It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I have been trying to follow what is oging on in ferguson for a few days, but to no avail.... too many threads, too much info, not organized.... i dont know where to start and what to believe!

So... Can somebody please be so kind as to explain what has happened, how it has developed so far, and what are todays newest developments????

News is not making any sense! plz ATS.... this is too much for a simple thread to answer! help me here!

Please just be careful whose info you trust. There are so many hours of footage from different angles... Even those of us who are honestly reciting what we have seen have not seen it all. For example.. I never saw the "molotov cocktail" being thrown before sheeple so kindly shared the video with us a couple pages back. By the way from the looks and comments of the video... The cocktail was put out by protesters and looks to be thrown from someone who gets in a car and speeds away right afterwards..... Outsiders are escalating this. I wish I knew just WHAT the agenda was.........

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well we should be nearing the hour of police attacking the protesters, if we go by the past few nights. Another imaginary cocktail should be appearing anytime now. Of course no one will see it or film it but it will be reason enough to start launching gas and rubber. Hope I am wrong.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel
And therein lies the difference between a State Guard and the Federal military.

An attacker of a Naval ship would most likely have been a foreign enemy or terrorist.

We simply had to observe US citizens at home.

More of a supplement to local LEO's as appears is the mission tonite. It's supplemental as a guard for the command center. Police will still be dealing with the protestors.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom12
a reply to: AllSourceIntel
And therein lies the difference between a State Guard and the Federal military.

An attacker of a Naval ship would most likely have been a foreign enemy or terrorist.

We simply had to observe US citizens at home.

More of a supplement to local LEO's as appears is the mission tonite. It's supplemental as a guard for the command center. Police will still be dealing with the protestors.

This was applicable as well in home port...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Strange how all the live feeds I watched I didn't see fire.
And how all the reporters and photographers didn't see them either.

I posted a link with a video of Vice Media saying that someone just threw a Molotov Cocktail at The Chop Suey restaurant earlier in this thread, are you saying that you did not watch it?

I'll admit that I was kind of reaching with my last comment, got a little ahead of myself there. Was going to edited it out but decided not to, I hit post with it so decided to keep it there.

Well you're a reasonable person, I have noticed that during you and I's debate.

I do agree they are committing criminal acts, but as far as what I have seen with my own eyes, molotov cocktail throwing was not one of them.
And are you sure chop suey burned down? Cause the protestors put out the fire that night

Well you were not there, but whatever never mind. I thought there were no fires though? Oh boy. I don't know, Not sure if they got the fire out or not, the video ended. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
After watching some of these feeds i`ve come to the conclusion that a lot of these protesters are completely clueless.
They are wandering around aimlessly,with food or drinks in their hands,like they are at the state fair trying to decide if they should go to cow palace next or to the sheep shearing exhibition.
so naive without a clue as to the potentially dangerous situation that they have put themselves into.

edit on 18-8-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

I watched that feed live that night, but yest i watched it.
But yes beyond it ending, tim goes to say that it was put out by the protestors
edit on thMon, 18 Aug 2014 20:57:32 -0500America/Chicago820143280 by Sremmos80 because: tim, not tom

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

It's only dangerous because of the response they keep getting met with.
If continued like this for the night why would it be dangerous?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

a reply to: OptimusCrime

And you asking the point of it is sooo relevant.
You see what you see, I see what I see.
We just have different perceptions I guess.
And with that I'm done responding to you on this thread, good day

It is relevant, why do you keep asking the same sarcastic question over and over hidden behind a sarcastic comment? I've answered your sarcastic question plenty of times and the answer is not going to change.

Thank god you're done replying to me. That's the best news I've heard all night.

Please, please would you two please continue your argument with each other in private messaging... or start a rant thread for just the two of you.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Which part of "protect and serve" does control lean on?

Protect.

The need to control the mob that has formed every night in Ferguson in order to protect both businesses and the people in the community.

I don't think you would be very happy to see what happens if the mod was left to do what they wanted.

I agree. I just don't think that local and state LEOs have the ability to deal with this. They (LEO)caused this escalation by not having any respect from the people they were tasked to protect. Why shouldn't the NG take it from here? The only option local LEO has is to hurt the rioters till they submit. Who can predict how long that is going to take? They clearly command no respect. The National guard have done nothing to hurt these people and I am sure their orders will be respected.

This is not what police should be for. This gives them too much power to be able to provoke violence and assert more control. Even if they had the best of intentions they could still be used to do so by those that don't.

Americans truly are living the Nazi dream. I can imagine how many believe this is o.k just because of the colour of their skin.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Is Tim Pool over on Tim Pool wearing a flack jacket?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
Well we should be nearing the hour of police attacking the protesters, if we go by the past few nights. Another imaginary cocktail should be appearing anytime now. Of course no one will see it or film it but it will be reason enough to start launching gas and rubber. Hope I am wrong.

Oh you must have missed the Vice News video that I posted where the reporter said that he just watched someone throw a Molotov Cocktail at the Chop Suey restaurant? He's probably lying though, because that is what Vice News does right? LMAO!

I bet you missed the other poster's video inside this thread that shows the other reporter telling them that their media guy just got jumped by a band of thugs, and that they stole all their equipment? So I guess they are all lying right? Do you biased people even think? You know, it usually helps when forming an opinion. ~$heopleNation
edit on 18-8-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Have a wonderful evening as well.... Off to grab a fire extinguisher. Not worth my time.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
And here it is folks:

"I spoke to Jay Nixon about this and expressed interest that if it was used, it would be in a limited and appropriate way," Obama said this afternoon. "He described the support role they’d be performing and I’ll be watching to see that it’s helping, not hindering, progress."

Yeah he'll be watching for sure, taking notes and measuring effect and probably signing approval for emergency replacement munitions.

Obama a constitutional lawyer? HA!

We're doomed.

Linky
edit on 18-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: jholt5638
a reply to: jaynkeel

Is Tim Pool over on Tim Pool wearing a flack jacket?

Not sure but I know Joe Biggs is back on scene with a vest.

link   

I watched that feed live that night, but yest i watched it.
But yes beyond it ending, tom goes to say that it was put out by the protestors

I confirm that recollection. Tim filmed the protesters running over to put it out. Fire lasted maybe 10 seconds.

If fires have been the primary feature and more, then where are all the photos of fires raging? The only glow I've been seeing is from the cs-smoke canisters. Fire would be snapped up immediately by the tons of media now present in Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yes, you posted a video that you claimed showed a cocktail being thrown which was the impetus for the firing of tear gas by police. But that video showed just the opposite, the fire broke out at Chop Suey well after the first barrage of tear gas and rubber bullets. And the audio says that protestors were putting the fire out.
Then you posted a still of what you and other claim is a group of people "trying to light a Molotov cocktail" but apparently these people and a lot of others who glommed onto it don't actually know what a Molotov cocktail is.
Here's a bit of info: chemistry.about.com...
In the picture you posted---where is the stoppered bottle? That appears to me to be a can in their hands and I can tell you that if they lit a can that had gasoline inside----no stopper---just a piece of cloth----the results would have been spectacular, something we would have seen immediately because they would have all been on fire.
I have no idea what that pic actually portrays but I know that the msm jumped on it like a dog on a bone. That's probably the same msm that was reporting foam ear plugs were rubber bullets....
I saw a small fire begin after the police fired off tear gas canisters and one hit a dumpster and another one in a yard. Protestors ran immediately and put them out. Or maybe my eyes were lying again...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Americans truly are living the Nazi dream. I can imagine how many believe this is o.k just because of the colour of their skin.

That's the problem, people like you ignorantly assume that it's all about the color of their skin, and maybe yes it is about that to some, but to others like myself it's about the rule of law, and even more so the truth about what is happening out there. Nobody is saying that Law Enforcement is completely innocent here either, but that doesn't mean we are going to ignore idiotic criminals who are acting like lunatics while looting and burning down peoples businesses. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

Ya he has been wearing one since Friday night

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
From what I am hearing on the news, the NG is protecting the command area while the police are out doing crowd control. Doesn't seem like much of a change.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join