It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Excuses excuses excuses, nothing will be done, more oppression and more.

Cowards all of the militia. Racist cowards.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel
Similar sir.

Mine was about an hour away from this site and we dealt with flood looting, not looting inspired by a white officer shooting a young black man.

They may be armed, but it would be a MP unit as I've said previously.

Unit number should be on back bumper in black stencil's. If you have a picture showing that, it would enable ID of the Guard unit and what their MOS is.

ETA:After reviewing your pic's further, they do appear to be MP's.
edit on 18-8-2014 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom12

It was said to be the guard arriving. They had the uniforms that one sees in the pictures of the NG.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Funny how every feed I watched shows something different.
Must be a perception thing.
I guess it doesn't matter to you if a law goes against a constitutional right, a law is a law.

What's the point of this post? I see no relevant information in it other than you regurgitating the same thing you said the past few posts.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
More on the Getty Photographer Scott Olson who was arrested. Olson's been the one taking some of the many used photos of what's been happening in Ferguson by various press.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Scott Olson's images on Getty from Ferguson: www.gettyimages.com...

Another old fashioned truncheon in this photo tweeted by Jim Roberts of Mashable:
twitter.com...

Bob Crilly of The Telegraph UK is still down there, tweeting a lot of images:
twitter.com...

Ryan Reilly of Huffington Post is still on the scene:
twitter.com...

Jon Swaine of the Guardian UK. He also has a tweet about a young man being arrested for briefly failing to keep moving (not good):
twitter.com...

Hunter Stuart of Huffington Post has apparently been in communication with McDonald's on the subject of the purported "looting" last night. McDonald's has stated that there was no looting at the McDonald's last night:
twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

originally posted by: freedom12
a reply to: TechniXcality
I had not read this mission, but assume MP's will be used.

I do not believe they will be armed even though they probably are carrying.

Reasons are as follows-

a)Operational command is still through the police, as stated in orders.

b)liability concerns

c)Kent State

d)personal experience in looting/flood control/security while a member of the Guard(we had the same rules, do not engage, contact law enforcement)

Are you delusional? "i do not believe they will be armed even though they are probably carrying"
Apparently you do not understand the word "armed"

Here is how this post could have gone better: "is not 'armed' and 'carrying' the same thing, playing symantics? What is the distinction between the two?"

You are talking to someone with first hand account of how the gaurd in that area operates...and her points are legitimate and make sens from an ROE standpoint...but I that doesn't mean questions should not be posed and concerns not expressed.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

And you asking the point of it is sooo relevant.
You see what you see, I see what I see.
We just have different perceptions I guess.
And with that I'm done responding to you on this thread, good day

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

I had not read this mission, but assume MP's will be used.

I do not believe they will be armed even though they probably are carrying.

Reasons are as follows-

a)Operational command is still through the police, as stated in orders.

b)liability concerns

c)Kent State

d)personal experience in looting/flood control/security while a member of the Guard(we had the same rules, do not engage, contact law enforcement)

Are you delusional? "i do not believe they will be armed even though they are probably carrying"

Here is how this post could have gone better: "is not 'armed' and 'carrying' the same thing, playing symantics? What is the distinction between the two?"

You are talking to someone with first hand account of how the gaurd in that area operates...and her points are legitimate and make sens from an ROE standpoint...but I that doesn't mean questions should not be posed and concerns not expressed.

sure, until she negates everything she has said by displaying incompetency with the subject matter.
I admit to being abrasive but that doesn't negate the truth of the matter

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Similar sir.

Mine was about an hour away from this site and we dealt with flood looting, not looting inspired by a white officer shooting a young black man.

They may be armed, but it would be a MP unit as I've said previously.

Unit number should be on back bumper in black stencil's. If you have a picture showing that, it would enable ID of the Guard unit and what their MOS is.

ETA:After reviewing your pic's further, they do appear to be MP's.

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt that it would be anything but MP's...and I wouldn't doubt that there was some intel there as well...former Naval Intel here.

I only ask the questions and pointed to the pics because of the tension and confusion surronding this particular circumstance...the enviroment is rich for mistakes...as we have all seen.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Jon Swaine of the Guardian UK. He also has a tweet about a young man being arrested for briefly failing to keep moving (not good):

Yes...this is very good.

This is how you restore control and peace...you don't wait until they start throwing Molotov's and shooting...you send a strong message during the day that if you fail to comply with law enforcements orders then you will be arrested. They have already cleared the street of cars, which is also a good thing.

They should have done this kind of thing last Sunday, if they did this instead of playing with kid gloves, we wouldn't be in the situation we are in today.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Why did you put the word "men" in quotation marks? Because they look so young? After tonight they'll be men!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves
They are going to be bankrupt just paying for all the police overtime, then those protesting fools will start crying when their taxes are raised to pay for all this.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I didn't hear everything as I was typing and reading...but did anyone catch all that chatter on the scanner about barricades being moved about?

I couldn't tell if it was the public messing with barricades or the police/NG moving them about...
edit on PMMondayMondayth2014000000Mon, 18 Aug 2014 19:51:29 -05002014-08-18T19:51:29-05:00America/Chicago1 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
I can only hope the rest of the country learns from watching this and realizes that you can't act up and expect not to have a police state. If you act civil and coordinate your efforts in a positive way, you will get positive results.

im proud of you,
thats the first relevant post from you in quite some time
EDIT: i even gave it a star

I've been arguing that fact all along. I don't know why you failed to see it.

You should have come out and said it instead of all the rhetoric

I've been straight to the point on more than enough occasions. If you can't understand what I'm posting than that's your problem, not mine. If you don't like what I have to say, call it rhetoric if you want, just another excuse which doesn't bother me what so ever, I'm used to the excuses in this thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Are you delusional?

Nit pick much?

I was simply trying to point out that, although weapons may be visible on Guard troops, they are, IN MOST CASES, not loaded with ammunition.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

and protests are being allowed. They are being told they cannot stop and congregate, which is fair.

Holy smolley! Somebody needs to read the 1st amendment. The words "peaceably assemble" are in that document. From what I've seen of today's activities, the assemblies and marches were peaceable and yet people were being arrested because some fool declared martial law.

Forced marches "protected" by military---- bring back accounts of the Trail of Tears to me...

All the evidence that I needed to see to know that the police were completely out of control was to see them pointing weapons at obviously unarmed persons in the form of the media. My own ears heard the cop threaten to shoot a member of the media even though he knew the person was a media representative.
Now had that incident been an isolated one, I would say not to paint with a broad brush, just like I've said that the looters were not to be lumped with the protestors. However, there are literally dozens of images of police with their weapons pointed at people who are obviously not a threat to them.
The msm seems determined to make this a "race" issue when clearly it is a "police over-reach and brutality" issue.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

You call arresting people for briefly failing to stop moving a good idea in 90 degree weather? Tear gas and rubber bullets aren't kid gloves. In fact, Thursday's protest was not a forced march if you want to protest and it went quite well for hours. You have a very interesting and disturbing perspective of things, kruphix.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Are you delusional?

Nit pick much?

I was simply trying to point out that, although weapons may be visible on Guard troops, they are, IN MOST CASES, not loaded with ammunition.

Being deployed to a US city with civil unrest tasked with a defense position, they are most certainly loaded and armed means carrying a weapon

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
If the guard aren`t issued live ammo then what the heck are they doing there?
IT seems like they are just being made targets with no way to defend themselves.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Shhhh! Don't be telling the rioters that! If that's true, they should go awol! Absolute lunacy. What's the point in having them there if they have no ammo?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join