It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Onesided Destruction of Christianity in America

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
a reply to: grandmakdw

You know what the difference between Christianity, and the other two Abrahamic religions, in todays modern world. Freedom of speech...of Choice..and of opinion. And all those thing Christianity claims to offer.

I personally don't care if Christians feel victimized, I mean, the religions just as blood soaked as the other two.

And yet, the Christian Army, whose Idol is that of the of the Eagle, who mimics a Thunder god, smiting, and instilling fear in friend or foe, like it was justice.

Im srry, but Christians have to much freedom of speech.

Wow, very scary words

I gather you are saying it is justice the killing of babies because their parents are Christians?

Get rid of the freedom of speech for one group, you eventually lose it for everyone.

1984, my friend is what you are advocating.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
I am not a part of the "extremist" Christians,

You don't vote against people's right to gay marriage and abortion? I'd really like to know the answer to that.

There IS real, not imagined bigotry, prejudice, and even hatred of ALL Christians for the actions of the vocal few.

Now you know what it feels like to be Muslim.

Do you admit there is some blind undeserved hatred of ALL Christians because of a small vocal group of people offended by the actions of a few vocal Christians? Because that is what I have seen throughout this thread.

I will admit that there is some blind, undeserved hatred of all Christians, just like there is some blind, undeserved hatred of all atheists, Muslims, police officers, business executives, politicians, lawyers, women, etc. Christians are NOT alone in being hated.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Got more than you bargained for huh?

You have to realize that in forums like this, people say things, including me, that they would never say in person.

This is a place where people frequently misunderstand each other because as was pointed out earlier 90% of communication is non-verbal.

So misunderstandings occur, which lead to selective reading, even on my part I agree.

This is definitely NOT a place to judge intellectualism or reading skills, or comprehension skills. Because people get blinded by emotion (even me I admit) simply because we are far less civil than we would be in person.

If you did not believe what you wrote in the OP, and never said so until now, you have done an unethical experiment. You purposely got people upset and then sat back and goaded and watched what happened. Any ethics board would severely reprimand you.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Their are many atheists who are trying to force others to believe the way they do.

But are they working with the legal system to DENY your rights to practice your religion? Are they outlawing churches? Denying your right to pray? NO!

Ah, yes they are.

Show me. How can they deny your right to pray? It's impossible! Maybe you can't lead a group in Christian prayer, but you can ALWAYS pray.
edit on 8/14/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
they absolutely are.

Show me where they're outlawing churches and prohibiting you from praying.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

If you did not believe what you wrote in the OP, and never said so until now, you have done an unethical experiment. You purposely got people upset and then sat back and goaded and watched what happened. Any ethics board would severely reprimand you.

EXACTLY!!!

I was too intimidated (lol!) to post that myself; I hate being flamed - but it's precisely what I was thinking.

Gha. I hope the mods are watching. What ever happened to "informed consent"?

edit on 8/14/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Their are many atheists who are trying to force others to believe the way they do.

But are they working with the legal system to DENY your rights to practice your religion? Are they outlawing churches? Denying your right to pray? NO!

Ah, yes they are.

Show me.

I give up. You and I have diametrically opposed views, you will never convince me and I will never convince you. We have sparred on other threads to absolutely no avail. I agree to disagree with you, if you agree to disagree with me. Truce.

Besides, look at the latest post by the OP, he started this thread with the sole idea of putting out a controversial topic, and then sit back and observe the reactions and posts. My guess is for either : his entertainment : or for a high school or college paper (I hope his teacher tells him how unethical this is)

Let's stop entertaining the little brat.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

maybe that's a two way street, I'm sick and tied of atheist propaganda, and morals are a personal thing, I have a right to my personal opinion as do you, when one side tries to silence the other it become an issue, it is all about balance and the world is off kilter, more-so ever day

I don't understand why so many atheist side with Islam when it is a thousand time more strict then Christianity today,

THATS GONNA BACKFIRE ON YA, BTW

and then there are the members that are caving because posting has become a personality contest, sickening

edit on 123131p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

"Psalm 137:9"
"Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."

I so know where this going. Honestly, if I was Caesar, I'd execute every religion, so they would miss the ability to speak without be persecuted like it was the AntiChrist.

edit on 14-8-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I give up.

Because you cannot show me where Christians are being denied their rights.

I don't give a crap about the OP. I don't even believe 75% of what he/she wrote. I'm trying to make a point to YOU. I'm trying to help you understand why there is this "hatred" for the Christian Right that some call "persecution". But when we get right down to the nitty gritty of the argument, you give up.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Please read my last post, what we are all doing is for the pure entertainment or curiosity of the OP We must all abandon this thread and stop entertaining the OP

Outta here, I am appalled at the OP behavior and will not engage in any further discourse for his/her entertainment.

edit on 14-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: goodbye, adios, will not be back

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

My guess is for either : his entertainment : or for a high school or college paper

I thought that was odd too,

It happened a lot on another forum I posted at many years ago

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

LOL!!!

You are right.
I'm out.
Thanks for the dialogue, peeps.

@OP: shame on you!!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Everything is a learning experience, the topic was still valuable in the sense that is shows peoples true colors

I would have to hang my head in shame at some of the post people make on ATS

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I'm sick and tied of atheist propaganda, and morals are a personal thing, I have a right to my personal opinion as do you, when one side tries to silence the other it become an issue,

Atheists are not trying to outlaw your religious practices. You are FREE to practice your religion and you always will be.

I don't understand why so many atheist side with Islam when it is a thousand time more strict then Christianity today,

I don't "side" with ANY religion. I support their right to practice their religion, but when they infringe on others' rights, you bet I have a problem with it. Please see this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

So because you disagree with me

because you think ALL Christians think in evil ways

because you think ALL Christians are ... whatever

they are all out to get you, to get women?

I will never, ever, be able to convince you that not ALL Christians think the way you think they do.

You are one of the people who obviously think Christians are evil,
that kind of thinking leads to
the evil we are seeing in the ME
as justified and what Christians deserve.

You're the one who said that Christians aren't interfering with women's rights. I showed you where you were wrong. Now, all you have left is your perceived bias of those facts and to attack my integrity.

The truth is only Christians are trying to ban abortion and birth control, and want legislation to come between a woman and her doctor. Only Christians are pushing creationism and biblical history to be taught in public schools. Only Christians are fighting to keep the Ten Commandments on display in public court rooms. It's only Christians calling for the right to legally discriminate based on their beliefs.

edit on 14-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I remember a few years back how I was called an Islamophope by some of the atheist on the forum because I started pro women topics in the face of Islamic persecution, or thought they had a right to drive, or posted information on the hanging of homosexuals, or the stoning of women.

Or on the death Neda Sultan

seriously?

Some of the same posters on this topic attacked me.

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter

So people will be brought low
and everyone humbled,
the eyes of the arrogant humbled.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

U mean, he is dancing around, playing a flute, while at the same time, the city on fire?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I remember a few years back how I was called an Islamophope

We ALL get called things here. I've been called many things. You have to have a tough skin to play in this sandbox.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honor is humility.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join