It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Live feeds I have up currently (same as last night): www.livestream.com...

www.livestream.com...

These are the only ones I see active at the moment.

Some more feeds...

Ferguson, Mo Live

#FergusonLive: Monday, 8/18/2014

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
a reply to: freedom12
Why did you put the word "men" in quotation marks? Because they look so young? After tonight they'll be men!

I was simply using "men" in reference to another poster claiming that the Nat Guard had snipers on roofs. He simply claims seeing pic's of snipers in camo and assumes they're NG, forgetting the hundred's of LEO's running around in full battle gear for the previous 9 days prior to Guards arrival.
edit on 18-8-2014 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

The words "peaceably assemble" are in that document.

Yes and I didn't realize that assemble didn't include standing in one spot.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Show us that they are not the NG if you are so sure.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

You call arresting people for briefly failing to stop moving a good idea in 90 degree weather?

In this situation and in this environment, yes.

Police need to exert control decisively and early.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Informative link pertaining to National Guard domestic law enforcement operations. Rules for use of force can be found in chapter 4-4.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Shhhh! Don't be telling the rioters that! If that's true, they should go awol! Absolute lunacy. What's the point in having them there if they have no ammo?

I said the same thing to my commanding officer. He simply said that it's ROE. Get on the radio, call it in to local LEO, and observe the subjects, without physical confrontation.

Plus, we were dealing with rednecks, far more likely in that area to be armed than someone in Ferguson

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Excuses excuses excuses, nothing will be done, more oppression and more.

Cowards all of the militia. Racist cowards.

Short memories?

Remember not so long ago when the Progressives bashed, slammed, cursed, spit on, demoralized, criticized, called the "militias" racists and every other name they could think of ????

Now what was your question again ?

My question is;....

Where are the Progressive support groups ?

They seem to be a little thin in Ferguson.

Not to mention the utter and complete failure.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: OptimusCrime

And you asking the point of it is sooo relevant.
You see what you see, I see what I see.
We just have different perceptions I guess.
And with that I'm done responding to you on this thread, good day

It is relevant, why do you keep asking the same sarcastic question over and over hidden behind a sarcastic comment? I've answered your sarcastic question plenty of times and the answer is not going to change.

Thank god you're done replying to me. That's the best news I've heard all night.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Excuses excuses excuses, nothing will be done, more oppression and more.

Cowards all of the militia. Racist cowards.

Can you please explain to me which militias are racist and which are not with proof to back up your comments? I'm surprised your comment has not been removed yet as it's way off topic and I've had comments removed for way less than calling an entire group of people racists.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Perhaps you are a child. I am an adult. I have no need to be 'controlled.' Neither do ANY of the lawful protestors out there at Ferguson. And we damn well will not be forcibly controlled by an occupation force.

You sir; are nothing more than a Redcoat as far as I am concerned. Isn't there a jack boot you should be licking right now?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: WhiteAlice

You call arresting people for briefly failing to stop moving a good idea in 90 degree weather?

In this situation and in this environment, yes.

Police need to exert control decisively and early.

I can't help but think that someone with half a brain and a little authority could have easily defused the situation with a megaphone. As long as this someone wasn't trying to cover up a crime.

Which part of "protect and serve" does control lean on?

I hope the National Guard takes over because the local LEOs have clearly lost the respect of their community. Since "control" is the only thing that can work at this point, it should be left to those that are properly trained and proven the right mental capacity to perform effectively in this situation.
edit on 18-8-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom12

Shhhh! Don't be telling the rioters that! If that's true, they should go awol! Absolute lunacy. What's the point in having them there if they have no ammo?

I said the same thing to my commanding officer. He simply said that it's ROE. Get on the radio, call it in to local LEO, and observe the subjects, without physical confrontation.

Plus, we were dealing with rednecks, far more likely in that area to be armed than someone in Ferguson

Could that have been command ROE? Which can be more restrictive? Especially considering your mission

Manuals and regulations do allow for use of force noted by what AphoticJoe posted...and other manuals...I have a ton my computer.

I know standing security in the Navy, our use of force if someone rushed the pier or ship was up to equal force being met.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: kruphix

Perhaps you are a child. I am an adult. I have no need to be 'controlled.' Neither do ANY of the lawful protestors out there at Ferguson. And we damn well will not be forcibly controlled by an occupation force.

You sir; are nothing more than a Redcoat as far as I am concerned. Isn't there a jack boot you should be licking right now?

Stop lying to yourself, you are already controlled...everyone is.

That is why we have a society, without control, there is no society.

I am not a child, but I am not a naïve revolutionary either.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Which part of "protect and serve" does control lean on?

Protect.

The need to control the mob that has formed every night in Ferguson in order to protect both businesses and the people in the community.

I don't think you would be very happy to see what happens if the mod was left to do what they wanted.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
And clear smoke does not cover up fire, you would see it.

I hope to not see this, but this is what it looks like when molotovs get thrown at police

You can see fire in most of the videos, but that is not enough for you guys, so I did not bother even mentioning it. You can see fire in a lot of them though. Those tear gas canisters spark and can start fires as well too, and I understand that, so....

eta: protesters-try-unsuccessfully-light-molotov-cocktail-wednesday-aug-photo
That is the title of your link btw, so there was context to it and it says they unsuccessfully light it.
So it does not prove the use of molotov's just them failing to light one

Oh come on sremmos, You are reaching now bro. I will give you credit for effort, but it would not matter if I had a video of them throwing them, which I will soon locate I assure you of that, you still would say it was doctored.

Hey man you know whatever, but they are committing criminal acts and you know it. Just because they didn't get those lighted in the rain, does not mean that they did not get them lighted other times. Which they obviously did, because the Chop Suey restaurant burned down. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AphoticJoe
Excellent info! I hope the Guardsman have been given an abbreviated set of rules. If rioters throw stuff at you, deadly force is authorized. I guess I'll say it 1st... I don't care, it's true. Most of the National Guard troops I've seen so far have been white guys. This is going to cause extra animosity with the rioters. Just saying...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It was my intention simply to point out that IN THE PAST, when Nat Guard has been called out across the country, most occasions they may have been carrying weapons, but that they were not loaded.

MP's would be the only MOS probably allowed to carry live ammo in these situations.

I simply made an assumption, that since many MP units in Missouri are at Fort Leonard Wood for annual summer training(I have a friend there right now), that a MOS other than MP's would be used.

Judging just by uniform and sidearms, these Guard troops at Ferguson are MP's. So, yes, the probably are carrying a loaded sidearm.

Also, the majority of MP's, tend to be LEO's in their civilian jobs.

The real question is- Has the Guard been given authority to use Deadly Force?
edit on 18-8-2014 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Strange how all the live feeds I watched I didn't see fire.
And how all the reporters and photographers didn't see them either.

I'll admit that I was kind of reaching with my last comment, got a little ahead of myself there. Was going to edited it out but decided not to, I hit post with it so decided to keep it there.

I do agree they are committing criminal acts, but as far as what I have seen with my own eyes, molotov cocktail throwing was not one of them.
And are you sure chop suey burned down? Cause the protestors put out the fire that night

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join