It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

I've seen the still photo but it doesn't look like a molotov cocktail after it's been lit, this looks like someone throwing a smoke/gas grenade. molotovs don't spit that extra bit of spark the still shows.
im not completely convinced about the claim in the slightest

Well Obama seems to be completely convinced, that was his closing statement just now, "that people (imbeciles) should not be throwing Molotov Cocktails at Law Enforcement."

~$heopleNation
edit on 18-8-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I believe it is on his page here:

Link

Yes, I believe the reporter he is talking to is Marcus DiPaola (Xinhua/CNC). Timestamp is 8:24 where Marcus begins recounting what happened at the large protest that was gassed due to a "molotov". I did check Xinhua first thing this morning, they are carrying the "molotov thrown" story despite what DiPaola statements here, which is very interesting to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Well obama is a liar, you can find plenty of threads about it on this site

He is not in the position to be contradicting the police on a national stage, he has to toe the line of being impartial.
So just cause someone who was not there says it happened, does not mean it happened
edit on thMon, 18 Aug 2014 16:06:18 -0500America/Chicago820141880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Like I said before, I see that now. However in the 1st video it's clear a Molotov Cocktail was thrown at the Chop Suey restaurant. Watch Obama's speech he just gave, he mentioned them being thrown at the very end of it. I think his sources, and Vice media, backs up my position. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Gotcha. Not familiar with that site but am familiar with USA Today. The number that USA Today was reported by other entities including the Washington Post, iirc.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well obama is a liar, you kind plenty of threads about it on this site

He is not in the position to be contradicting the police on a national stage, he has to toe the line of being impartial.
So just cause someone who was not there says it happened, does not mean it happened

Oh so now Obama is a liar? How convenient for YOUR KIND guy, whatever that means? I stand for the truth, not some fake two party circus side show. You're a stooge among millions, you're being played. Good luck with that bro. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Ya it was a tongue in check remark, hence the lol emoji.
The same people that will call him a liar will take this remark as truth, so it is a two way street.
And I guess your "your kind" of people was a response to my typo, but i fixed it now.
edit on thMon, 18 Aug 2014 16:07:23 -0500America/Chicago820142380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya it was a tongue in check remark, hence the lol emoji.
The same people that will call him a liar will take this remark as truth, so it is a two way street.

Not a big deal. That it is, I agree. I think he lies when it benefits him, just like with most politicians. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

There was the one that showed the protester throwing back tear gas canisters that said he was throwing bombs. Turned that off right away as it's not true. He is clearly throwing back the year gas and not a bomb.

What is the other video? I've been hearing lots of talk about Molotov cocktails but have yet to hear anything other than people were trying to light them but failed. The restaurant fire video?

What is upsetting is that images of protesters throwing back tear gas canisters are being spun into "he's throwing a Molotov cocktail." While I don't doubt there have been people trying to set them off, with a few actually working, they're not being used to the degree that the police are making out.

There are 2 groups of people in Ferguson, the protesters and the looters. They are different groups with the looters being a smaller faction probably from out of town. It's disgusting when people come in to situations like this to ignite a riot, steal and make the protesters look bad.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Has anyone found a source stating how may national guard personnel there will be deployed in Ferguson or their eta?

@#timcast there is this tweet:

James Tuxbury @tuxKSDK · 4h A second bus load of MO National Guard soldiers departs for #Ferguson #KSDK

edit on 18-8-2014 by AlaskanDad because: missed the J on my copy & paste

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The news keeps saying the protesters were going to overrun the command center Fire Base Johnson so a response with tear gas was necessary. Maybe they should deploy wire and foogas.

I get the impression officials see it as a war zone.
edit on 8/18/2014 by roadgravel because: tag

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
On the looting of the McDonald's that had employees locked in a storage closet, these pictures on twitter might explain what might have occurred there as they clearly show milk being poured on the eyes of teargas victims. The window was broken on the McDonald's. I wonder if the McDonald's had closed early to assure employees could get home before curfew began since clean up can take a while. If that's the case, panic and pain might've been the reason why what happened at the McDonald's happened. Hard to say but pictures of a protester getting milk poured into her eyes and then water outside of the establishment are interesting components to this looting.

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

CNN is reporting that Police are arresting people if they are congregate in groups and stay in one place. They can march but can not stay in one place

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I haven't seen any numbers released, but it appears that the NG will not be involved with law enforcement duties. They are only there to protect the LE base of operations.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I have been trying to follow what is oging on in ferguson for a few days, but to no avail.... too many threads, too much info, not organized.... i dont know where to start and what to believe!

So... Can somebody please be so kind as to explain what has happened, how it has developed so far, and what are todays newest developments????

News is not making any sense! plz ATS.... this is too much for a simple thread to answer! help me here!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jholt5638

CNN is reporting that Police are arresting people if they are congregate in groups and stay in one place. They can march but can not stay in one place

It was reported an older lady stopped to rest and a man who stopped with her was arrested. The police sure could use some lessons in PR and treating people like, well, people.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Here's a timeline of events:

Timeline: Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, Mo.

If you get a chance you should read the threads, there's much more than what being reported in the MSM.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

TY for your reply!

Protesters now sitting at door. Who shot Mike Brown? Ferguson Police.

Edit: State office building - Wainwright Bldg

source with pic
edit on 18-8-2014 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2014 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

TBH there is a whooole lot that you would need to be caught up on.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
This thread, that is now closed would be a good start if you have time and don't mind doing some reading.
Will be links to live feeds, that again if you have time, will be able to watch and get a good idea of what has happened, well at least what happened over the weekend which is the bulk of the discussion and what lead to the NG getting called

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jholt5638

Nobody is suggesting that Law Enforcement is completely innocent here, we were discussing whether Molotov Cocktails being thrown can be validly confirmed. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join