It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Onesided Destruction of Christianity in America

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
a reply to: grandmakdw

No, they just use all sorts of devices. From dunking witches, to burning them.

3 centuries ain't long enough.

And so it is ok for Christians to be killed today just because weird/fringe/extremist people who call themselves Christians did evil.

So that makes it ok to kill little Christian children just to get "rid" of Christianity and only for the reason of getting rid of Christianity.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Aural

Yes atheist do shove their opinions down peoples throats and they have throughout history

The Soviet Union was the first state to have as an ideological objective the elimination of religion. Toward that end, the Communist regime confiscated church property, ridiculed religion, harassed believers, and propagated atheism in the schools. Actions toward particular religions, however, were determined by State interests, and most organized religions were never outlawed.

The main target of the anti-religious campaign in the 1920s and 1930s was the Russian Orthodox Church, which had the largest number of faithful. Nearly all of its clergy, and many of its believers, were shot or sent to labor camps. Theological schools were closed, and church publications were prohibited. By 1939 only about 500 of over 50,000 churches remained open.

www.loc.gov...

en.wikipedia.org...

And it can happen fast in a short time period, the atheist are working toward it here.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Navy 'Caves' to Atheists, Yanks Bibles from Hotels

www.cbn.com...

Ron Crews, director of the Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty, is calling on the Navy to reverse its "censorship."

"A Bible in a hotel room is no more illegal than a chaplain in the military," Crews stated. "It's tiresome to see senior military leaders needlessly cave in to activist groups offended by anything Christian."

AFA President Tim Wildmon said this incident highlights another religious freedom issue, noting the Navy is discouraging Christianity while defending Islam.

"The Navy is pushing for the mass removal of Bibles in hotel rooms across the country, yet U.S. soldiers are being encouraged to respect Muslims," he said.

Earlier this summer, soldiers were told to respect the rights of Muslims during Ramadan through a directive at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, a Department of Defense medical and graduate school in Bethesda, Maryland.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
If you were one of my students

We are NOT your students. You make claims, you back it up, just like everyone else here. Or else lose any credibility.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Those things are wrong. I won't debate that.

Will you acknowledge that killing Christians for simply being Christian is evil and wrong?

Of course!

Killing ANYONE for their beliefs is evil and wrong!!

I just don't understand how you are blaming the western media for encouraging Muslims to behead Christians - they are beheading EVERYONE, even the people who they ' question' and who agree to 'convert'!

It's WRONG on every level - but it is a Middle Eastern spat that has been going on for 1400 years...and is really none of our business - except that "business" is conducted there, so the West has a dog in the fight because OIL.

Those savages clearly DON'T want Western influence. And that's aside from the fact that they are organized psychopaths on a killing rampage.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
a reply to: ChesterJohn

But does it really matter? They can still pray by themselves. Whether they should or should not be able to encourage group prayer is subjective and should not relly be considered an attack. Some atheists dont mind but other atheists or anyone of another beleif may feel like they are being made uncomforatable being left out of part of a group activity within a team.

My goodness what an immature attitude.

You can't do .... because someone might feel left out

Well by extension, I feel left out at professional sports games because they won't let me play. That is so unfair, everyone in the stands should have a chance to play, or you are hurting someones feelings because they might feel left out of the activity within a team.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Are you kidding, Islam is under more attack than any religion with all this manufactured terrorism.

Also atheists attack it as often as they do Christianity it’s just that Islam is being undermined also but by surreptitious means.

Also, religion as a whole IS (no pun intended) under attack in the world because it may have outlived its usefulness in the mind of some.

link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
The words THEY, THEM, THEIR MISSION, is a way of saying Christians are sub-human, and lumping millions of people into one mold. When people make a group sub-human with rhetoric like yours, it leads to things like ISIS thinking Christians are sub-human, bad, and should be eliminated.

Don't put words into my mouth. There is a large group of right-wing Christians And I said the "Christian Right") who want to legally enforce their views onto the populace of this country. I'm talking about THIS country, not the Middle East.

Not all Christians are against it, that is a prejudiced/bigoted attitude of projected the actions of a few onto the whole
There are Christian churches who are performing gay marriages and have openly gay clergy, what of them?

I'm not talking about them!

link   

a reply to: Stormdancer777

You are correct in your observation.

If you read all the pages in this thread

you will not find a single anti-Christian, Christian basher

saying that Christians and Christian children do not deserve to be brutally murdered
just because of their faith

NOT ONE

Who then really has bad intentions in their heart toward others?

Those who ignore the killing of Christians and Muslims (of the "wrong" sect) for simply having faith in their God

I don't quite understand it, I have an idea many work the forum to push an agenda, and others buy into it, blindly

…and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

link   
Be grateful there are those who oppose Christianity openly sometimes and ofcourse nonviolently. It tests one's faith and can lay bare what is taken for granted. Thank God not like in the post just above about the USSR's approach, it would not be so great to have to keep it secret at the risk of getting persecuted or punished in any way by the unfaithful.

Just like in nature strenght is tested to decide which is the strongest and thus will prove to be most succesful in achieving a stable lifeform, strong enough to survive anything. So the strenght of the individual believer is tested, so atheists make faith more interesting. Only atheists since they don't have a religion of themselves vs another religion which might have the same kind of answers about heaven and hell just with different languages and saints.
edit on 14-8-2014 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

None of the people bashing Christians here will acknowledge that
the beheading of Christian people is wrong to do (not for inhumanity alone)
but for the sole reason they are Christians.

It's WRONG! But they have no impact on our laws in this country! Why do you keep side-stepping the issue? Of course it's not ALL Christians and of course, it's not OK to behead anyone.

But the religious right in this country is getting backlash for THEIR OWN behavior and calling it "persecution".

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Their are many atheists who are trying to force others to believe the way they do.

But are they working with the legal system to DENY your rights to practice your religion? Are they outlawing churches? Denying your right to pray? NO!

link   
Many years ago ATS had many wonderful Christian topics and poster, they are all but gone now, they have been chased away.

Start a topic and all you get is grief or trolled, or ignored.

You reap what you sow, eventually.

Personally I have noticed less and less posters altogether, while other forums had hundreds of pages on a thread, ATS has few, even breaking news topics ,have fewer and fewer.[
edit on 113131p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

link   
BTW, I would like to thank everyone. Part of the reason I started this page is to observe your interaction between each other based on how you read the OP and each others texts.

Many of you (not all of you) are having very deep and serious problems communicating, not just in a forum context, and in my opinion of what I can observe, it is a safe assumption you are having problems communicating in your own personal relationships as well.

I have observed here and in other threads and forum websites, a similar pattern of inability to contextually assimilate or comprehend information. The communication interpretation in a written format ability of many of you is sorely lacking. Many of you are highly intelligent and that is part of the problem. I have found this seriously flawed ability to read into written format is quite common in intellectuals especially those in Journalism, computer programing, medical and social govt fields. At least these four fields are at the top of the list of inability to correctly read context comprehension. It is found throughout society but those of higher education seem to violate the principle more than other fields.

edit on 14-8-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

None of the people bashing Christians here will acknowledge that
the beheading of Christian people is wrong to do (not for inhumanity alone)
but for the sole reason they are Christians.

It's WRONG! But they have no impact on our laws in this country! Why do you keep side-stepping the issue? Of course it's not ALL Christians and of course, it's not OK to behead anyone.

But the religious right in this country is getting backlash for THEIR OWN behavior and calling it "persecution".

I am not a part of the "extremist" Christians, at my job at a university, no one even knew for years that I was a Christian until I slipped up and said something about my church. After that it was assumed that I was an extremist, even though no student or other faculty knew my belief up until the point I said something innocuous. One professor even threw a chair at me for being one of "them", and we were previously quite cordial.

There IS real, not imagined bigotry, prejudice, and even hatred of ALL Christians for the actions of the vocal few.

There are a vocal few atheists whose own behavior is getting backlash from Christians. I don't lump you in with the guy in this thread earlier who said Christians were a blight on the planet.

Do you admit there is some blind undeserved hatred of ALL Christians because of a small vocal group of people offended by the actions of a few vocal Christians? Because that is what I have seen throughout this thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

You know what the difference between Christianity, and the other two Abrahamic religions, in todays modern world. Freedom of speech...of Choice..and of opinion. And all those thing Christianity claims to offer.

You know, I could think of worse that has happened to Christians in the older ages. Like Nero, the Roman Caesar, crucifying judeo-Christians, whom were the original followers of Christ. Where he ordered thousand to be crucified them starve to death, and be eaten by buzzards. I personally don't care if Christians feel victimized, I mean, the religions just as blood soaked as the other two. There is not much more of a difference between a Catholic and a Christian, cept for the idolization of the mother or son.

Especially if the OP claims the two differ entirely, like it was Judaism and Islam. Tell me, are Christians being beheaded, or even more cruel, crucified in America? Then no.

And yet, the Christian Army, whose Idol is that of the of the Eagle, who mimics a Thunder god, smiting, and instilling fear in friend or foe, like it was justice.

Im srry, but Christians have to much freedom of speech.

edit on 14-8-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Their are many atheists who are trying to force others to believe the way they do.

But are they working with the legal system to DENY your rights to practice your religion? Are they outlawing churches? Denying your right to pray? NO!

Ah, yes they are.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I don't think it matters what Christan camp one belongs to they lump you all in the same category, I'm alternative, I can see it, My once pagan son can see it, he even said if things turn for the worse he would stand with the Christians.

He sees it coming

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Ah, yes they are.

they absolutely are.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

you will not find a single anti-Christian, Christian basher

saying that Christians and Christian children do not deserve to be brutally murdered
just because of their faith

NOT ONE

Are you SERIOUS? That's PURE hyperbole! Just because people are sick and tired of being bowled over by Christians and are telling them to BACK OFF doesn't mean we want anyone murdered! You're really stretching it!

NO ONE deserves to be harmed because of their faith. It's not the Christian Right's faith that has us upset. It's their constant and concerted effort to make us live by THEIR religious beliefs.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join