It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
At what point is it okay to punish an entire group for the actions of a few? a reply to: WhiteAlice

I'd recommend watching the first 45 minutes of a movie called Full Metal Jacket!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Ya i am watching tim pool right now. So far he has had the best coverage. He tired to get in the thick of things,

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

I think everyone fully comprehends that there are indeed people using these times to cause destruction and mayhem. Even employing the use of molotov cocktails to achieve that objective. The problem is that those individuals and their actions are being used by some to represent the entirety of the protestors.

I understand that FraggleRock, but like I said before, would it not be better for the protestors to protest during the day, instead of at the same time as the looters and bad guys? It just seems that it would prevent exactly what you're addressing to me.

By the way, big Gobo fan here. What was his Uncle's name again, Travelling Matt? Loved that dude as a kid. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Some kind of altercation......

people running, police.....

Feed

link   

originally posted by: freedom12
At what point is it okay to punish an entire group for the actions of a few? a reply to: WhiteAlice

I'd recommend watching the first 45 minutes of a movie called Full Metal Jacket!

NoGo. Military training and protocol don't extend to the civilian sector

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya i am watching tim pool right now. So far he has had the best coverage. He tired to get in the thick of things,

Yeah me too, he is doing a good job. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom12

Ya but marines always punish the many for the few.
It's different when you join the military and give up your rights

Ah, eyes beat me to it!
edit on thMon, 18 Aug 2014 21:27:04 -0500America/Chicago820140480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Police just made an arrest.

I'm not sure what the man did, but arresting one individual vs firing tear gas, sound weapons and rubber bullets into crowds of peaceful protesters. That is an improvement....so far.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Is the curfew is off now ?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

I'm not sure what the man did, but arresting one individual vs firing tear gas, sound weapons and rubber bullets into crowds of peaceful protesters. That is an improvement....so far.

Tim said they asked the guys to move with the flow of the crowd and they decided to walk backward into the cops so they arrested the guy.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

Well hopefully it was arrest that were for more than just standing still, but I agree with your statement still

link   

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86
Is the curfew is off now ?

Yes

link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Just pointing out what is causing the round and round from my perspective because it was going on for pages. I think it's the first time I've responded to this as well so my remark about "getting called out" is not in regards to me but to those who you are going back and forth with. I chimed in to simply try to resolve it so that updates to the thread on what is currently occurring can be more easily spotted.

As far as my voice drying out, that's hard to do as I'm typing. I suppose next time I can assist this in happening by yelling at my monitor when I post to you so my voice starts to dry from hereon out. Also as a note, I cannot normally spin as I have problems with Meniere's. However, I will try to also throw in spinning after taking some anti-motion sickness pills first.

Anything to help.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeQuebec86

no curfew....

cancelled by governor

the national guard needs something to do all night.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The "good black cop" is taking on Fox stream. But inaudible almost.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

a reply to: 00nunya00

What feed did you hear that on?
The one I am watching didn't have that, could be different protestors tho

Credo stream on youtube, I believe. I heard something kind of similar but I honestly couldn't make it out well enough to be certain of what was being chanted. I can see how nunya got that interpretation so validating what s/he heard. However, I really couldn't make out what exactly was being chanted. Could've been "shoot black" or any other variety of things. It's not on there now unfortunately.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Thank you, and yes, I could have been wrong (wouldn't be the first time or the last, lol!) It was only a few people each time (I've heard it sporadically) and sounded like others were disapproving and getting the chant back to "Hands up don't shoot" so not a huge faction, definitely.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

originally posted by: diggindirt
I saw a small fire begin after the police fired off tear gas canisters and one hit a dumpster and another one in a yard. Protestors ran immediately and put them out. Or maybe my eyes were lying again...

Look, I am not going to walk you through this entire thread, and it's more like your brain is denying again. Like I said before, even if there was a video of it that clearly showed them throwing cocktails, you excuse makers and apologists would claim that it is doctored and a fake. What part of this image do you not comprehend, because Enquiring minds want to know?

~$heopleNation

Thugs Attempt to Light Molotov Cocktails in Ferguson

No need to "walk" me through the thread because I've read the entire thread. I also watched at the time via live feeds that the cops fired tear gas before that fire happened at Chop Suey. The police claim that they fired in response to Molotov cocktails being thrown "at police" and yet they haven't given us one bit of evidence of the truth of that statement.
My brain is okay, thank you. Your constant allegations of Molotov cocktails is simply silly since we see absolutely no evidence at all that it has happened. I know you have seen the pix of actual Molotovs and their results so you can't be that thick. I heard with my own ears the Captain say at the press conference that no police officers have been injured. What I have yet to see or hear is any evidence of the reports of "hundreds of businesses looted and burned" as reported in msm and by police apologists.
As I posted earlier, Vice reporter just walked past a few of the building that the police apologists say were "burned to the ground"----pretty quick rebuilding going there I'd say.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Yes, I believe day time protests would result in a less chaotic environment.

Traveling Matt was Gobo Fraggle's Uncle, you would be correct.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

a reply to: new_here

Agreed - best coverage of all, and I like his style. He is calm, unassuming and well-spoken. Is he wearing a bullet proof vest tonight? (Just curious, I don't really know what they look like. And I wouldn't blame anyone in that situation out there for wearing one!)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
United nations Human rights observers are in ferguson now, that should make us all feel better

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join