It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Got a full stomach and ready to dig in for the night...did I miss anything? Had streams in background while eating but didn't make out anything special.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There's 2 reasons the Guard was called-

1)Manpower. This event is in it's 10th day. Ferguson PD has to be exhausted. The black State Trooper brought in to take over looked so wore out when he was speaking yesterday, I felt sorry for him. Troopers have been brought in from around the state, leaving their home districts with less coverage. St Louis Co Sheriff's deputies have put in ton's of hours of OT also. City, county, and state police are maxed out. So bring in the Guard to help relieve this problem.

2)Show of force. Simply that.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
CNN : The man arrest was because he was stand still.

Police States of 'Merica!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
Just pointing out what is causing the round and round from my perspective because it was going on for pages. I think it's the first time I've responded to this as well so my remark about "getting called out" is not in regards to me but to those who you are going back and forth with. I chimed in to simply try to resolve it so that updates to the thread on what is currently occurring can be more easily spotted.

No big deal, misunderstanding happen all the time. I didn't mean to be rude. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I am watching the feed provided by xuenchen, and is it just me or was there some fancy-dressed "preacher" getting mouthy with the officers?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Arrest for failure to disperse. Protesters are being forced to keep moving. Arrests earlier in the day. No "smoke"

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

Just pointing out what is causing the round and round from my perspective because it was going on for pages. I think it's the first time I've responded to this as well so my remark about "getting called out" is not in regards to me but to those who you are going back and forth with. I chimed in to simply try to resolve it so that updates to the thread on what is currently occurring can be more easily spotted.

No big deal, misunderstanding happen all the time. I didn't mean to be rude. ~$heopleNation

I don't agree with your views on this situation, but your reply quoted here deserves some applause and acknowledgement for civility. Let's all keep up the respect!

Edit: wait, I might be confusing your views with someone else's, there two "sheep"-usernames in the thread right now, and I'm all confuddled, lol. Anyways, still deserves applause whatever your views
)
edit on 18-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom12
There's 2 reasons the Guard was called-

1)Manpower. This event is in it's 10th day. Ferguson PD has to be exhausted. The black State Trooper brought in to take over looked so wore out when he was speaking yesterday, I felt sorry for him. Troopers have been brought in from around the state, leaving their home districts with less coverage. St Louis Co Sheriff's deputies have put in ton's of hours of OT also. City, county, and state police are maxed out. So bring in the Guard to help relieve this problem.

2)Show of force. Simply that.

Sounds about right, especially show of force. There is an intimidation factor that goes to calling in the troops. The problem is, or rather, the thing is, we shouldn't be intimidated and that should be shown...is being shown...hopefully remaining peaceful.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeQuebec86

Tim is reporting officers are being fired at with live ammo and they bringing in the NG

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86
CNN : The man arrest was because he was stand still.

Police States of 'Merica!

He was asked to keep moving and decided to walk backwards into the crowd to be a smart ass. Tim even said that. I've been watching Tim Poole for hours now and he's one of the only one's arrested on this particular feed. As of right now the keep it moving thing seems to be working, whether you want to admit it or not, there has been no violence and the protesters are getting to state their point.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

That's good, all good for now.
2nd line

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

Have a link to a feed?

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jholt5638
a reply to: FreeQuebec86

Tim is reporting officers are being fired at with live ammo and they bringing in the NG

Spoke too soon...have the link?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

There are approximately 100 ministers from the community who chose to dress in uniform tonight and be out with the protesters and officers to encourage calm, based on an interview I saw earlier today.

The minister being interviewed had lost a son who he said was gunned down in St. Louis.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
whats the link for pool again? And thanks to whom provides

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Thugs Attempt to Light Molotov Cocktails in Ferguson

No need to "walk" me through the thread because I've read the entire thread.

Well I think that I may have to, cause the evidence is right in front of your face. What, do you think that just because when the reporter was standing there with them and that they didn't get them lighted, that when he walked away, any other time during the night they did not? I mean, do you understand what a load of bs that is?

]As I posted earlier, Vice reporter just walked past a few of the building that the police apologists say were "burned to the ground"----pretty quick rebuilding going there I'd say.

I posted the video that showed the protestors putting the fire out, and Vice Media validating it, as well as Vice Media validating that someone threw a Molotov Cocktail at the Chop Suey Joint. Doesn't matter if other protestors put the fire out, others there supposedly peacefully protesting started it. That's my point.

Anyway, these issues are emotionally heated, and sometimes people get very passionate about them, and I understand that. I respect everyone's opinion here, and I still enjoy the discussion even if some of us disagree. Let's see what happens tonight. I hope nobody is harmed on either side. ~$heopleNation
edit on 18-8-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: 00nunya00

What feed did you hear that on?
The one I am watching didn't have that, could be different protestors tho

Credo stream on youtube, I believe. I heard something kind of similar but I honestly couldn't make it out well enough to be certain of what was being chanted. I can see how nunya got that interpretation so validating what s/he heard. However, I really couldn't make out what exactly was being chanted. Could've been "shoot black" or any other variety of things. It's not on there now unfortunately.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Thank you, and yes, I could have been wrong (wouldn't be the first time or the last, lol!) It was only a few people each time (I've heard it sporadically) and sounded like others were disapproving and getting the chant back to "Hands up don't shoot" so not a huge faction, definitely.

No problem. It definitely raised an eyebrow but it was very short lived. It's kind of the problem with chants and marches that I've seen before. Like on the 14th in NYC, someone started chanting "whose streets? our streets" and it got picked up for a few before someone took it back over to "hands up, don't shoot". You start doing the echo thing and you just start echoing without much thought. Then go, "uhh what did I just say?" lol

Glad to chime in that I heard it, too. Seems like there might be a noxious element in the crowd yet again. Not cool.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
With them checkpoints it's getting a bit

"Ihre Papiere, bitte!"

"Your papers, please"

link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Maybe I was wrong, I just started listening maybe he was recapping
Vice News

link   
Gunshots it sounds like and police flying back.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join