It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Onesided Destruction of Christianity in America

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Christianity is in a mess.

I've been a Christian for the past 20 so at least, I know what is going on with it.

It has both false doctrines and the "victim mentality". They are like the Jews during WW2....

However, if Christians only followed the teachings of Christ, they are much less likely to have been affected by global conflicts.

Because they have dirtied themselves with the mud of this world, it will indeed get dirty.

Persecution is not always a sign of truth for the devil has martyrs too.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I would feel sorry for Christians, but then I remember about them shoving their anti-abortion and anti-contraception into laws and into schools and deny rape victims emergency contraception etc.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: technical difficulties

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: technical difficulties

I gave up reading all the bull after the first 5 pages. After that you guys are just being jerks.

Yes, I'm clearly a jerk for wanting reliable information instead of just headlines. No, not the person who expects the reader to do their work for them, but the guy calling that person out on their laziness. Just post your sources for the stories in the OP, this isn't hard to understand.

I know how you feel. I wanted sources for his claims all the way back on page 1 and never got them. This whole thread is just a sensationalized mess.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats
I would feel sorry for Christians, but then I remember about them shoving their anti-abortion and anti-contraception into laws and into schools and deny rape victims emergency contraception etc.

WOW, that is some of the worst hate ever.

There are no anti-abortion laws anymore, there have even been lately, laws being proposed for post-birth abortion if the abortion was botched (I believe someone quite powerful in the US proposed this very law) - so all women in the US are free to have an abortion until the baby breathes on its own for now and I anticipate until the mother agrees it should live in the near future.

There are no anti-contraception laws
especially in schools where school nurses and educators are free to hand out condoms if they wish

No one is denying rape victims emergency contraception
they can even get it on their own at a drug store
unless you are angry they may have to pay for it

So you can now be happy, the Christians "lost" on all these issues, rejoice

Also, no one is forcing you to be upset at the beheading of Christians, you are quite free to think they had it coming.

All the reasons you think Christians don't deserve for you to feel sorry for them are issues they lost in the general population, so where is the power they hold?

The only power these extremist Christians
(with whom I don't identify as true Christian, nor do I agree with, as the loving Muslim doesn't identify ISIS as true Muslim)
As I was saying the only power these extremist Christians truly have is to irritate people and they can only do that if people let them.

But DO NOT equate all Christians with these wackos like WBC, unless you are quite openly and vocally willing to equate all Muslims with ISIS/ISIL.

Then you will be consistent at least, it's like blaming all teachers for the teachers who sexually abuse children, the consistent argument you are making would be by extension: all teachers either sexually abuse children or secretly want to sexually abuse children. That is the logic of your Christian bashing.

edit on 14-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: additon

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

very few ATS members seem to be aware of that

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

How can you say that?

2001: The Alan Guttmacher Institute: They reported in 2001-JUL that 37.4% of all abortions are performed on Protestant women; 18% of all abortions are done on born-again Protestants. 2 Since "Born-again" believers constitute over 40% of the American adult population, they were thus very much under-represented among those women having abortions.

2006: The Center for Reason: Responding to a claim by some conservative Christian leaders that abortion is an evil perpetrated by non-Christians, the Center -- a private research group -- decided to conduct a study to determine whether Christians have a fewer abortions per capita than do non-Christians. They determined that Christians have as many abortions per capita than do non-Christians. They analyzed state-by-state data -- perhaps from the CDC -- and found that the rate of abortion is the same in the most Christian segments of the population as it is in the least-Christian. However, the most highly Catholic segments of the nation showed significantly higher abortion rates.

Abortion isn't a "Christian" issue, it's a women's issue! Of course, we know that many Christians ARE anti woman's rights when it comes to their reproductive choices and equity in the work place.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

No one's attacking Christianity. Think what you want. believe what you want. Your beliefs however do not trump my right to not be influenced by your religion. Just like smoking in public, loud music in public, etc. Do what you like until you start disturbing others. Pretty easy to abide by, actually. It's when people start to think that their way of life is more important than the ways of others. Then those 'entitled' people start to feel as though it's their responsiblity to make sure other people conform. Then the problems start. Respect for others is the key to harmony. Just an opinion, of course.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
There are no anti-abortion laws anymore ... so all women in the US are free to have an abortion until the baby breathes on its own

That's not true. Many states prohibit abortion after 20 weeks and "partial birth" abortions are banned as well. Source

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm a Christian and I will humbly admit nowhere near a perfect one, these atheist groups are the biggest jokes in the universe. They go out of their way to rally against a God and religion they don't even believe in, then SOME of the groups go promoting radical Islam and that seems to be perfectly ok. I have no problems with atheists, some of my best friends are atheists, that being said it's a group just like radical Islam and other idiots that want to tear decent people and their beliefs apart.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Oops! Wrong thread.
edit on 14-8-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

There are no anti-abortion laws anymore ... so all women in the US are free to have an abortion until the baby breathes on its own

That's not true. Many states prohibit abortion after 20 weeks and "partial birth" abortions are banned as well. Source

True but no one stops any woman from going to a state where she can get a partial birth abortion. Unless the anger is over the fact that she has to spend money to go get it. But she is not stopped from doing so if she travels to a state where it is offered, not wanting to her to have to pay to travel is not the same as stopping her from doing it.

Christians as a whole are not stopping anything that people are whining about. Why not just ignore the wacko element in Christianity? Why even care what the fringe element thinks, even if they are vocal, so what, nothing they want is actually happening - which is probably for the best.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Christians as a whole are not stopping anything that people are whining about. Why not just ignore the wacko element in Christianity? Why even care what the fringe element thinks, even if they are vocal, so what, nothing they want is actually happening - which is probably for the best.

What they want is happening! If the Christian Right has its way, these anti-abortion laws will be in EVERY state. Their goal is to outlaw abortion in the US. It's not complete YET, but their mission is clear and they are being successful.

If they don't want an abortion, they shouldn't have one. But thinking that their religious views should apply to everyone and making it their life's work to make it so, is what aggravates me about the whole religion.

THAT'S why people are pushing back at Christianity. Muslims and Jews aren't trying to deny women their rights, it's Christians. Buddhists and Hindus aren't trying to ban gay marriage, it's Christians.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot

Dear Chester'

"Yet over the last year, I have not seen these supposed anti-religious groups attack any other religion except Christianity.
So why is that?"

That would be because we live in a country that is overwhelmingly Christian.
I am a "secular humanist" but I hold no animus toward the vast majority of Christians.
And that includes you, Chester John.

I beseech you to have some faith in the goodwill of those
you might otherwise question.

Look around you.
Do you not still see many that praise Jesus?

Did I ever say I was a Christian in the OP? reading something into a text that is an error, that reveals that many do not really know how comprehend without reading into the text.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

No one's attacking Christianity. Think what you want. believe what you want. Your beliefs however do not trump my right to not be influenced by your religion. Just like smoking in public, loud music in public, etc. Do what you like until you start disturbing others. Pretty easy to abide by, actually. It's when people start to think that their way of life is more important than the ways of others. Then those 'entitled' people start to feel as though it's their responsiblity to make sure other people conform. Then the problems start. Respect for others is the key to harmony. Just an opinion, of course.

So true

But every group unfortunately feels the need to disrespect others:
for instance the mandated tiny school lunches, where home packed lunches are confiscated for lack of a veggie
for instance trying to forbid people from buying a 32oz or larger soda
for instance making certain words so unacceptable that even people who uttered them years ago are fired from jobs

for instance, what happened to me once, after years of working with someone peacefully and with good relations, and then they discovered I am a Christian, throwing a chair at me in a college professor's meeting and not being disciplined for it because it was sort of justified because no one knew until then I was a Christian. (that's how in your face I am/was at work and in public)

for instance making it impossible for people to express a non-PC thought without fear of retribution and punishment for holding the idea (even if one never acted on it or ever had any intention of acting on it)

Thanks for getting my point, every group has their crazies (atheists, Christians, Muslims, teachers, whatever)
everyone associated with that group
should not be assumed to be as crazy as the fringe element
should not be ridiculed publicly and bashed publicly because of the actions of the fringe element

Your beliefs however do not trump my right to not be influenced by your religion.

The beliefs of the PC police do not trump my right not to be influenced by their beliefs and ideas, as an extension of your argument.
Also as an extension of the argument: The beliefs of the progressives/liberals/atheists do not trump my right not to be influenced by their beliefs and ideas. et. al.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: igor_ats

You know Christians are not just Americans? Right?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: technical difficulties

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: technical difficulties

I gave up reading all the bull after the first 5 pages. After that you guys are just being jerks.

Yes, I'm clearly a jerk for wanting reliable information instead of just headlines. No, not the person who expects the reader to do their work for them, but the guy calling that person out on their laziness. Just post your sources for the stories in the OP, this isn't hard to understand.

I know how you feel. I wanted sources for his claims all the way back on page 1 and never got them. This whole thread is just a sensationalized mess.

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND. No seek and you remain ignorant. I make my students research if you want to see if the things I say are true then search for them. You will not because you don't want too. You will probably use the excuse I have no time. But you spent a lot of time bashing and slamming, take that time to do your research.

I gave a hint to the high school in question, and I gave link but you didn't do your research.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Are they getting crucified?

Then no.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: grandmakdw

How can you say that?

2001: The Alan Guttmacher Institute: They reported in 2001-JUL that 37.4% of all abortions are performed on Protestant women; 18% of all abortions are done on born-again Protestants. 2 Since "Born-again" believers constitute over 40% of the American adult population, they were thus very much under-represented among those women having abortions.

2006: The Center for Reason: Responding to a claim by some conservative Christian leaders that abortion is an evil perpetrated by non-Christians, the Center -- a private research group -- decided to conduct a study to determine whether Christians have a fewer abortions per capita than do non-Christians. They determined that Christians have as many abortions per capita than do non-Christians. They analyzed state-by-state data -- perhaps from the CDC -- and found that the rate of abortion is the same in the most Christian segments of the population as it is in the least-Christian. However, the most highly Catholic segments of the nation showed significantly higher abortion rates.

Abortion isn't a "Christian" issue, it's a women's issue! Of course, we know that many Christians ARE anti woman's rights when it comes to their reproductive choices and equity in the work place.

And many Christians ARE not against women's rights in the work place, as a matter of fact from my vast experience with Christians, I'd say most are very concerned about equity in the work place and in the home.

You assume Christians are anti reproductive choices without knowing the reality. You are basing this idea on the vocal minority. Let me tell you a true story: in the 70's I had a friend who had an anencephalic baby (no brain) and was appalled that she was forced to carry to term. I found that to be an immoral action on the part of the then government.
So your assumptions that ALL (whatever) believe something that a vocal minority are screaming, is the view of everyone is so off base.

Tell me any group you identify with and I'll tell you of a fringe element that is embarrassing for you to be associated with and lumped in with. That is unfair, and you are being prejudiced/bigoted toward all Christians for the actions of an unfortunately vocal minority, that you assume to be the majority opinion.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Are they getting crucified?

Then no.

They are getting crucified in the middle east.

They are being beheaded.

Their children are being beheaded and cut in half.

Their mothers and sisters are being used as sex slaves, then slaughtered.

And no one mentions the motive behind it, anti-Christian sentiment, just say its wrong, not that the motive is wrong.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

Again who said Christinalty is "my Religion"?

I stated no such information in any of my post or in the OP.

It is amazing to see that such intelligent people show their prejudice in their inability to read within the context. You cannot with good sense or judgement read in between the lines.

If you were one of my students, and I were to assign you a 1,000 word book report and you placed in that report assumptions that were not in the book, as you have done in this thread, I would fail you, for failure to give a correct book report. I do not care for read-between-the-lines opinions.

edit on 14-8-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join