It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Onesided Destruction of Christianity in America

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You can tell the war against Christianity is working by the number of anti Christian post daily, and the apologetic post other religions get, even while Christians are being raped beheaded and crucified in places in the middle east, people still hate them.

Kinda like how the Jews are treated on this forum.

Lets see, I keep waiting for the Anti Christian crowd to be as appalled at the genocide taking place in the ME, but yet there are pages and pages of post on how detrimental church is to your mental health, whatever.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND. No seek and you remain ignorant. I make my students research if you want to see if the things I say are true then search for them. You will not because you don't want too.

Yeah?

My parents made me "seek" to find out when I had questions. So, I did. But YOU told ME to read FoxNews...while THEY told me to read encyclopedias, scientific journals, dictionaries, etc....

and you're a teacher?
Oh, I could SO go off on a tirade about your poor grammar and communication skills....
but I won't. I'll just let you think about the sentence you typed:

"You will not because you don't want too."

For the record, I spent some time on FoxNews this morning, and compared it to what I read on CNN.
Just saying.

May I ask what subject it is you teach?

edit on 8/14/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Oh for crying out loud!

The Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003

The law was enacted in 2003, and in 2007 its constitutionality was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court, in the case of Gonzales v. Carhart.

Christians as a whole are not stopping anything that people are whining about.

Not for their lack of trying! And, Christian activists have made it difficult, if not impossible for some women, who aren't wealthy enough to go to another state to get the same legal and constitutionally protected services as women of means.

Tough anti-abortion laws examined in federal court

These and other cases result from the vast array of abortion restrictions approved by Republican-controlled legislatures in recent years. The laws take several different forms, including restricting the availability of abortion medication, curtailing insurance coverage for abortion, imposing new requirements on abortion clinics and providers, and prohibiting most abortions after 20 weeks.

I'm guessing you're okay with wealthy women getting abortions, as long as poor women, who may already have kids and can't take care of any more, can't get them. If so, you can thank the Christian Right for that!

edit on 14-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Christians as a whole are not stopping anything that people are whining about. Why not just ignore the wacko element in Christianity? Why even care what the fringe element thinks, even if they are vocal, so what, nothing they want is actually happening - which is probably for the best.

What they want is happening! If the Christian Right has its way, these anti-abortion laws will be in EVERY state. Their goal is to outlaw abortion in the US. It's not complete YET, but their mission is clear and they are being successful.

If they don't want an abortion, they shouldn't have one. But thinking that their religious views should apply to everyone and making it their life's work to make it so, is what aggravates me about the whole religion.

THAT'S why people are pushing back at Christianity. Muslims and Jews aren't trying to deny women their rights, it's Christians. Buddhists and Hindus aren't trying to ban gay marriage, it's Christians.

I have spoken clearly about the abortion issue in an earlier post.

The words THEY, THEM, THEIR MISSION, is a way of saying Christians are sub-human, and lumping millions of people into one mold. When people make a group sub-human with rhetoric like yours, it leads to things like ISIS thinking Christians are sub-human, bad, and should be eliminated.

Please don't tell me radical Muslims aren't denying women their rights, that is beyond absurd. Saying their attitude toward women is better than the Christian view and treatment of women is to be blind at best.

Not everyone who is a non-Christian supports gay marriage
Not all Christians are against it, that is a prejudiced/bigoted attitude of projected the actions of a few onto the whole
There are Christian churches who are performing gay marriages and have openly gay clergy, what of them?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND. No seek and you remain ignorant. I make my students research if you want to see if the things I say are true then search for them. You will not because you don't want too.

Yeah?

My parents made me "seek" to find out when I had questions. So, I did. But YOU told ME to read FoxNews...

and you're a teacher?
Oh, I could SO go off on a tirade about your poor grammar and communication skills....
but I won't. I'll just let you think about the sentence you typed:

"You will not because you don't want too."
He too doesn't want? OMG. He doesn't want, too? He also doesn't want? He doesn't want to? LOL
For the record, I spent some time on FoxNews this morning, and compared it to what I read on CNN.
Just saying.

May I ask what subject it is you teach?

I am a teacher but not English. I have very poor grammar at times. My weakness is punctuation.

No, you, may read any site you want so google away. My students find they remember info better if they take the time to look for it themselves.

Relative dynamics of interactive relationships

sorry I deleted my intrucitonal course on last edit.
edit on 14-8-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
You can tell the war against Christianity is working by the number of anti Christian post daily, and the apologetic post other religions get, even while Christians are being raped beheaded and crucified in places in the middle east, people still hate them.

Kinda like how the Jews are treated on this forum.

Lets see, I keep waiting for the Anti Christian crowd to be as appalled at the genocide taking place in the ME, but yet there are pages and pages of post on how detrimental church is to your mental health, whatever.

You go girl.

Thank you for chiming in.

None of the people bashing Christians here will acknowledge that
the beheading of Christian people is wrong to do (not for inhumanity alone)
but for the sole reason they are Christians.

Even one poster said outright Christians are a blight on the earth. So I guess he condones violence against Christians for the sole reason they are Christians. This is genocide, holocaust, evil thinking to the core.

Will even one of you who are bashing christians say:

it is wrong to persecute people just because of the religion they hold?

I bet not one of you who have been "screaming" at me about the evils of Christians
will acknowledge the great evil of choosing children because of their parents religion and slicing them in half, posting it on facebook, is wrong because
everyone has a right to their faith

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Atheists are not pushing their views on others in th examples you give. They are protecting religious freedom which includes freedom from religion. Forcing an entire team to pray before a game is forcing beleifs on others. If prayer is banned it doesnt mean someone cant pray on their own. Those who are destrayino christianity the most are not atheists or muslims but other christians. There are Christian extreme groups like the KKK or Westbro Baptist Church who make Christians lose faith.
edit on 14-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

No you can read any site you want so google away. My students find they remember info better if they take the time to look for it themselves.

So, do they have access to things like JSTOR and other scholarly journal sites? Because if you're expecting them to "learn" and "remember" from MSM, I have another gripe about your teaching skills.

relative dynamics of interactive relationships.

This is what you teach?
OMG

You do realize, of course, that there are options on the Google main page, at the top, where it says "More", and you can click on it and choose "Google Scholar".
Right?

Or, do your students even know how to look up scholarly, peer-reviewed journals? To look for texts published by major universities?
Rather than tuning in to Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity?
Do you teach them that?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

They are getting crucified in the middle east.

They are being beheaded.

Their children are being beheaded and cut in hal

I guarantee you THEY DON'T care, I have yet to see many Christian hater's post support for the Christians of the middle east who are being crucified, actually quite the opposite, one actually thought the Yezidi deserved it,

And their silence speaks VOLUMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“In the End we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends.”

I truly believe some like it, in fact I know they do.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

So because you disagree with me

because you think ALL Christians think in evil ways

because you think ALL Christians are ... whatever

they are all out to get you, to get women?

I will never, ever, be able to convince you that not ALL Christians think the way you think they do.

You are one of the people who obviously think Christians are evil,
that kind of thinking leads to
the evil we are seeing in the ME
as justified and what Christians deserve.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I thought the Christians themselves were doing a pretty good job attacking the Muslims?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

it is wrong to persecute people just because of the religion they hold?

NONE of them have shown up on the several Christian persecution topics I have started, except to be anti Christian

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
Atheists are not pushing their views on others in th examples you give. They are protecting religious freedom which includes freedom from religion. Forcing an entire team to pray before a game is forcing beleifs on others. If prayer is banned it doesnt mean someone cant pray on their own. Those who are destraying christianity the most are not atheists or muslims but other christians.

You are so wrong.

Their are many atheists who are trying to force others to believe the way they do. Atheists are like any group, they have their fringe element who are very very vocal - see the OP, and try their best to force others to think as they do, ridicule those who don't think as they do.

I don't see any Christians beheading other Christians because they are Christians.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Atheism is a single belif. It is not a group. They differ entirely person to person as much as a theist would but more than a christian because the number of beleifs that defines the term. You can not even name a single example.
edit on 14-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Aural
Atheists are not pushing their views on others in th examples you give. They are protecting religious freedom which includes freedom from religion. Forcing an entire team to pray before a game is forcing beleifs on others. If prayer is banned it doesnt mean someone cant pray on their own. Those who are destraying christianity the most are not atheists or muslims but other christians.

Apparently you haven't done enough research into the story (BTW not just from foxnews, just because the link to the story is at foxnews does not mean you should stop there.)

No one is forced to participate and even the ONE person who through the AHA that filled sent the letter was not forced to participate.
edit on 14-8-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

link   

No, they just use all sorts of devices. From dunking witches, to burning them.

3 centuries ain't long enough.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I don't see any Christians beheading other Christians because they are Christians.

Do you see Christians pouring acid down children's throats because they are "possessed"?
Do you see Christians ordering 'gays' to be killed in Uganda?

Because - they were. Are.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

You are correct in your observation.

If you read all the pages in this thread

you will not find a single anti-Christian, Christian basher

saying that Christians and Christian children do not deserve to be brutally murdered
just because of their faith

NOT ONE

Who then really has bad intentions in their heart toward others?

Those who ignore the killing of Christians and Muslims (of the "wrong" sect) for simply having faith in their God

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Do you see Christians pouring acid down children's throats because they are "possessed"?
Do you see Christians ordering 'gays' to be killed in Uganda?

Those things are wrong. I won't debate that.

Will you acknowledge that killing Christians for simply being Christian is evil and wrong?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

But does it really matter? They can still pray by themselves. Whether they should or should not be able to encourage group prayer is subjective and should not relly be considered an attack. Some atheists dont mind but other atheists or anyone of another beleif may feel like they are being made uncomforatable being left out of part of a group activity within a team.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join