It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Sorry, your wrong according to second amendment supporters.

Americans being oppressed both their government, and the militia ate nowhere to be found.

It's because these Americans are black that's why. The militias doing care because they are for fascism not freedom.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: WhiteAlice

i don't see how you could prevent police from overstepping at all. they are individuals this rule and its logistics make absolutely no sense. this is a huge event hundreds upon hundred involoved how could you keep them in perpetual movement yet setting up break zones, what if you are old, or of normal american health and cant walk as far as predetermined by law enforcement? This rule on protest gives to much power to the authority's which are conveniently in the lime light.

That was actually my point. If I were in that march, as someone who is disabled but not wheelchair bound (yet--hopefully never), eventually one of my hips would dislocate or my feet would swell to the point where I would be in so much pain that I'd have to sit down. In that situation, I would personally hate to be arrested for any sort of "illegal congregation" simply because I'm disabled and needed to rest. Trust me, I get it and that's why I was stating that they should be allowing people to stop and rest as needed. It should be allowed so that all can execute their first amendment rights regardless of disability or age; otherwise, that risks a whole other form of discrimination.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Unless it's an MP unit sir(Military Police) then they will not be armed sir. Jus

The TV reports show men with side arms plus snipers on the roofs.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

Why are you linking something from wednesday night as if it were today

Because someone asked me to prove that there were Molotov Cocktails thrown during this situation, there was no specific day ever mentioned, and what the hell does it matter? You were in the discussion, don't pretend like you were not now.

Oh so if they were throwing Molotov Cocktails earlier in the week, that's not as bad eh? You don't like being proved wrong, now do you my friend?

Well guess what, you are wrong, and I am right. Suck it up and show some honor. How about this, Do you approve of what these idiotic fools are doing in that image, Yes or no? ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is a good live feed

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom12

With all due respect, I do have to ask how they could not be armed if they are...

"Nixon said the Guard's "immediate and limited responsibilities" are to "provide protection, and ensure the safety of our Unified Command Center, which was the target last night of a coordinated attack. The Guard will concentrate its resources on carrying out this limited mission."

I was 11bravo enlisted so i don't understand could you further explain?
edit on 18-8-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

I was one that asked you, and thought I even said i knew about the picture of the a group unsuccessfully lighting one.
My question is where is the multiple molotovs thrown at police last night like they claim.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

you cant characterize a whole group by the few, or you can and look pretty dumb to the people you do it to. your choice

You shouldn't make reckless assumptions, or you look pretty dumb to the people that you make them about. How about you prove that I think everyone out there is lighting Molotov Cocktails? Good luck guy.

~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Unless it's an MP unit sir(Military Police) then they will not be armed sir. Jus

The TV reports show men with side arms plus snipers on the roofs.

Can you see them close enough to determine if those "men" are Guardsmen??

I've seen the police and who know's else dressed up in full military gear for a week now.

Most of Missouri's Nat Guard MP Unit's are at Fort Leonard Wood for their 2 week summer training. There's also rules about using folks in the Guard who may be from the local St Louis Metro area , so chances are, any Guard unit used would be more than an hour away.
edit on 18-8-2014 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

How about i not prove some irrelevant argument that your asking me to prove.

Instead ill prove you characterized a whole group and i chastised you like child for doing so and your feelings got hurt.
You said,

"Check out the peaceful protestors folks! I am sure they are just filling up water balloons though.

~$heopleNation "

also noted you posted this without any context or concern with what what being talked about at the time, which further means your just a troll.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom12
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

My own experience as I posted.

Have you been in this experience? Not discounting your experience, but each is unique.

It appears that they are armed with at least with a 9mm...and probably pepper spray, cuffs, batton...it looks like they have a standard issue belt setup...

More national guard troops arriving

More of the Missouri National Guard scene in

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm hopeful that maybe the protestors will be told no saggy pants. Enough already... don't they have any manners? Don't they know where this behavior originated and what it means? Pants up, don't loot! Read that last night on one of the live-streams. Charge them with indecent exposure!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Curiously, 6 days ago a white suspect in St. Louis assaulted 2 police officers during a home invasion in which he was wanted for another burglary. He broke 1 of the officers hand and kicked the other. He was apprehended safely.

www.kmov.com...
edit on 18-8-2014 by gorsestar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I was one that asked you

I know exactly who asked me.

,and thought I even said i knew about the picture of the a group unsuccessfully lighting one.
My question is where is the multiple molotovs thrown at police last night like they claim.

No you never said that, at least I do not recall. Some of you would not believe it unless one was tossed right at you. If they are doing it one night, they are most likely doing it on another. Fires do not start themselves.

Look at the videos, there is nothing but smoke everywhere, of course we are not going to have loads of pictures of them doing it, they are not trying to be filmed or seen. Plus, there are way more tear gas canisters being launched than Molotov Cocktails, I'll give you that. ~$heopleNation
edit on 18-8-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Can some one post the live feeds again?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
I had not read this mission, but assume MP's will be used.

I do not believe they will be armed even though they probably are carrying.

Reasons are as follows-

a)Operational command is still through the police, as stated in orders.

b)liability concerns

c)Kent State

d)personal experience in looting/flood control/security while a member of the Guard(we had the same rules, do not engage, contact law enforcement)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

also noted you posted this without any context or concern with what what being talked about at the time, which further means your just a troll.

It's not about me, it's about the discussion, and this has been going on all day where the hell have you been? Hey, don't get all butt hurt because I provided the evidence that backs up my position. I know its hard being wrong, but it happens to the best of us guy. You may want to go ever the rules here at ATS. Attack the message, not the messenger. You're clearly the only one who is trolling. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom12
a reply to: TechniXcality
I had not read this mission, but assume MP's will be used.

I do not believe they will be armed even though they probably are carrying.

Reasons are as follows-

a)Operational command is still through the police, as stated in orders.

b)liability concerns

c)Kent State

d)personal experience in looting/flood control/security while a member of the Guard(we had the same rules, do not engage, contact law enforcement)

Are you delusional? "i do not believe they will be armed even though they are probably carrying"
Apparently you do not understand the word "armed"

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

No need to have one tossed at me, just some evidence of them. There is not a lack of coverage of these protests and police response. Both nights there was cameras at the police line and cameras withing the protestors and only one fire has been caught and that was at a restaurant.
And clear smoke does not cover up fire, you would see it.

I hope to not see this, but this is what it looks like when molotovs get thrown at police

eta: protesters-try-unsuccessfully-light-molotov-cocktail-wednesday-aug-photo
That is the title of your link btw, so there was context to it and it says they unsuccessfully light it.
So it does not prove the use of molotov's just them failing to light one
edit on thMon, 18 Aug 2014 19:40:36 -0500America/Chicago820143680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Scott Olson, the Getty photographer arrested this afternoon for reportedly being outside a media zone, has been on the scene for days.

This is one of his photographs some may recognize.

Missouri authorities deserves to be bankrupt after they have to settle the lawsuits they are sure to face for treating peaceful protesters and media like criminals and caged animals to be gassed and assaulted.

More of the images he has captured in Ferguson here

I hope he is released and aiming his camera quickly.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join