It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Governor and officials left, somewhat abruptly, with little resolution to questions asked or buy-in from the crowd and everyone started chanting "Hands up! Don't shoot!

The entire scene was kerazy.

link   
I would be very angry if all I wanted to do was protest peacefully.

What the hell is going on???

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I wonder what is up with all the twisting of what really happened. Seems there is a serious agenda in making the cops look bad...

and it's getting ridiculous. Those cops didn't do one thing wrong nor did they assist the looters sunday night.

Quit listening to info wars and their idiocy and perhaps realize what the local news crews were telling you as it was breaking sunday night was actually true would be a first step.

but I suppose that is too difficult. After all... Alex Jones is so much more entertaining...
edit on 16-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

link   
You heard the people saying they don't want the police out there, around them. How do that patrol for looters? Captain Johnson talked about rescuing 3 officers. What does that say.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I would imagine the police are very hesitant at this point to enforce any kind of law while looting is going on for the simple fact what if someone gets killed while suppressing the looting. That would be a bad situation in the current atmosphere. My question is why can't the protesters be allowed to move to an area away from the shops during the evening hours and allow stepped up policing in that area to keep the good separated from the bad. Simple solution to me it seems?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So, a curfew is going to stop looters (criminals)? Suuuuure....

This is definitely a show of force (or stupidity). This only punishes lawful citizens.

I noticed early on, when the no-flight zone was put into place that the timetable for that was Aug. 12 through Aug. 18. Were they just being cautious or did they know how long this charade would last beforehand?

----
Edit to provide source:

Issue Date : August 12, 2014 at 1318 UTC
Beginning Date and Time : August 12, 2014 at 1315 UTC
Ending Date and Time : August 18, 2014 at 2000 UTC
Reason for NOTAM : TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ACTIVITIES

Source

edit on 16-8-2014 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

What? LOL!

I don't listen to Alex Jones. Nice strawman, though.

I'm reading and watching everything I can to make up my own mind. When independent reporters are reporting the same thing as citizens from the area, it's not hard to figure out that things are seriously wrong in Ferguson.

This latest measure, which does little to gain the trust of the citizens in Ferguson - who already feel unduly targeted -just adds to the confusion and chaos that exists there.

link   
The cops don't know what to do because of all the criticism. They need a curfew because of all the looting and whatnot that's going on. But the cops are afraid to do anything because they will be wrong either way and get demoralized. Expect the next time that a cop has to use deadly force(god forbid) -that town will be looted and burnt to the ground regardless if there was justification or not. They can't even speak at the press conference because of all the shouting and disrespectful behavior. I don't think the cops need to be militarized, but they should have a heavy presence there. I also think that cops should only use deadly force when necessary, and we don't know all the facts yet, so who's to say that the cop wasn't right?

Looting and burning the town makes them lose standing. Why aren't the neighborhood at the police headquarters or city hall instead???? That's where I would want people to gather and protest had it been my kid. Where will they choose to "protest" next? In a different part of town, away from police headquarters and city hall? And, again, how can they be so sure that this cop was fighting for his life?? You all seen the video of Brown from just before he encountered this cop.

link   

You find it surprising they left abruptly? really... the entire time they were being shouted down, and not let or given the time to answer questions before people started shouting again...

I would have left a lot sooner or told them to shut the hell up and let me answer a question before you start yelling again.

curious what y'all will say when this ends and martial law doesn't happen....again
edit on 16-8-2014 by Walkingsenseless because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Governor and officials left, somewhat abruptly, with little resolution to questions asked or buy-in from the crowd and everyone started chanting "Hands up! Don't shoot!

The entire scene was kerazy.

They couldn't speak. What were they supposed to do?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I would be very angry if all I wanted to do was protest peacefully.

What the hell is going on???

Exactly - it's collective punishment of area citizens for the crimes of a few people.

This is a failure of those charged to protect and they are punishing those they have failed.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Things seemed to be going fairly well until that cheesy chief came out yesterday, without telling anyone or warning a soul, and dropped the biggest bomb HE still had to drop on anyone and make a tense situation terrible again.

Hell, it had been calming down well and really starting to look positive...until the community watched him call their object of grief a scumbag robber and all but deserving of his fate.

Even if the kid WAS somehow..and that is all true...NOW wasn't the moment for that guy to have made an unauthorized announcement to an investigation he was directly removed from the day before. He just couldn't resist stirring the crap...and look now. It took less than 24 hours to get back where it started.

Someone arrest that Chief for inciting a riot. There hadn't BEEN one again, until he stuck a hot poker in their eyes.

link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Info wars was on the ground with the protesters its there video of the police crack down. All the local news crews were reporting cops standing around in staging areas, or not reporting at all.

link   
a reply to: Fylgje

These people don't care what the truth is... they want an excuse, any excuse to burn this whole country down and tear down the government so we can have communism instead. they make up lies and pass them along and eat it all like candy. I'm tired of feeling like I'm the only person who even remotely cares what is true and what is not...

link   
Not to mention the whole thing is being manufactured.

Robbery time stamp forged

AAC.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: HandyDandy What happens if someone works the night shift?

Or has to leave by 4 am to get to their job?

tazed. for starters.

link   
Why don't the friend and families of the looters get them to stop. Why? They don't really care about that. Just another reason to rant at the machine.

link   
Curfews are impractical. It will only result in more work for LEOs. People get in the habit of going to the store 24 hrs a day. Not everyone is on the day shift. This is not only a bad idea, it feels like a test situation.

If I lived there I would find a reason to be out of town.
edit on 16-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

a reply to: Walkingsenseless

The intention of the presser - for officials to declare a State of Emergency was - was meant to calm matters, it had the opposite effect.

I'm surprised they left without trying to allay more of the concerns being expressed by the citizens.

It was a PR nightmare.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Actually I've seen this before with Oakland. After Oakland, which had a long history of police brutality, suffered pretty much the same thing that Ferguson did on October 26, 2012, the Oakland PD went into federal oversight. Once that happened, those police forces in Oakland that were resentful of the federal oversight basically started looking the other way. There was a thread not that long ago about Oakland basically going to hell. Same things happened, same intervention and this was the end result there, too. Police standing by while laws are broken.

I find it very childish. I can dig up some links about the Oakland thing to create the timeline of events there if you need.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join