It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xxPUSH0Noo

The particular segment of the footage that has the original "wasting bullets" remark seems to be lost. However, Tim Pool references it in the topmost video here while he is talking to other journalists at the 20:47 time stamp:

new.livestream.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Any live feeds going on showing the mass sit in at the door of the state building?
Or just in general with the protest going on right now?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: SheopleNation

What is upsetting is that images of protesters throwing back tear gas canisters are being spun into "he's throwing a Molotov cocktail." While I don't doubt there have been people trying to set them off, with a few actually working, they're not being used to the degree that the police are making out.

Hard to know just how many have been thrown, and searching is very time consuming because most of these videos are long. It did start raining later in the evening, so that would make lighting them much more difficult on this particular night.

There are 2 groups of people in Ferguson, the protesters and the looters. They are different groups with the looters being a smaller faction probably from out of town. It's disgusting when people come in to situations like this to ignite a riot, steal and make the protesters look bad.

I agree, which is why the so called protesters should be protesting during the day, not during the middle of the night when the looters are all out. Seems like commonsense to me. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Protesters march towards Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon's St. Louis office chanting 'the National Guard has got to go' - @StanfordKMOV

twitter link

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I apologize for interrupting your discussion by using the reply link in your message. I only used your reply button because my reply button is missing for some reason. Sorry it will not happen again. I thought I would pass along information for those not listening to CNN's reporting

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

The particular segment of the footage that has the original "wasting bullets" remark seems to be lost. However, Tim Pool references it in the topmost video here while he is talking to other journalists at the 20:47 time stamp:

new.livestream.com...

Yep, and right before that he mentions how they are "jumping" the media and stealing their equipment. Doesn't sound very peaceful to me. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jholt5638

I apologize for interrupting your discussion by using the reply link in your message. I only used your reply button because my reply button is missing for some reason. Sorry it will not happen again. I thought I would pass along information for those not listening to CNN's reporting

Mine is missing as well. Has been for several days.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jholt5638

No not at all my friend, that doesn't bother me. You did nothing wrong, we need all the information that is available. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

new.livestream.com...

Yep, and right before that he mentions how they are "jumping" the media and stealing their equipment. Doesn't sound very peaceful to me. ~$heopleNation

Because it's not peaceful and anyone trying to say it is, is ignoring every single story out there. If you're going to protest at night, then you're part of the problem. If you're going to protest by blocking streets and putting bricks in front of cop cars, then you're part of the problem.

A protest should be held in an area where it is not affecting the flow of everyone else in the community that is not involved in the protest. If you would like your town to be under control of the people and not the Police/NG, have a protest away from the individuals causing problems so they can't run back to the protest and disrupt it by drawing police to it.

Why can't this protest by held in a field in the local community where nothing can be broken or damaged and everyone can gather peacefully without being in the vicinity of looters and shooters?

THE POLICE DO NOT WANT TO BE THERE BABYSITTING YOUR TOWN ALL NIGHT.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

Mine is missing as well. Has been for several days.

That happens to me sometimes when trying to post from my Iphone. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

It's a good question, and simple question. Why the hell are these so called protestors out their during the wee hours of the night protesting? If you don't want to be viewed as criminals, then don't hang around where the idiotic morons are looting and vandalizing private businesses. Maybe its time to insert a little logic into this situation. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
A protest should be held in an area where it is not affecting the flow of everyone else in the community that is not involved in the protest. If you would like your town to be under control of the people and not the Police/NG, have a protest away from the individuals causing problems so they can't run back to the protest and disrupt it by drawing police to it.

Why can't this protest by held in a field in the local community where nothing can be broken or damaged and everyone can gather peacefully without being in the vicinity of looters and shooters?

Sounds like a free speech zone to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

Sounds like a free speech zone to me.

When your free speech zone impedes the rest of the community then you're trampling on the rights of others.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

It's a good question, and simple question. Why the hell are these so called protestors out their during the wee hours of the night protesting? If you don't want to be viewed as criminals, then don't hang around where the idiotic morons are looting and vandalizing private businesses. Maybe its time to insert a little logic into this situation. ~$heopleNation

I agree whole-heartedly. The only thing these people are doing protesting all hours of the night are making it worse for everyone else and giving the criminals civilians to hide behind.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So in the first it says that you can protest as long as you don't block traffic?
You don't have a constitutional right to drive on the street, you do have the right to protest.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

When someone takes away your right, your have the obligation to stand up for it.
If they say you no longer have the right to protest after 12 am, you show them that you do.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Here's a great series of photographs taking by photographers for the Telegraph.co.uk to get a good visual understanding:
Telegraph UK Ferguson Protest in Pictures

The police there haven't been making a whole lot of friends with journalists, including a correspondent for the Telegraph linked above. This site actually has a very good collection of tweets on the interactions between the press pass wearing journalists (many from very established news journals/magazines): www.poynter.org...
edit on 18/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: fixed broken link...i hope....

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So in the first it says that you can protest as long as you don't block traffic?
You don't have a constitutional right to drive on the street, you do have the right to protest.

Wrong.

Can I express myself in public places without a permit?

Yes, you can picket or leaflet in public places by yourself or in small groups without a permit so long as you are not blocking streets or sidewalks.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

When someone takes away your right, your have the obligation to stand up for it.
If they say you no longer have the right to protest after 12 am, you show them that you do.

Go to a public park and do it and stop breaking the law with your protest by blocking public access to roads and businesses without a permit.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Wrong, you don't need a permit to protest.
Again, does the first say that you have the freedom as long as you have a permit?

edit on thMon, 18 Aug 2014 16:58:59 -0500America/Chicago820145980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join