It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Look, I'm going to take off you guys
but once again let me give you this Reddit, Live Feed for riot and protest in Ferguson, MO. Scanner reports, news links

their doing a damn fine job of keeping all the updates current and fast!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

They had 5 out of 52....

edit:

This is why I questioned the actual number.

There are 52 police and only 5 are Black. That’s 6% Black representation.

Link

edit on 8/18/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
It doesn't work that way,

Actually it does.

if you want to say the protestors started it the last two nights, back up your claims.
Shouldn't be hard right? I mean there is footage from every angle.

What are you blind? There are videos all over the internet showing the rioters throwing Moltavh Cocktails and bottles at the police, as well as at privately owned businesses. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackTiger

When your first amendment right infringes upon any of my rights then you have overstepped your rights and must cease what you are doing.

The protesters have entire streets completely blocked preventing people from using those streets.
The law abiding people of that community who have no interest in joining the protesting are having their rights trampled on by this protest and the protesters.

They are not peaceably assembled anymore,the police can`t watch every person there individually to make sure that they remain peaceful,so when the protest as a whole starts infringing on other peoples rights then it needs to end.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Please post the video showing the molotov cocktails, that would settle a lot of discussion.
As every live feed we have seen has not shown it and many reporters and photographers on scene have said they didn't see any

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badgered1

originally posted by: LDragonFire
BTW if protesters threw molotov cocktails at the police last night why no fires on the ground? From any video footage of the event?

Interesting. I was watching feeds from MSM last night (MSNBC and CNN) and there was a report that the LEOs claimed that shots were fired at them - provoking their response with tear gas etc.
I'm not any sort of firearms expert, but if any shots were fired at the police I would have expected at least one to hit something. Not hitting anything police owned would seem unlikely judging by the sheer numbers. Have the police shown any bullet marks in any of their property? I didn't see any ambulances at the scene (although I'm sure they were present, but out of shot).

I heard on Tim Pool's stream that an individual had fired a gun into the air from within the protesters, to which someone nearby remarked that that was a waste of bullets. That's also called a provocateur as that would've been source of the gunshots that prompted the hard press into the protesters. The Kent State shooting was also triggered off after a single shot was heard by the NG and they opened fire on the student protesters there.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: SheopleNation

Please post the video showing the molotov cocktails, that would settle a lot of discussion.
As every live feed we have seen has not shown it and many reporters and photographers on scene have said they didn't see any

I 2nd that. Please post links because it would settle a lot of discussion.

2nd

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I agree, so far the only thing that has been shown and made out to be molotov cocktails are your everyday beer bottles and that one allegedly thrown at Chop Suey which only showed a fire that was promptly stomped out by protesters
edit on 8/18/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The Kent State shooting was also triggered off after a single shot was heard by the NG and they opened fire on the student protesters there.

Never heard that one. Did any source ever prove that as fact?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I agree you have the right to travel unmolested by the government,in regards to papers, check but not sure it that is the same right to travel unmolested by people exercising their right to protest.
Care to educate me on where I am mistaken?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

originally posted by: Badgered1

originally posted by: LDragonFire
BTW if protesters threw molotov cocktails at the police last night why no fires on the ground? From any video footage of the event?

Interesting. I was watching feeds from MSM last night (MSNBC and CNN) and there was a report that the LEOs claimed that shots were fired at them - provoking their response with tear gas etc.
I'm not any sort of firearms expert, but if any shots were fired at the police I would have expected at least one to hit something. Not hitting anything police owned would seem unlikely judging by the sheer numbers. Have the police shown any bullet marks in any of their property? I didn't see any ambulances at the scene (although I'm sure they were present, but out of shot).

I heard on Tim Pool's stream that an individual had fired a gun into the air from within the protesters, to which someone nearby remarked that that was a waste of bullets. That's also called a provocateur as that would've been source of the gunshots that prompted the hard press into the protesters. The Kent State shooting was also triggered off after a single shot was heard by the NG and they opened fire on the student protesters there.

I also heard this. He said he was saying he was wondering why he was shooting up n the air that that is a waste of bullets. I wouldn't down on him for that statement either... It someone is firing on you, and you have a gun and bullets
.. Firing into the air would for sure be a waste. I saw the video of the police rushing the crowd, refusing the reporters to film or lift the camera, pointed guns at countless unarmed, LRADS, & what was that "drone" in the sky? Did anyone else see that? The reporter said she could not confirm it was a drone but they guy made her film it and told her don't edit that out lol! And it was a no fly zone.... Thoughts? Any of yall saw this?

I saw some guy grab a tear gas n throw it back twice. Right before it stepped up. I too think there are a lot of professionals.. Both sides.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Tardacus

I agree you have the right to travel unmolested by the government,in regards to papers, check but not sure it that is the same right to travel unmolested by people exercising their right to protest.
Care to educate me on where I am mistaken?

Would it not be easier to pick an open field and launch a peaceful protest? This way any thugs out doing damage can be quickly caught?

Why block the streets? All you're doing is allowing the thugs to riot, rob and shoot and then run back into the protests for protection as well as blocking a public thoroughfare that everyone pays to use, protester or not.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Back in the 70`s I went to a smoke-in at Lafayette park across from the whitehouse.Things went good for a few hours then some knucklehead decided it would be a good idea to throw a pack of firecrackers at the police on horseback who were lining the street.
well, that put an end to the fun real fast, the line of about 30-40 police on horseback came charging into the park and busting people in the head with their batons.
My brother and I ran to the car that was parked on a street next to the park.When we got to the car we looked back just in time to see about 20 teargas canisters flying through the air and hitting the ground.
We jumped in the car and got the heck out of D.C.

All it took was that one bonehead to get the party broken up for thousands of people.
Back then the police didn`t play games.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Perhaps *LAW ABIDING* black folks will start to realize the absolute necessity to keep and bear high caliber arms like M14's, AR-10's, AR-15's, high powered rounds than can penetrate body armor if required. When situations like this arise, and a peoples voice are being effectively silenced via full blown militarized police forces and violence, you *MUST* equal the playing field to ensure your right to protest safely without constitutional rights being suspended. I would like to see every single one of those people who are peacefully protesting doing so with an AR-15 or other high powered rifle slung over their shoulder along with those same people defending those business getting sacked.

North American pigs are out of control, it's not a black or white thing as just as many white folks are killed by these swine each year under similar circumstances. The sooner people understand this the faster we all can recognize our common enemy.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

National guard, mostly military police officers, are to be under command of Brig. Gen. Greg Mason, himself a veteran of MO highway patrol

If this tweet from Twitter is correct.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The Prez is late, again, as usual
someone needs to light a fire under his rear when there is a time frame put out

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

I have a friend (from Ferguson himself) with family in Ferguson who live very near the area. He stated to me that they are saying that the KKK is in Ferguson for sure. I also noted the increase yesterday in KKK activity in the form of generating rewards for the shooting officer and support pages as well as spikes of certain sentiments on public forums and twitter especially. Not much but I made those same observations yesterday.

The New Black Panther Party is absolutely in Ferguson along with other groups. That's been confirmed with video. The friend of mine from Ferguson with family still there want all these outside elements gone as they are "making it worse" and "changing what this is all about". The family that I know of is no longer going out much for anything and avoiding the protests as much as possible. They are just one family in the immediate area. Other residents may still be going out. Does raise of question of how many protesters are residents and how many are outsiders?

Oh boy. New Black Panther Party has been deployed as well, here's your evidence that they are most definitely there: twitter.com...

*Going to add that the KKK portion is the equivalent of hearsay in terms of evidence but there is video documentation of the NBPP in Ferguson. They were present in videos on the first night that the curfew was implemented.
edit on 18/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added *

edit on 18/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added twitter pic.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Not going to do homework that you can easily do yourself all day here, but here is one anyway. No I can't tell you at what minute mark because I am not watching the entire 10 minute video again, but I assure you it's there.

Just look out for the idiotic imbecile that throws a Molotov cocktail at the Chop Suey restaurant. Had this all posted on my Iphone and I lost it cause my phone dies. So I had to log onto my PC, Pisses me off. Exactly why I don't like posting videos from my phone, its a waste of my time. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
They just announced President Obama will speak in 2 minutes.

Should be on most news services. My wife found a link on Fox News.

Update: on now.
edit on 18-8-2014 by ikonoklast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Well, watching that dunce inflame the situation even more should be interesting. Kind of funny how this takes the attention away from his multiple failures as a leader. Pretty convenient if you ask me. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join