It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit, when you shine you truly shine.

I find it so interesting that there is little discussion here of the many Ferguson citizens who stood watch over many of the businesses and confronted looters last night.

Guess that doesn't promote the "animals run amok" scenario though...

EDIT: Correction, several members did mention the citizens trying to protect ... I was mistaken.

edit on 16Sat, 16 Aug 2014 16:55:48 -050014p042014866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
VERY PERTINENT INFORMATION:

In regards to the looting that occurred last night, the business owners who were experienced the looting said that those doing the looting and violence were from out of town and not from Ferguson.

That is a super important fact on this issue as it is not the residents themselves. Another important development reported in this same video is that a group of residents are forming a militia to take over policing duties to protect the people and businesses of Ferguson from these outside elements. This is very much like what happened in the LA Riots where you had Koreans perched up on rooftops with assault rifles doing the same.

Ferguson residents gather to stop looters

Purely speculation on my part, but since this started I mentioned in one thread briefly "Agent Provocateurs"!

It isn't below the likes of certain agencies to purposely agitate a situation or just out and out create it!

It doesn't bode well with our government officials if they are seen thru the worlds eyes as "loosing control"! Correct me if I am wrong, but in this case, does it even seem like they are trying to maintain ANY control of this situation?

To use a military term, this is FUBAR when it comes to how law enforcement should and shouldn't act!

Just something to think about..........

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

This is how it panned out last time during the LA Riots of 1992.

en.wikipedia.org...-Americans

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think this tweet from the #Ferguson feed sums up how citizens of the area feel about the State of Emergency/curfew:

Imani ABL @AngryBlackLady · 1h

Funny how it's on #Ferguson citizens to break the cycle of violence that they didn't start or incite.

twitter.com...

Implying the Ferguson Police Department...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: WhiteAlice

How much information do we have on the looters?

Doeesnt seem to be a big focus, but it might be prudent to change that while the event is still ongoing.

If you watch the above video, one of the affected business owners said that she didn't recognize any of the looters at all as being residents of the town and said that they were absolutely from out of town. Considering that there were no arrests made to put that extra oomph of confirmation that outside elements are in town, it's hard to say. However, considering her business was directly affected, I think she would be singing a different tune if it were people living in the area that she would recognize. Ferguson isn't a huge town.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
What happens when we have an event like they had in China where the police were taken out of a van they were hiding in and beaten? Is that going to be what brings the national guard out? I think that is what this is heading towards anyway.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I had the impression most users simply wanted to regurgitate inane minutia until all the threads were the same mind numbing propoganda they profess to be against.

edit on 16-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Yeah, I got all that. So, basically, we have no idea who they are.

That should be a point of interest.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Also from the twitter of Yamiche Alcindor of USA Today, whose been down there this whole time:

twitter.com...

Vine of residents defending a store last night: vine.co...

Her entire twitter feed is actually filled with a whole lot of images, video and tweets from other journalists. Awesome source for getting a grasp of some of the events and visuals of last night:

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

I'm not sure possibly Obama federalizing the national guard like presidents did back in the 60's.

The police chief imo is a idiot. The stand down orders were either incompetent or nefarious by design. Nefarious as a attempt to label all protesters as criminal, and to further alienate the the black community because of perceived disorder.

The msm are reporting protesters as rioters and looters as there is no difference.

I expect a very high civilian casualty rate. After a call for federal intervention. But I think the cops will be unleashed and they will do what they want and it will be ugly

I really hope I'm wrong

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
a reply to: kosmicjack

Also from the twitter of Yamiche Alcindor of USA Today, whose been down there this whole time:

twitter.com...

Vine of residents defending a store last night: vine.co...

Her entire twitter feed is actually filled with a whole lot of images, video and tweets from other journalists. Awesome source for getting a grasp of some of the events and visuals of last night:

twitter.com...

You don't find it ironic that the sources you post are actually making a difference? These are not sheeple, these people see a problem are are attempting to make a difference.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I've been looking for laws relating to curfews for adults in the U.S. - the only thing I could find was this:

Snippet:

Curfews directed at adults touch upon fundamental constitutional rights and thus are subject to strict judicial scrutiny. The U. S. Supreme Court has ruled that "[t]he right to walk the streets, or to meet publicly with one's friends for a noble purpose or for no purpose at all—and to do so whenever one pleases—is an integral component of life in a free and ordered society." Papachristou v. City of Jacksonville, 405 US 156, 164, 31 L. Ed. 2d 110, 92 S. Ct 839 (1972).

Source

There is little more information I could dig up on these laws.

My question is, was this given "strict judicial scrutiny"? I honestly don't know where to go with this topic anymore. It's out of hand and getting further so.

I think of nights sitting at my computer watching livestreams of the Israel/Gaza skirmishes and thinking, "my god...", as all I hear are crickets outside [edit] the opening in my home where I can view outside goings-on. Missouri is a whole lot closer to home and I fear this sort of thing will only get closer. To all of us.
edit on 16-8-2014 by kalunom because: forgot that ATS edits out the word w.i.n.d.0.w.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I can't understand why no-one is touching on the fact that NO evidence should be presented to the public until ALL evidence is gathered and presented in court. Due process. It's the way things USED to be, you know, "we are not releasing further information at this time as this is an ongoing investigation". What is it with our society now that wants justice NOW before even giving the courts a chance?

What if there happens to be enough evidence to prove the officer was within his rights to shoot in the manner he did? What if there is evidence that Brown wasn't actually just putting his hands up etc? I'm not saying that is what happened, but nobody knows what happened unless they were there.

Personally, I think all Hell will break loose if the cop isn't charged with murder. Then, I'm sure it will be like living in Iraq with lynch mobs calling for his head.

What I fear is the end of due process because of an out of control society which draws conclusions well before all the evidence is gathered.

Cops need to be reigned in, they have been proven time and time again to be abusive and take things way too far. This needs to be fixed, but without due process, we're done as a nation.

Just my 2 cents.
edit on 16-8-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kalunom

I looked up "State of Emergency" and I came to the same gray area you did in your search! It seemed to bring up quite a bit on "Health Emergencies" but nothing concrete that I could post for an example pertaining to Ferguson.

Even the Wiki page gave a disclaimer as to the poor reliability of the information that was posted there.......

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
so last call at the bars is going to be 11:30? There are going to be a lot of pissed off people tonight there. It's Saturday night. Can't even hit McDs after that, no time.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kalunom

This is a simple matter of control. The people in charge are attempting to assert their control on a public that they are betting isn't educated on their rights.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep
This is smoke and mirrors. How many people are so bogged down with Brown "facts" to worry about the future of LEO in this country?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnAbsoluteCreation
Not to mention the whole thing is being manufactured.

Robbery time stamp forged

I would not be one bit surprised if this were in fact true.

The elite have staged every other revolution throughout history.

This 'train' appears to be running right on schedule.

Why the Illuminati Want Us to Protest
pinballking.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yes, and I understand the health, pandemic, type of emergencies where some type of curfew or quarantine may be necessary. But not what we are seeing here.

There was a mention in the link I posted speaking to the Rodney King riots and that the looting, burning, and such COULD be cause for implementation of a curfew for adults.

But, as you said, nothing concrete.

The more law enforcement and, I expect soon, military have to do with this matter - the better off all will be.

This is just begging for confrontation.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: Wookiep
This is smoke and mirrors. How many people are so bogged down with Brown "facts" to worry about the future of LEO in this country?

This. Though off-topic, isn't it interesting that we've all forgotten the SWAT/Miltary-grade hardware brought out against protesters IN BROAD DAYLIGHT?

Yeah, I'm sure that's just co-inky-dink.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join