It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Cnn reports the national guard in Ferguson.Waiting for tonight.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TurtleSmacker

Yes me as well im glad we could finally catch that bandit and put an end to her old ways.

twitter.com...]Hedy Epstein/url
edit on 18-8-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

i lean conservative and this crap is way beyond what i feel should be happening, this is no longer about MB as much as its about everyone's constitutional rights period, i may not agree with rhetoric involving the shooting. But i cant stand for our rights being stripped of us! so even if you dont agree everyone has a right to protest!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
I can only hope the rest of the country learns from watching this and realizes that you can't act up and expect not to have a police state. If you act civil and coordinate your efforts in a positive way, you will get positive results.

im proud of you,
thats the first relevant post from you in quite some time
EDIT: i even gave it a star

I've been arguing that fact all along. I don't know why you failed to see it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

I can only hope the rest of the country learns from watching this and realizes that you can't act up and expect not to have a police state. If you act civil and coordinate your efforts in a positive way, you will get positive results.

im proud of you,
thats the first relevant post from you in quite some time
EDIT: i even gave it a star

I've been arguing that fact all along. I don't know why you failed to see it.

You should have come out and said it instead of all the rhetoric

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

I don't disagree.

I can only hope the rest of the country learns from watching this and realizes that you can't act up and expect not to have a police state.

Oh dear...

a reply to: AllSourceIntel

It has been noted that there are many trolls, shills, etc on ATS, but this also is a common theme in normal, regular internet conversation across the entire internets of conversation as it is in verbal, and non-verbal, communication in real-life, perhaps symbolizing a deteriating "forum of debate" in a "market place of ideas" that we have held so blessed in America.

Indeed. I suppose it's a somewhat unavoidable side-effect when people are free to say whatever they wish from beyond the veil of electronic anonymity. Not that I would have it any other way, because I've found that it's one of the best ways to find intellectually stimulating conversations and exchanges of thought, keeping in mind that one must separate a good deal of chaff to find the nourishing grains of wisdom.

link   
Getty photographer has been arrested.

Police in Ferguson arrest Getty photographer Scott Olson

Also pertinent, KKK is scheduling a gathering in nearby Sullivan according to the Mayor of Sullivan:

www.sullivan.mo.us...
edit on 18/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added second link

link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

and protests are being allowed. They are being told they cannot stop and congregate, which is fair.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It might be fair to you in your opinion, but to me that sounds like a forced march. Which is by far and large either slavery and/or torture method. I do agree that SOME good can come of it, as long as there is an allowed "rest spot" for people to go to, who cant keep walking.
edit on 18-8-2014 by scghst1 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

and protests are being allowed. They are being told they cannot stop and congregate, which is fair.

Why is fair to not allow to people to not stop and congregate?
That is some more over stepping by the cops

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: scghst1

It might be fair to you in your opinion, but to me that sounds like a forced march. Which is by far and large either slavery and/or torture method. I do agree that SOME good can come of it, as long as there is an allowed "rest spot" for people to go to, who cant keep walking.

The bold is my doing there. That would be about the only way I can agree with this "method". If they're willing to allow people to stop & rest, hopefully in regularly spaced spots, at least it's available. Forcing them to keep moving even though exhaustion and such would be reaaaaally pushing it with the rights.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I assume you somehow think it's fair, because under some logic I can't guess, you think this will prevent rioting and looting.

So what's fair about how journalists are being treated? So far, we've gassed them, dismantled their equipment, corralled them at night, gave them 'special spots' in the daytime, arrested them, or threaten to arrest them....

Strange notion of fairness.
edit on 18-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Xcathdra come on, be real a freaking 90 year old holocaust survivor was arrested for not moving. this is ridiculous and infuriating no matter how deep our bias.

link   
Here you are second amendment proponents, your opportunity.

From what I've seen, there won't be any militia presence in Ferguson. Even though the situation desperately needs the militia.

Who's protecting these Americans? Not the militia, who have apparently decided because of race, that Americans aren't worth defending.

The failure of the militias is here. Bask, in your failure second amendment proponents. This was your opportunity to fight against a government that you have long thought was oppressive.

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah that's the biggest problem I have with it. If there is, then I suppose nothing is wrong and have much more hope tonight than any other.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Here you are second amendment proponents, your opportunity.

From what I've seen, there won't be any militia presence in Ferguson. Even though the situation desperately needs the militia.

Who's protecting these Americans? Not the militia, who have apparently decided because of race, that Americans aren't worth defending.

The failure of the militias is here. Bask, in your failure second amendment proponents. This was your opportunity to fight against a government that you have long thought was oppressive.

the National Guard is there even in a limited role, i trust them more than the police
And in case you didn't know, the National Guard is considered a militia
edit on 8/18/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Even though I completely agree with your ideal, the fact remains is that militia's are meant to be used against Federal Government. Militias don't stand much ground with local law enforcement agencies because it comes down to the State they are in. And if someone doesn't like the state they are in, then they can move. But if the Fed's show up and purporting the same nonsense that the Local LEO's are, well, then they have something to stand on.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I would hope they at least allow people/families to stop for a rest because if they are not allowing that then, well, that's not so good. Preventing congregation, fair enough. Allowing to marchers to rest should be distinguished from congregating, imho.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

The National Guard was sent into Los Angeles in 1989 (I think it was '89) during
the L.A. Riots. I was staying in Hollywood at the time near Hollywood and Vine
and the National Guard came in about 6PM and ordered a curfew at 10PM.

It was the only time I ever remember Hollywood Blvd look nearly deserted. From my hotel
window on Vine Street, the streets were completely deserted except for National Guard units.

Rebel 5

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

it's not just denying congregation. they aren't allowed to stop walking

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Via Global Revolution's stream, Hostage Rescue is there. That's rubbing me the wrong way, I don't see how that would be necessary. Even the worst prior nights didn't call for them.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join