It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
a reply to: Myrtales Instinct

maybe you misunderstand me.
I'm all for stopping the few that are committing crimes, actual crimes
But when they punish the many because of the few, that's morally wrong

I'm glad you clarified because I was beginning to misunderstand. A few bad eggs are ruining the protesters platform here. It's not the protesters place to stop the bad eggs - it's the cops. The law is in the right to get the bad eggs, even if that infringes on the protesters right. At that point common sense should dictate get minors home and disperse.

Tomorrow is a new day.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Myrtales Instinct
The law is in the right to get the bad eggs, even if that infringes on the protesters right. .

Wrong. rights are rights regardless of what action is taken against criminals

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Im not wrong, it is not my fault the ACLU is scared to stand up for rights and puts out messages like that.
No where does it say a permit is required to protest in the first, it also doesn't specify that you need to protest in certain areas. Find me that and I will admit I am wrong. Constitution beats the ACLU all day and twice on sunday.
Also in live feeds, which i wonder if you have bothered to watch yet, they were letting traffic thru.
Show me the traffic not being let through please.

Watching the live feed as we speak and if you don't think they're causing traffic problems, well then I don't know what to tell you. You're full of excuses and that's about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Sure if you want to CYA and make sure some one doesn't come and disturb it then yes get a permit.
But if you want to protest, you can protest.
I would say the only exception would be going on to private property but streets would not fall into that category

You keep changing your mind I can't even keep up with you.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Where did I say it is the ACLU's fault? I just said I am not responsible for what they say, and just cause they say it, doesn't mean they are correct.
I know why you chose the ACLU, I bet you see them as criminal apologists as well and was hoping I worshiped the ground they walk on.

And nothing on showing them blocking the street for a week huh?

I didn't change my mind, just said that ya if you want to CYA from the unjust laws then sure get a permit.
Does mean you require one.
edit on thMon, 18 Aug 2014 17:30:45 -0500America/Chicago820144580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Why can't this protest by held in a field in the local community where nothing can be broken or damaged and everyone can gather peacefully without being in the vicinity of looters and shooters?

I got a good chuckle out of the absurdity of this statement, so thanks for that! ;D

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Nothing shows the protest block the streets, as far as I've seen the street traffic comes and goes until the police block traffic themselves

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Where did I say it is the ACLU's fault? I just said I am not responsible for what they say, and just cause they say it, doesn't mean they are correct.
I know why you chose the ACLU, I bet you see them as criminal apologists as well and was hoping I worshiped the ground they walk on.

And nothing on showing them blocking the street for a week huh?

I didn't change my mind, just said that ya if you want to CYA from the unjust laws then sure get a permit.
Does mean you require one.

Now you're just assuming. You do that when you lose an argument, which I've come to notice. The law is the law, you don't like it, too bad.

Every video that's been shot shows it. Why do you think they have to have the cops baby sit traffic and block roads off?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExquisitExamplE

Why can't this protest by held in a field in the local community where nothing can be broken or damaged and everyone can gather peacefully without being in the vicinity of looters and shooters?

I got a good chuckle out of the absurdity of this statement, so thanks for that! ;D

Your input has nothing to do with the conversation. That's the only funny part.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Myrtales Instinct
The law is in the right to get the bad eggs, even if that infringes on the protesters right. .

Wrong. rights are rights regardless of what action is taken against criminals

No. Because if things get ugly and the innocent protesters who are protesting peacefully get hurt, then suddenly it's the cops fault. Because of the looting and destruction of property the chance of not having a police presence has been tossed out the window.

Seriously - let's just send the cops home and queue the music:

Gunter glieben glauchen globen !

edit on 18-8-2014 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

I know, i broke my word. eff.
The same could be said about you and your need to force your assuming and narcissistic opinion on everyone else in every thread you post in

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Im not wrong, it is not my fault the ACLU is scared to stand up for rights and puts out messages like that.
No where does it say a permit is required to protest in the first, it also doesn't specify that you need to protest in certain areas. Find me that and I will admit I am wrong. Constitution beats the ACLU all day and twice on sunday.
Also in live feeds, which i wonder if you have bothered to watch yet, they were letting traffic thru.

Watching the live feed as we speak and if you don't think they're causing traffic problems, well then I don't know what to tell you. You're full of excuses and that's about it.

Home and caught up, have to say, there was a bit of bickering to pass through...not useful when you have to catch up on mutiple pages.

I am watching CNN and their reporter noted live that there was absolutely no traffic problems until the police showed up.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

So no curfew, but they send in the national guard.

At least leaders and community front speakers are out there today. Suggesting to everyone, when night falls the protests are over until the next day.
They have every right to be out there past dark. But we have all seen in real time what happens.
Not saying it is right to deny them their rights. It was the community leaders decisions..

I flipped on CNN to see what the MSM was saying.. and the reporter was being pushed back by police. Pushes them out of the already "free speech zones"

Off topic comment.-- I was in Tampa bay earlier today, and as smaller groups we where okay. But the bigger groups where asked for their papers, and where denied their rights to protest. They needed permits.
We will get the permits and be back in force.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
(beezzer hops in, tosses a grenade, hops away to view the explosion)

Why would anyone complain? The government is here to save the day!

Everything is going to be all right now.

Government is here.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

CNN: "we just saw what we beleive is a photo journalist being arrested"
2nd line

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The same could be said about you and your need to force your assuming and narcissistic opinion on everyone else in every thread you post in

Actually, there's quite a few people on here that agree with me as you can see by stars on my posts. You have your opinion and I have mine. You don't like it, too bad. This is a public forum. I'm not being ignorant to anyone on here unless they initiate it with me. Instead of taking up in the discussion you decide to call names again. As usual. I've grown to accept that most people in this thread act out and call names, tell others to be quiet and so forth when they 1) Don't like what is said or 2) Know they can't win the argument.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

Home and caught up, have to say, there was a bit of bickering to pass through...not useful when you have to catch up on mutiple pages.

I am watching CNN and their reporter noted live that there was absolutely no traffic problems until the police showed up.

Those pesky no good cops again! Like someone else in this thread said. I would love if for every cop to pull out and go home.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Funny how every feed I watched shows something different.
Must be a perception thing.
I guess it doesn't matter to you if a law goes against a constitutional right, a law is a law.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Actually, there's quite a few people on here that agree with me as you can see by stars on my posts. You have your opinion and I have mine. You don't like it, too bad. This is a public forum. I'm not being ignorant to anyone on here unless they initiate it with me. Instead of taking up in the discussion you decide to call names again. As usual. I've grown to accept that most people in this thread act out and call names, tell others to be quiet and so forth when they 1) Don't like what is said or 2) Know they can't win the argument.

lmao, Star Wars. Well, looking back on the exchanges, if this is Star Wars, looks like Sremmos is winning the battle.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I believe the words "assuming" and "narcissistic" are a fair description of your contribution.
The thing is, you like to beat a dead horse and if anyone tries to explain that it isn't all black and white, you get upset.
most of us read, watch, and listen. we form opinion based on all the relevant content provided.
just because you can't see past your ideals doesn't mean that the rest of us can't form our own educated opinions and change them as new material develops.
:back to topic:
have they identified the NG units yet or is it still hush?
edit on 8/18/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join