It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: scghst1
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

You do realize that forcing people to march in any sense is a form of slavery and/or torture? How the F--- is the NG actually condoning this at all?

Ever heard of "the mushroom treatment"? And they might have standing orders that they are only responsible for the little area they are defending

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Yeah, I am sure they are getting a long list of citations but in the end if ANY of them actually see a court room, the charges will all but be dropped. It isn't about the arrests, its about the police attempting to prove their "power".

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Your input has nothing to do with the conversation. That's the only funny part.

Not particularly, no. I've found that, as we've already seen in this thread, engaging in these back and forth type of arguments typically doesn't lead anywhere very constructive, and really only serves, as far as I'm involved, to generate negative energy and vitriolic feelings in myself and others, which I don't really enjoy on the same sort of level others seem to. Still, I thank you and everyone else for your candor!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

No I haven't heard of it. Just looked it up, and now I get it. Haha, 3 years in ROTC never told me about the mushroom treatment. But you're probably right. As of right now they probably only have orders to have a loose perimeter around the Command Center.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

Oh thank goodness! I feel so much safer knowing our saintly blessed heroes took that dangerous 90 yr old rioter off the streets.

Now I can take the crumpled newspaper off the floor and come out from under the bed.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Here's government, working to keep you safe, and secure. Isn't this what you all wanted???

Isn't this what so many of us have complained, fought against?

Well enjoy it!

They are here to "help".

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: scghst1

I never really believed in the whole power corrupts but these last few night have really made me see things in a different light. I am still holding out a small hope that things will resolved before anymore bloodshed on either side. Regardless the outcome of ferguson, America will be forever changed by what happened there.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExquisitExamplE

Not particularly, no. I've found that, as we've already seen in this thread, engaging in these back and forth type of arguments typically doesn't lead anywhere very constructive, and really only serves, as far as I'm involved, to generate negative energy and vitriolic feelings in myself and others, which I don't really enjoy on the same sort of level others seem to. Still, I thank you and everyone else for your candor!

I'm only here to state my POV like the rest of the people on here. I'm not going along with the mob mentality about the police in here so it's striking a cord with some, but too bad. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

link   

I agree with you that this would be a good move to separate protesters from the rioters.

The point is, if you want your protestation to be heard, you must be where you disrupt usual way of life for it to have impact. Try protesting in the middle of nowhere and you will get no attention and no results for sure. A protestation must disturb to be efficient.

And by that i don't mean break stuff and set fires. Just be visible and loud without hurting anyone and without destroying anything.

This is not what we see so far with the violence and looting but keep in mind that this is not the entire community, just some rotten apples in the group. As far as we know, it may also be people from outside this community with nefarious motives.

Peace out.
edit on 18-8-2014 by bigwig22 because: typo

link   

originally posted by: jholt5638

I never really believed in the whole power corrupts but these last few night have really made me see things in a different light. I am still holding out a small hope that things will resolved before anymore bloodshed on either side. Regardless the outcome of ferguson, America will be forever changed by what happened there.

yessir or ma'am, absolute power corrupts absolutely

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

And unfortunate bloodshed had to lead to this, but its a darn good thing that America will be changed by this. Sometimes bad causes lead to good effects and I really hope people are starting to really wonder what is going on here in America. Even though the MSM has spun this story out of control with their own propaganda, I have a feeling this situation in particular will be the Go-To guide for protests, riots, and eventually the new revolution (which IMO seriously needs to come soon).

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExquisitExamplE

Somewhat off-topic: Being a lurker for so long I've noticed this is a common problem throughout ATS...its turned me off participating for some time...and still does.

However, normally one can ignore such behavior and skim right past those type of comments...in a live, on-going event such as this, it does nothing but confuse and derail fact finding, clutter the space with nonsense, and escalate off-topic chatter.

It has been noted that there are many trolls, shills, etc on ATS, but this also is a common theme in normal, regular internet conversation across the entire internets of conversation as it is in verbal, and non-verbal, communication in real-life, perhaps symbolizing a deteriating "forum of debate" in a "market place of ideas" that we have held so blessed in America.

Back on-topic: I keep noticing much of the MSM I switch back and forth on refer to the Brown family's independent, and preliminary autopsy as "the autopsy" implying that it's official.
edit on PMMondayMondayth2014000000Mon, 18 Aug 2014 18:18:00 -05002014-08-18T18:18:00-05:00America/Chicago1 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I can only hope the rest of the country learns from watching this and realizes that you can't act up and expect not to have a police state. If you act civil and coordinate your efforts in a positive way, you will get positive results.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
maybe some of you free speech supporters could invite the protesters to come to your house and protest in your neighborhood for awhile so that the law abiding people in ferguson can get back to their normal lives?

Their children can`t go to school because of this "protesting", peaceable assembly? hell yes! I`m all for it,but there is nothing peaceable about this.
Try to break out of your sociopathic thinking for a moment and put yourself in the shoes of the law abiding people of ferguson who can`t go to work, can`t go to the store, can`t leave their homes without fearing for their safety because of this "protesting".
if you have no problem with living like that then invite the peaceful protesters to your house to protest in your neighborhood,heck, you could even have some of them stay over night and sleep on your couch so they will be well rested for the next days "protesting".
It`s easy to stand on principle when it`s someone else who is paying the price.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Actually all of the autopsy's so far have been official done by official doctors. The only thing unofficial about the Brown Family's autopsy was that the doctor was not allowed to document any of the clothes to figure out if there was any gunshot residue on them. Which to me, is very suspect.

Also, the first Coroner autopsy done DID have the clothes to work with and not a shred of evidence pertaining to residue was released with that autopsy

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Anyone know which streams are up tonight? I tried Liberty Media & Tim's a little bit ago, but they were offline. And the Paste Bin list was removed, so I can't grab a link from that one today.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I still found it very funny that you brought up the few stars on some of your posts as equating to "quite a few". And now it's me against "the rest of us". I find that funny, too. Thank you for the laughs.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
I can only hope the rest of the country learns from watching this and realizes that you can't act up and expect not to have a police state. If you act civil and coordinate your efforts in a positive way, you will get positive results.

im proud of you,
thats the first relevant post from you in quite some time
EDIT: i even gave it a star
edit on 8/18/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Live feeds I have up currently (same as last night): www.livestream.com...

www.livestream.com...

These are the only ones I see active at the moment.

Repost since this is being requested as the thread is rapidly adding pages due to "debates".

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Point taken and true.

I guess I mean, they are not really noting that it is preliminary and not everything can be "confirmed." What I have seen/heard, only those speaking on behalf of the family have noted that.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join