Does that answer your question, at least partially? I think I'll have another one of those drinks. Maybe three, so I don't have to ask so often.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:46 PM

Sorry, I missed your question about my mom. You're right, she is unique. I can view her a little more objectively now, and there is none like her. An incredible rags to riches story, but, that's another long post.

I'll tell you this though, her parents immigrated to Canada from Eastern Europe. The government put them on a train with whatever they could carry and dropped them off in the middle of the Manitoba prairie. They spent the first winter living in a cave they dug out of a hillside. The nearest neighbor was a mile away. My mom came from that.

Now, about those drinks?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:51 PM
OK, My Dear Friend your drinks are coming right to you, and I said Drinks! Yes, Two and no, I've never, ever worked in a Bar.
I do have friends of my husband that drink a lot!!!

THIS: YEAH!!! Inquiring Minds Want To know,,,, Right Charles
Hell, you could have took out your on in grow toe nail for all we know!
Was meant from you and I about the comment from EyesOpenMouthShut, my fault the way I sent it.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:11 AM

There's your drinks, now about your Parents, The Canadian Government did this?
I thought my Government was Cruel and Heartless, That's Just Shameful!
The Harsh, Canadian Winters in a Cave, That's incredible! WoW, Just WoW!

Strong family. My husband father was the youngest of eight boys no girls, all born on the Dakota Sioux Indian Reservation.
How life was very bad and he only finished the fourth grade, learned to read and write his name and his families names.

So, it's drinking time and people watching,,

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:15 AM
Expat, What you having?
OK, I we had to go to Safeway for more Rum, we ran out of Rum, Heaven Forbid, But all well now!
I bought some more whisky too, I'm liking the Whisky Sour's my husband makes.
Have any of you ever tried a Segrems Seven & Seven,,, Good!

So who's that over there with the pipe, are you knew?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:48 AM

You've got better eyes than I do. I can't make out the pipe smoker.

Canada? Well, they gave them a place to live, and they managed. Barter worked pretty well when they met the others around them. Vegetable garden, hunting, I think she mentioned apple trees. But this was about 1915-1920. My dad was selling papers on the corners in Winnipeg at the age of 5. Anything to bring in a few pennies.

The really poor seem to find a way to survive, if they can avoid diseases and starvation. They have to go back to the most basic of skills, and rely on other people, but somehow it happens.

I wonder if many Americans today think that they're the greatest thing ever. We're not. We've gained $500 tennis shoes and cell phones, but lost pride, dignity, wisdom, and independence.

Well, in your opinion, who ends up running the world? Russia? China? Islam? A reinvigorated West? Some other player we don't even know about?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:02 AM

Well, in your opinion, who ends up running the world? Russia? China? Islam? A reinvigorated West? Some other player we don't even know about?

You want my Honest Opinion on that?
OK, you did ask, China / America in an Economic stand off, China is growing to fast, China has grown in the middle class and ultra rich class in 15 tears what took America 30 years.
Their bubble is going to Burst and believe it or not, America will be here to Hold China together.
There will be a Partnership After Obama and Not with Hillary, The Chinese Central Committee Do Not Trust or Like Hillary,
But they'll work with about any other.
Russia under Putin is on a Land Grab, remember Putin is Ex, KGB, he wants the Old Glory of Mother Russia back but he fails to understand, it cost Money to support all those Mouths!

He'll bankrupt Russia building up and motorizing their Military and Space ambition with No or very little Monetary return!
No, this is why I've told people in other post in Hernando's Hideaway, If You Want A Job In The Future, Learn Mandarin Chinese!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:04 AM

You've got better eyes than I do. I can't make out the pipe smoker.

Sh^t, I'm seeing Double
I smelled a Pipe or my husband Socks!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:29 AM
a reply to: DISRAELI
Good Morning, How are you to day?
Need a refill on your coffee, I'll get the waiter for you.
OH, how about some Ham and Eggs with a side of toast and jam?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:32 AM
Good morning. I'm feeling very relieved that the sensible party among the Scots haven't succumbed to the deception and the intimidation.
I'm thinking of writing a thread later today on Cameron's ploy of using referenda to call someone's bluff. He's now worked the trick twice, so can he do it a third time?

Does the waiter know what goes into what the guesthouses call a "Full English Breakfast"? In my case, I think, bacon and eggs, and a sausage, and fried tomato and maybe a "fried slice" (of bread, that is).
Oh yes, and coffee.

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>