It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Onesided Destruction of Christianity in America

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You are right, when posting like this and not talking in person, misunderstandings happen, well, frequently.

That is because when we communicate in person 93% of it is done non verbally.

Now you see why so many read into this post a whole lot more than there really was.

Good Night!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

He wasn't whining about being a victim, he was calling out the hypocrites who do unto others what they tell others not to do.
He was exposing the hypocrites
He was showing those who are against Christianity, by how they treat it being biased not about religion in general, but biased against just Christian things.

Thank you. You are one of only a few who read the OP correctly and without a twisted bias.

How is it so many could read into the OP what was not there at all, it is beyond intelligence and borders on pure fanatical stupidity.

And many of these flaunt there stupidity with intellectual pride.

edit on 13-8-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: technical difficulties

I gave up reading all the bull after the first 5 pages. After that you guys are just being jerks.

Yes, I'm clearly a jerk for wanting reliable information instead of just headlines. No, not the person who expects the reader to do their work for them, but the guy calling that person out on their laziness. Just post your sources for the stories in the OP, this isn't hard to understand.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Dear Chester'

"Yet over the last year, I have not seen these supposed anti-religious groups attack any other religion except Christianity.
So why is that?"

That would be because we live in a country that is overwhelmingly Christian.
I am a "secular humanist" but I hold no animus toward the vast majority of Christians.
And that includes you, Chester John.

I beseech you to have some faith in the goodwill of those
you might otherwise question.

Look around you.
Do you not still see many that praise Jesus?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm against anyone imposing their morals or values on others. We as adults should be able to think for ourselves. If you don't like cussing turn the channel and watch a cuss free channel. Don't presume to choose for me that I shouldn't hear it.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The beheading of little Christian children and every Christian they can get their hands on has absolutely nothing to do with oil, unless you think these Christians are directly related to "stealing" oil interests.

Some of it does. One can not go around telling everyone that a certain group of people are bad and bad for society and bad in general and think that extremists won't translate that into, "well no one will really care if we kill them or their children. The West will be grateful we got rid of them."

The ISIS/ISIL sees that in the western media and the western culture we export in the form of entertainment: Christians are called all kinds of awful things.

The Western culture is constantly bashing Christians.

Why would they not see the killing of Christians as acceptable to the rest of the world when the rest of the world's leadership and media constantly and consistently bashes christians as awful people?

same with the jews.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

No I am not blaming all atheists, I am blaming everyone who publically "hates on" Christians, which is quite popular in many circles, including Hollywood and absolutely the media.

Not all atheists hate Christians, the sensible ones really don't give a ... about Christians at all because they think what the Christians think is a fairy tale, so why get worked up over someone believing a fairy tale, no point.

The ISIS people are not isolated from the rest of the world
they use Facebook
if they use facebook, they read facebook
they use youtube
if they use youtube, they watch youtube
they obviously have access to the internet
and can read what "the world" says about
"the bad" Christians and
yes believe that the West thinks Christians are bad
and therefore worthy to be killed

The media who decry the beheadings are only decrying the brutality, but are silent on the motive, thereby giving tacit approval of the motive.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

All these groups are doing is getting religion out of state sponsored activities

Agreed, but modern, American Christianity really does need to go. Not only has it become a charicature of stupidity, but really does a lot of damage to our society, other countries, and our planet.

It is statement like this that the ISIS/ISIL people read, and they DO use the internet.

These types of statements abound not only on ATS, I have seen it over and over and over through the years on ATS, but in a huge number of sites and comment boards.

This says to ISIS
Christians need to go
they damage our society, other countries and our planet.

So then ISIS thinks
even the people in the West think
that if one is a Christian
they must "go"
even their small children "need to go"

And you all ask in wonder, who on earth is saying that Christians are bad, evil and should be destroyed?

Why would ISIS/ISIL get the impression that even the civilized west thinks Christians are a blight that needs to "go" from the world.

Words have consequences my friend, real consequences.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: grandmakdw

Not a prayer then - not a word for all the many others they've decided to torture, maim or kill? Your main concern is that they're killing Christians?

I was trying to stay on topic, how the USA and many in the USA appear to be bent on the destruction of Christianity. I am saying that by this public discourse on the evils of Christianity, we have given the world the impression that we wish to do away with Christianity and by extension Christians.

I said in an earlier post that the media should not just decry the beheadings but also the reason for them, thinking it is ok to kill someone one because they are a Christian or a Muslim of a different group. I now include Jews and any others that ISIS/ISIL chooses to kill simply because they have a different faith, or even those of no faith.

I have focused on Christians because that is the focus of the topic of this thread.

edit on 13-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I'm afraid there's not too much I can say here

I sincerely hope that you can pull back a bit, look around at this world - and try and realize that everything that happens is not about you

I understand that you're afraid - fear doesn't always allow us to see very far. Maybe you should try questioning the motives of those people that are telling you to be so afraid. That seems like it might be a good place to start

I apologize for not realizing sooner how bad bad really is

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: sdcigarpig

This is true. There is very little room left for live and let live as that would mean that those of no faith would have to tolerate the expression of faith and vice versa.

I would simply like the latitude to raise my son with faith in the house and in his life. Unfortunately, we are going to have to live like paupers in order to afford the private school tuition for the one school that uses the curriculum and approach we like and won't force us into declaring a church but simply be content with us as un-churched Christians. But the alternative is a public school with a weak curriculum and no tolerance for any kind of faith, not even a comparative religions class.

a totally secular school?

wouldn't that be hell on earth for the kids?

i see what the OP is saying but for a longer time. it goes back as far as JFK in political circles, for me.
longer as another poster said.

Nietzsche died babbling biblical verse after a decade of insanity and now they sell bibles in his house. lol.
sorry, don't know where that came from.

christians are easy to blame and bash.
we are the GW Bush of the religious world.

obama says helping the christians in iraq is not in the nations interest. a nation that is 80+% christian?!
wtf is he thinking?

and i agree, the "keep it in the home or church" is ridiculous.

btw, what money does gov have that is not the taxpayers?
why don't atheists open schools with their own money?

and! i'm sick of the media keeping the names of the complainers out of sight.
name the parents of the kid that is being abused by a religious symbol or whatever, who then forces the school to do something.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You have a great point.

There truly does appear to be a concerted effort on the part of atheists to destroy Christianity. This effort does appear to have become ingrained in the government.

There has been a concerted effort to brainwash people into misunderstanding the constitution.

Ask the average person on the street and I'd bet dollars to donuts that they would say the constitution guarantees
Freedom from religion
when the constitution really says:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I totally agree that it appears that atheists and the US government actually think Christianity is a threat to themselves and want to do away with it.

The irony is they appear to think Islam is not a threat with what appears to be support of Islam, while ISIS or ISIL is currently calling for the death of all non Islamics.

Christians did, I admit, have the crusades,
but also Christians have repented and grown and changed to be totally non-violent and to never more try to force conversion.

ISIS or ISIL is engaged in what will be seen by history as the "great genocidal Crusade of Islam", yet atheists and the government coddle Islam whilst persecuting Christianity.

To those of you who are Muslim, I'm sorry if you are kind, loving and pacifist; but the Christian will always be stained by the crusades; and the Muslim will always be stained by the "great genocide" that is occurring.

There is no freedom of religion in America. Just ask the Mormons who had to change their teachings to go from a territory to a state. Or ask Native Americans who want to eat mushrooms or peyote if they can do so without consequences from the federal government. A very good book to read is Ain’t nobody’s business.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

No one is telling me to be afraid, I am not afraid. My eyes are simply open to what is happening in the world.

I am being a realist.

I see people like CB328 publically calling for the destruction of Christianity all the time on ATS, this is no an unusual statement for this or any other USA board.

The OP is correct, there are many out there like CB328 who are trying to destroy Christianity.

The only way to destroy Christianity is by extension to destroy Christians. At least ISIS/ISIL is being honest in what they are doing.

Those who think that I am looking at a boogie man need only look at the news. The boogie man is here and the people who publicly say things like CB328 do hold some responsibility for it.

I am angered, yes, at people who don't realize that "hating" on anyone can have consequences. Words said over and over incite action, often unintended action, sometimes brutal action.

So am I afraid, no. I am angry that people in the US feel it is ok to "hate" on any one group. No matter who they are.

All groups have their fringe element and extremists, but to constantly say that the fringe or extreme represents the larger group is fraud on the grandest scale.

The people who are "bad" are the ones who think it is ok to be hateful toward one person for the actions of someone they don't know and don't agree with, just because they wear the same label.

There is real, and not imagined hatred out there for Christians and those who deny it have their head in the sand. Just look at the words of CB328. It's there, clear, very clear.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

We will never agree, but that is ok, and it is clear you agree it is ok.

Actually, I would prefer that "we" all sit down and talk it over...rather than simply disagreeing.

Wish more people thought that "It's ok we have differing ideas, opinions, beliefs"

So do I, as long as when they think that, they are not pushing war and violence and damnation. So that we could all live together and not give a rip about what "beliefs" are held. If people would only keep their religious beliefs to themselves.

:cry:

yeah and will non believers keep to themselves?

you people start first.

everyone should STFU about everything. hell yeah, that will work.
tear down all social media. everything.

go back to carving rocks and cave painting. oh, wait..

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

All these groups are doing is getting religion out of state sponsored activities

Agreed, but modern, American Christianity really does need to go. Not only has it become a charicature of stupidity, but really does a lot of damage to our society, other countries, and our planet.

"modern american christianity?" what's that?

naw, there are over 2 billion christians, it makes more logical/logistical sense to get rid of non christians.

hey, maybe they got something there with the whole, convert, pay or die.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Christians are the largest and they have the most power, it just comes with the territory. Muslims and Jews get plenty of criticism though. If you don't see it, it's because you don't want to.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I am a Christian,

what I find quite amusing is the assumptions that "Christianity bashers" have already made about me from reading 4 simple words.

The Truth, you know NOTHING about me from those 4 words. The people who comprise the Christian religion are as diverse as the people who comprise the whole of society.

Some are extremely intelligent
some are not

Some are devout and genuine
some are not

Some actually grasp the theology behind Christianity properly
Most do not

Fools condemn concepts that they do not understand. The vast majority of people within Christianity do not properly grasp its foundations or core precepts.... Far fewer grasp it properly from outside the Church.

Chances are most people reading this have no idea what True Christianity actually presents to humanity. For Truth, and True Christians for that matter, are not established by the power of man or his intellect. We think more highly of ourselves then we ought.

Rather we will only be lifted up once we are humble.
We will only gain a fuller grasp of Truth once we forsake our own devices and flawed reasoning.

Christianity is built on a bedrock of Power, not originating from the material world, but rather is manifested here out of a deeper reality which exists beneath, and within, and above the physical world which we can touch, taste, feel, and see. It is beyond our ability to test with instruments of science, in fact we can only detect it with the part of ourselves that originates from that same plane of reality.

Outside space and time, our eternal connection to the eternal world can be explored, denied, scoffed at, drowned out, embraced... each one follows his own path.

I am content to not interfere with you following your own path... extend me that same courtesy.

I will pray, speak, and write whatever I please, wherever and whenever i deem it a fit environment to do so. Nobody is obligated to listen or observe... but I will freely express myself according to my religion regardless of the naysayers.

Your just going to have to get over it.
Cause there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Blessings to you all
Soul Reaper

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

You should watch some more Christian TV shows, the news on those shows is even worse than Fox and CNN, it is all about the persecution, they hate you because of Jesus.

This nonsense is just part of the total and COMPLETE brainwashing programs that affect this entire planet, and it works entirely, EVEN so much so, that people stop actually reading the Books of the Official Religions, and start making up scenarios which are more dramatic than ever before.

I have confidence, that all of them though, even the Christians, will wake up and see that they have been had.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It's quite funny, because on other social media almost all my US leftist friends post about is how stupid the Christian right is, and my Christian friends mostly post about how stupid atheism and humanism is!
Perhaps this obsession with each other is one result of the "culture wars" that have been raging for a long time.

I think there is some truth to the notion that a lot of gender issues in other religions aren't addressed by the left, for example, simply because the left dislikes Christianity more than de facto gender oppression in much of the Islamic world.
Especially in academia, glaring gender inequality and oppression in Saudi Arabia is hard to criticize without feeling that the label of "Islamophobe" is dangling over one's head.

On the other hand, how has the hegemonic form of "reborn" fundamentalist Christianity behaved?
I mean they've already debunked and demonized any other religion by their own books and media.
Atheists would be flogging a dead horse by repeating it, although they sometimes do.
Such Christians don't really support gender equality, and they still speak about a "Gay Agenda", when gays could be great allies against radical Islam, and many of my gay friends attend various churches.
Yet, the discourse still deliberately claims we (gays) all have an anti-Christian agenda!
I mean there has been a lot of alienating Christian rubbish.
That certainly doesn't make me like other religions more - I'd rather live in a Christian society that under Sharia law.

I'd also think that if the US laws say religion and state must be separate, then that should go for all religions.

Of course we're talking about wider social trends here, because specific atheists have debated Muslims, or other influential "gurus" like Deepak Chopra.

Perhaps the fact that some religious groups are still getting away with planting religious practices, pseudoscience and ideas all over the place is because there's still too little agnosticism/atheism, science education, information on various cults and religious sects and what they have to say about race and gender, or issues like slavery and classism.
I think many people would be shocked.

The problem is that fundamentalist Christianity (most of it loosely based on Jack T. Chick tracts), has focused on untenable conspiracies while ignoring real social issues and inequalities.
We are so used to getting bigotry, financial shenanigans, generalizations, fake prophesies and half-truths from that quarter that they're not likely to be taken seriously, even when they do catch a real danger or inconsistency.

edit on 14-8-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

There seems to be a consorted conspiracy against Christianity.

Only logic eroding at the cores,
of different faiths and beliefs from ancient history.
edit on 14-8-2014 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join