It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hernando's Hideaway. Another Thread "almost certainly not for you."

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

A fellow coffee drinker.

Then this is a must have emoticon for your collection.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua
I'll have milk, please, but no sugar (cue for standard joke about "being sweet enough already").
Yes, I've always been something of a watcher and listener. I was a student of history, so that was my excuse.
One of my older threads is my diary record of a (very non-violent) student demonstration.
I can still pick up tit-bits. A couple of months back, I was in a town where a by-election was taking place. Skirting round the market-place full of television cameras, I dropped in to a cafe for some coffee, and soon found a group of UKIP party workers at the next table. Perhaps even the candidate himself. One of them was grumbling that they had no balloons, while their opponents had a good store of them. "The balloons bring in the children, and then you can talk to the parents. If we lose this election..." (They did)

edit on 15-9-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago
I don't think I've used an emoticon, but thank you anyway.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Hello = 你好

How are you today? = 你今天感覺如何

We want to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. = 我 们 想 尽 量 令 你 的 逗 留 愉 快 。
This is Traditional Chinese which is what Mandarin is, Simplify Chinese is very similar and just a few characters different.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

OK, got it I think.

早上好,我想咖啡請與兩槍

And if there's a horse anywhere in that sentence please ignore it.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
This UKIP, is this the same party I was reading about,The UK Independence Party, aren't they being accused of exploiting the scandal of sexual grooming gangs for political gain or something like that?

I mean, that's just Gross,,, Politician's in every country need to be removed from their office and just examined very closely.

Only the Common Man and Women should be allowed to run for office, No Lawyer's or Wealthy People or Movie Actors.
Just Beth and Martha and Betty and Joe, John and Sam, your Neighbors.

No Skin in the game no husband or family in Construction like Pelosi's husband or Reid's son.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yes, that's the one.
Not very popular in Scotland, apparently, probably because they are perceived as more pro-English than anything else.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

OK, got it I think.

早上好,我想咖啡請與兩槍

And if there's a horse anywhere in that sentence please ignore it.

I would like some Coffee yes, I don't know about the two shots though!

早上好,我想咖啡請與兩槍 = "Good morning, I would like to coffee and two shots"
OK, Two Shots of Caffeine it is then!!!!! You'll Be Buzzing!!!

My friend Thank you for your support. = 我的朋友感謝您的支持。
edit on 15-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
OK, I'm out of work for the day! Someone please give me a margarita, on the rocks, the stronger, the better. If anyone knows how to make a black voodoo rita ... even better.

Allow me a brief work-related rant:

Please! For the love of Pete, "fun" is NOT an adjective. It is not proper to say that you are reading a fun book or going to be doing fun crafts.

If you don't believe me, go look the word up.

I got so tired of using the quick and dirty fix today ... fun-filled this ... fun-filled that ... Whatever happened to using words like "exciting" or "neat" or words like those? Does no one have a thesaurus anymore?!

(Btw, do we have a scream emoticon ... or maybe a head exploding one?)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
A Black Voodoo for You
Coming right up,,,,, Bar Tender Get Your Butt Over Her to The Ladies Table

You've had an Emotional Day, set down relax, here you go, down just tell us all about it as you listen,,,,,

edit on 15-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Thanks for that.

I'm fine. It's just been a very repetitious month with the same things needing to be fixed over and over. I've been putting in a lot of commas and single quotes because of two book title: Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type and Click, Clack, Boo!: A Tricky Treat. And then, because of how the bookstore decided to work things, they made the first title into a series of books, so have to put single quotes around it because the bookstore in question has no communication between the two internal divisions, and while we get an official corporate material release to fix and use, there is another division that puts out material to the stores and we do not get to see and fix that. That means the stores wind up using THAT material which winds up needing to be fixed at least once for every single store.

And then, for the ones who do a hard copy newsletter, we wind up taking it out after I've fixed it and replacing it with our own, internal versions anyhow ...
But, just in case, I have to still fix them all ... say 600 +.

At least it keeps a paycheck coming in.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So I was wondering. This is a question to all Hernando's.

Do you think the human race will survive the current issues facing it? Issues such as world wide conflicts and war. Global economic war. Mass breakdown of national sovereignty and inequality on a level that has not been seen for decades, maybe centuries. Governments and leaders who care only for their own self preservation and the status quo and are willing to throw everyone else under the bus to maintain that.

I personally think humans will survive this for a while. Even if we are reduced to the Agenda 21 /Georgia Guidestones numbers of 500 million.

I also believe humans will never achieve their potential under the current control structures in place now. Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

What's wrong with you? Aren't we supposed to be disagreeing? Did you have something strange to drink?

As in most questions, there needs to be a definition or two. Does "survive" mean that humans will continue to exist far, far into the future? If so, I'll give you 20 to 1 that you're right.

Now, if you're asking whether humanity will avoid becoming "Inhuman," I'm not so sure. There are possible scenarios where inhumanity could triumph, indeed, it's making inroads as we speak.

Humanity has survived the Great Depression, would economic war be worse? Inequality doesn't destroy humanity. Equality (and I think you mean economic), as a goal, is a relatively recent idea. I'm not sure we could survive equality, but we can certainly survive inequality.

I also believe humans will never achieve their potential under the current control structures in place now. Thoughts?

I'm not sure what you mean by "potential," "control structures," or even "Humans." Do you mean individual gifted humans or humanity as an entire race? Without some control structures, humanity will not even survive.

I need a drink. Would the bartender on duty kindly prepare something which is more or less guaranteed to drop me to the floor? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I had something to get off my chest. I know that should go into the rant forum, but I didn't like that idea. Besides I'm hoping that the lurker who spoke to me about Hernando's will be encouraged to join in.

A withdrawn little man in a long narrow room,
Each day he gets thinner, each day he grows flatter.
He watches mankind face it's obvious doom,
Or it's salvation, does it really matter?

His food tray is full, but ignored every day.
It sits, he's unable to see it's delights,
And all that he sees are the shades of dark gray,
So why make the effort to turn on the lights?

The room has no window but an infinite floor
It goes to an horizon just five feet wide.
The key made of honey that opens the door,
He has eaten, and he's now locked inside.

A Voice can be heard from outside of his world,
But it scares him, he runs from it's words.
There's no banner to fight for, his flag has been furled,
His heart carried away by the flocks of the birds.

He sits, or he stands, there is no way to tell
His guard speaks to him but he is ignored.
The room is too gray to be classical Hell,
But, Oh, how he wishes to be simply bored.

He's been there before, this withdrawn little man,
Each time his escape has come from the outside.
Time, acid, explosions, whatever they can,
To push back, once more, the onrushing tide.

What happens this time, will we ever know?
But really, tell me why does it matter.
One man in a long room has nothing to show
For a life that grows thinner and flatter.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Congratulations to you all!!!!! Hernando's is the fifth most popular thread in the Members Forum in the history of ever!!!!

You've made Hernando's into a warm and welcoming place providing all the needs of a civilized person, including serious discussion, without anger.

I'm trying to think of suitable recognition for your sheer awesomeness. Maybe we could get an Hernando's signature block for members. I really don't know what could possibly reflect and reward the good things you've done here.

Hernando's Forever!! Hip hip, Hooray!!! Hip hip, Hooray!!! Hip hip, Hooray!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Did you have something strange to drink?

Er.. nope. Today I went with a Canadian blend whiskey and Coke. Was that bad?

Humanity has survived the Great Depression, would economic war be worse? Inequality doesn't destroy humanity. Equality (and I think you mean economic), as a goal, is a relatively recent idea.

I believe the great depression will look like a small blip when the current 100-200+ Trillion fiasco comes crashing down. At that point people will wish they were in the great depression. Inequality has been around a long time and people responding to it is usually violent. Think French revolution.

"Never achieve potential" means that as long as most humans live under a debt-slavery system they will never be able to explore their gifts and dreams. They are to busy trying to put food on the table. Control structures simply allude to the current governmental and financial boundaries that limit people from achieving their true dreams.

Interesting poem there Charles and you're asking me if I had something strange to drink? Trying to determine it's underlying meanings now.

edit on 071pm1616pm72014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I don't think we can wipe ourselves out unless maybe we push all the buttons.

I think we underestimate our ability to even do that.

Mother Nature on the other hand? She can wipe us out in the blink of an eye ... relatively speaking.

I think our biggest problem is being guilty about exactly who and what we are. We need to stop feeling bad about it and start striving to find out exactly how far we can go with it. We'll never get off the planet until we do, and I think our real future, if we have one, lies in the stars. I also think the best way to break down those old control structures is to get to the stars, too. Maybe that's why they've stopped trying to get out there?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Of course, those of you who pay attention to my postings know I have a sneaking suspicion, and have for a very long time, that we're all in the homestretch before He comes back anyhow.

Why do I feel this way? Hard to say, but I've had this feeling since high school, so it's not like ATS or recent events has caused it.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hello All, I so very Glad to see my friends here together, Charles your drink is on it's way to you I understand, A WallBanger
or something like that?

Will humans be here, Yes, will we advance No!
Not unless we move to the Heavens and populate Mars and Titan and the other places we can.

America needs to get out of this Bad Idea of Electing Family members and or Spouses and we need to invoke term limits!

Stop electing the Wealthy,,,,,,
Damn it, Get Me a Drink,,, I've Been In a Bad Mood Ever Sense Hillary Started Her Show of Lies!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think our real future, if we have one, lies in the stars.

Now that is beautiful and I agree wholeheartedly. And if the other part you speak of is also true I doubt that God will have any trouble finding us wherever we are.

Let's hope humanity frees itself and focuses toward the stars and our potential destiny. If that doesn't happen eventually scientists will build FTL drives and Earth will look like a bad neighborhood with spaceships fleeing in every direction.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join