It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

The truth is, there are too many cases like the TM case, where the public decides it wants to demand justice without even knowing all the "facts", before due process even starts. The media went along with the "public" for ratings without even presenting the facts themselves. Due process is in jeopardy, which is the biggest issue, IMO that people are not seeing. YES there needs to be changes made to LEO's, big ones, but it's a separate issue altogether.

edit on 16-8-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Just saw something about 3500 national guard troops with full battle gear.

livefeed

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

While I'm aware that agent provocateurs absolutely exist, I think that those involved in much of the looting were there for opportunistic reasons.

Matt Pearce of the LA times on twitter:
twitter.com...

"Y'all want to buy something?" a young man walks up to a couple young men with a box of liquor. "Three for a dollar." (A few minutes ago.)

twitter.com...

Stopped my car to email my boss and someone tried to get into my car.

Also very interesting...

Wesley Lowery from Washington Post tweeted this last night:

twitter.com...

There are literally two while makes, with covered faces, threatening reporters

twitter.com...

Looter just threatened to pull knife on leduff and I outside of Sam's Market by friend of punk white kid

So profiteering or provocateur...very good question. There's multiple reports of reporters having very curious events last night and it's interesting in that what changed the view of what was occurring in Ferguson was the change in reporting.

I'd really like to know who those white guys with masks over their faces were and why they were there.

edit on 16/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: typo quote issue, all good now. hopefully o0

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I prefer not to go to hate websites, can you please warn us next time?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It`s about time they did this, the rioting and looting is still happening a week after the shooting how much longer should they let it go on before instituting strict measures like a curfew?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
And the looting took place by people from out of town, so let's punishment and restrict the people that had nothing to do with it, even trying to stop it

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

What happened in LA during the peaceful protests? Turned out very peaceful didn't it?

Why does it seem that I am one of just a handful of people on this site that gets it? The police can not restore the order in Ferguson. People will not let them. The police are damned if they are there trying to restore peace and damned if they do nothing. I really hope they do bring in the military to bring peace back to the people there, otherwise we are looking at the next Detroit. I often wonder if that is what people want. Lawlessness, where people are just allowed to do whatever they want.

I don't want to live like that. I want to walk my dog around my neighborhood and not fear that I may be mugged. I want to play with my kids in my yard and not fear a drive by shooting.

It takes an authority figure to keep some people in line. Take away that figure and you have animals on your hands.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I prefer not to go to hate websites, can you please warn us next time?

Below is a quote from someone you might be familiar with:

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Too many people are focusing on the details and missing the big picture.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The police should be some what grateful it wasn't more out of hand with people really attacking the police. Those snipers on top of the trucks would not have lasted long.

At least this is bringing up questions with politicians about the police and there over the top equipment.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I read your post - then I read your signature... confusing.

No need to explain. I'm guessing you want an end to this insanity as much as I do. I just believe a curfew is a violation of our rights (it IS actually, no belief needed) and will only serve to escalate things and do more harm than good.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: newsoul
This is why I don't think it is a separate issue. It may be two sides of the same coin. As stated above the public demands... they're demanding the wrong thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
you know the looters are from out of town, how?
maybe you should tell the police who they are because even the police don`t know who they are or where they are from.
The legitimate protesters can do their protesting from 5AM to midnight,that`s enough time to protest they don`t need to be out there in the middle of the night protesting,besides they need their sleep so they can go to work the next day,assuming they have jobs.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
EDIT: WTH, that didn't quote the post I wanted to respond to o.O Fixed incorrect quoted post.

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit, when you shine you truly shine.

I find it so interesting that there is little discussion here of the many Ferguson citizens who stood watch over many of the businesses and confronted looters last night.

Guess that doesn't promote the "animals run amok" scenario though...

EDIT: Correction, several members did mention the citizens trying to protect ... I was mistaken.

At the risk of a needing a flame-proof suit, can you remind me of the population of Ferguson? And then guesstimate how many people out of that population showed up to defend businesses? A couple dozen or even a hundred out of 20,000 doesn't amount to much in the way of community involvement if the rest don't bother to do the same. That's like trying to put out a fire with a few droplets from the disconnected hose.
edit on 8/16/2014 by Nyiah because: Fixed mis-quoted post

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

What's so bizarre is that all reports are that LEO did not step in to prevent looting last night, they stood by.

If I was a police officer at those looting scenes...I'm not sure I would have stepped in either.

The community cried when police equipped themselves to handle a riot/looting situation. So now the police aren't as well equipped...and I wouldn't be walking into a store with 10+ people looting it with just patrol gear on.

This community cried when police attempted to bring order by responding with force (guess what, there was no looting that night)...and now they are crying because the police aren't using enough force.

They are looting, burning, and destroying their own community and that have shown disrespect and hate towards the police...police are human too...and I'm not sure I would put my life on the line when this is apparently what the community wants.

God forbid a police officer would respond to the looting and have to use his firearm and kill another black man since pictures show some of these looters are armed themselves.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: newsoul

I could totally agree with much of what you are saying except for the fact that the police have bungled this at every turn..much of what we are dealing with now is as a result of that bungling - and I'm not talking about the shooting. It's everything before and after that has caused so much mistrust.

I don't know what the answer is, but punishing all of the citizens for the crimes of a few is not it.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Confirmed, via Alderman Antonio French, that the New Black Panther Party is definitely present in Ferguson:

vine.co...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kalunom

Things need to get back to normal at some point so why not now?
The people have 19 hours a day in which they can protest isn`t that enough?
The curfew is only from midnight to 5A.M. (5 hours) what earth shattering results can the protesters accomplish in those 5 hours that can`t wait until the next day?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

So friend admits to robbing the store that day or being in the store?

AAC

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: Sremmos80
you know the looters are from out of town, how?
maybe you should tell the police who they are because even the police don`t know who they are or where they are from.
The legitimate protesters can do their protesting from 5AM to midnight,that`s enough time to protest they don`t need to be out there in the middle of the night protesting,besides they need their sleep so they can go to work the next day,assuming they have jobs.

I personally have better things to do with my time after midnight, that's not the point. The point is whether telling these people that want to is legal. Then if it is legal, is it constitutional?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join