It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

"We have to be our own security tonight," Malik Shabazz. Brothers meet at QT at 5:00.

Blacks only? Early shift? Gonna be a long night...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

The thing is, they have been protesting for days and nights already. A curfew will not end this and an "end" is what is needed. Those five hours could very well spark more protests, and not just in Ferguson. A curfew imposed on adults is a violation of our rights. That's going to anger many more people.

Watch (if we are allowed) what happens when this curfew goes into effect. Watch and see the outcome "the next day".

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If a curfew will help stop the looting then the honest people should happy to comply with it,obviously the looters won`t like a curfew and will complain bitterly about it.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Long ago I looked into the differences between the original Black Panthers (that I grew up familar with partially due to Tupac) and the new black panther party. I came away with nervous feelings. The website now makes is very clear to state spiritual not Islamic now. I welcome any others opinions or information.

a reply to: roadgravel

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
Confirmed, via Alderman Antonio French, that the New Black Panther Party is definitely present in Ferguson:

vine.co...

They've been there all along.

I bet they have a shadow group somewhere too.

I bet they're involved behind the scenes with the instigating.

I say they are working with other infiltrators.

Bold.

They are trying to cast an illusion of being for "peace and quiet".

Not fooling me.

from 2 days ago...
Raw Video: New Black Panther Party, Protesters Take Over Ferguson Police Chief’s News Conference

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
If a curfew will help stop the looting then the honest people should happy to comply with it,obviously the looters won`t like a curfew and will complain bitterly about it.

I won't argue this anymore, but I strongly disagree with you here. "Honest people should be happy to comply" ??? Really? Happy to comply to their rights being taken from them?

No. God help us if that is case.

God help us anyway...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kalunom

Constitutional Attorney's. Not God.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
T minus 2 hours till dark.

Im eating now because tonight could be a roller coaster ride.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Mod Note:

Please stick to the topic, please... The state of emergency in Ferguson.

Thank you

Do not reply to this post

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Just saw something about 3500 national guard troops with full battle gear.

livefeed

Any more info about this one ?

Not seeing it anywhere yet.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hadn't seen that. Thanks.

Interestingly enough, I caught the Portland Black Berets (offshoot of the Black Panthers) presence at the solidarity protest in Portland, OR so now I'm wondering if we're seeing an attempt to return into the fray by these militant groups on a more national level. Definitely something to watch.

Just saw the mod note so sorry about that. Will not derail. Xuenchen, want to make a thread on this subject?
edit on 16/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It`s unfortunate that it has come to this but sometimes it`s necessary to temporarily curtail peoples rights for the greater good.
Abraham Lincoln suspended the right of habeus corpus and some other rights for the entire duration of the civil war and it all turned out ok.
If the people of ferguson are more concerned about having 5 more hours a day to protest than they are about the safety of their homes,lives and community then that explains a lot about why things are the way they are now in that community.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No it was on the side bar on the cam, but there taking a break on the cam. There lots going on there big crowds but not a whole lotta info on the two feeds I'm watching.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Why don't the friend and families of the looters get them to stop. Why? They don't really care about that. Just another reason to rant at the machine.

What if the looters are... not from the area. Sort of... ummm... hired/brought in, to make sure all goes according to plan.

The tear gas, pepper pellets & rubber bullets the other night dig a heck-of-a-job dispersing peaceful protesters chanting with their hands in the air, exercising their right to assemble and express their discontent. What, did the cops run out of gas? (oh look, a pun)

Seriously, looters are the perfect target for tear gas bombs. Nobody's EVER gonna say: "How dare they gas that poor man fleeing with that wide screen TV!" (Except maybe the hoodlum's girlfriend.)

So why, why looters get a free ride, and protesters get gassed and now curfew-ed?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So are the benificail to the situation or detrimental?

a reply to: WhiteAlice

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Statements made by the shop owners themselves. There's a Washington Post link to a video where they interviewed one of the owners in question and she stated very clearly that those who were doing the looting were not from Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

What if the looters are... not from the area.

There is the suspicion that some out of towners are arriving to make use of the situation. It still appears that some are not happy with police out on the street though. The police need to so a job and the governor should have made that clear.

It is not still day one and police overly worried about protests.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Here is the latest news from A feed:

Ferguson, MO shop owner's solution to looting. 3:29 PM - 16 Aug 2014

Updates from the Ferguson situation, in a public meeting with MHP CPT Johnson and Gov Nixon:

The governor has declared a state of emergency for Ferguson.
There is a 0000-0500 curfew in effect, so midnight-5am is now a no-go for protests or being out on the street in general.
Police are establishing a media staging area to get press credentials and allow them in/out access of the emergency zone.

The decision not to protect businesses last night was explained in the following fashion: If police had lined up in front of businesses, it would have attracted protestors all long them, probably provoked more confrontation, and led to more conflict, at which some point the police would have either had to fight it out or leave, at which point they would have again been unprotected. The public in attendance seemed grumbly but accepting. There will almost certainly be another media-only press briefing later today, with more information to follow.

live

Bold is my doing.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Thank you for posting feed shots.
My thoughts are going between a public taking advantage of the situation to get frees stuff the economic situation isn't allowing them to get the right way and manipulation.

I hope no one gets hurt. Btw, I think it has to be the owners defending their own property.

a reply to: LDragonFire

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join