It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
Why is it called a robbery? If he stole some cigars isn't that theft? Robbery is a bit extreme

The statutes have been posted in one of these threads.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I believe what you're saying. The thing I find concerning is if there is precident then they already knew this was going to make matter worse.

People need to get out of there.

I agree but people probably don't want to leave their belongings unattended.

We already see what's happening to businesses in the area.

Yep and that's really telling in regards to the general attitudes by the police present. According to Washington Post, residents were left trying to stop the looters themselves. I really think police standing by and not doing their sworn job should be immediately terminated. Period. Bystander laws only apply to citizens--not those who swear to protect and serve and are on the clock. Cleaning house entirely on the police department in Ferguson is the ONLY way out of this mess or else it will turn into another Oakland.

Here's the Washington Post article on the subject and it's pretty fair:

State of emergency declared in Missouri amid renewed tensions after Brown's death

I really think that the police chief and his actions yesterday should be looked at in terms of deliberately trying to incite a riot.
edit on 16/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: clarifiying addition

edit on 16/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: i need more coffee

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

It becomes a form of robbery after he lays a finger on the victim, or gives them reason to believe they are in danger during the commission of his theft.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well I have followed this from the beginning and I expect a bloodbath tonight massive chaos and tomorrow the Feds will step in to maintain order.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Too many people are focusing on the details and missing the big picture.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: Thefarmer
Why is it called a robbery? If he stole some cigars isn't that theft? Robbery is a bit extreme

The statutes have been posted in one of these threads.

I haven't seen them mate, the threads are long as hell regarding this subject so I probably missed them

If you know where they are would you mind stuck in the post up on here

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

It becomes a form of robbery after he lays a finger on the victim, or gives them reason to believe they are in danger during the commission of his theft.

Oh ok thanks here it's called aggravated theft

But didn't the fella put his hands on him 1st?

Not condoning his actions befor anyone starts about that I'm just curious

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Well I have followed this from the beginning and I expect a bloodbath tonight massive chaos and tomorrow the Feds will step in to maintain order.

Order out of chaos wouldn't you say?

Don't think for a second that the likes of Eric Holder, doesn't have some say in how law enforcement is handling things at the moment! I'll bet money that the DOJ is sitting at the top as far as decisions being made about how things are currently being handled!

Remember the Trayvon shooting? Holder had people down there and things weren't near as ugly as things are in Ferguson!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If they enact free speech zones, I may even break a window!

(oops)

link   
a reply to: LDragonFire
When you say feds, do you mean DHS? They have billions of rounds of 40 caliber hollow points...

link   

Here are links

www.moga.mo.gov...
www.moga.mo.gov...

www.moga.mo.gov...

edit on 8/16/2014 by roadgravel because: another iink

link   

If everything in the video was accurate as it's being described, then I'd say he may have come under 2nd degree robbery if a prosecutor really wanted to dump the truck on him.

Robbery in the second degree.
569.030. 1. A person commits the crime of robbery in the second degree when he forcibly steals property.

2. Robbery in the second degree is a class B felony.

(L. 1977 S.B. 60)
Effective 1-1-79
Mo Statutes

Index of Statute Section

*Sorry there, by the time stamps, it looks like I posted with the one above at the same time.
edit on 8/16/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

If we have to hop over into a special zone thingy for free speech, me thinks the speech ain't free anymore.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thank you both it clears that one up

link   
What will they do if NO ONE respects the curfew?

link   
Well I expect the protesters and looters to be out tonight.The buisness owners? It looks like its going down tonight.Funny I thought it had been cooling down.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
VERY PERTINENT INFORMATION:

In regards to the looting that occurred last night, the business owners who were experienced the looting said that those doing the looting and violence were from out of town and not from Ferguson.

That is a super important fact on this issue as it is not the residents themselves. Another important development reported in this same video is that a group of residents are forming a militia to take over policing duties to protect the people and businesses of Ferguson from these outside elements. This is very much like what happened in the LA Riots where you had Koreans perched up on rooftops with assault rifles doing the same.

Ferguson residents gather to stop looters

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I do not like any of this.
The shooting smells bad.
The looting and riots sucked.
Police response was inappropriate, insufficient for the looting and overblown for protests.
The media made this worse. Are they playing it the way that they are told to play it?
Now a curfew.
This all stinks.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Just how is it going to turn out if any of the looters get shot by those trying to protect their business?

The whole situation has gotten totally out of hand.

edit on 16-8-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

How much information do we have on the looters?

Doeesnt seem to be a big focus, but it might be prudent to change that while the event is still ongoing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join