It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Onesided Destruction of Christianity in America

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Contrary to popular beliefs, religion and God are two completely different topics.

And I don't believe in either. My parents created me, just as any other breeding animal on this earth.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You asked why Christians were "attacked" more than any other religion and it has been answered MANY times. Just because you don't accept it, doesn't mean it wasn't answered.

Here's the answer by me:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Christians are "attacked" more because they are the ones dominating our society. You start oppressing other people's rights and you're going to be attacked!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

below are all direct and unedited quotes from the OP regarding this thread:

I did not say this was my purpose for the thread I said I used it to observe the interaction.

I did write the OP in a way that a sane and sober person could read it with factual comprehension and without personal bias. I did not infer anything into the post that many of you concluded from it. Just as you thinking this was a study or that I played you. The OP was an actual thread for the revelation of the One-sided Destruction of Christianity.

But as many of you have done. you read your own bias and interpretation into the OP(and other post within this thread) and made judgements on points that were not in the OP (as well of in many replies to the OP).

This helped me to see how people miscommunicate, when only 7% of the communication medium between people is utilized. Believe it or not this is going to be the sole medium of communication in which people will use and we need to know how to change this. I read comments sections of web sites just for observation

It was the first time I took notice of any of my own threads.

So far the only way to change this it through education. But even that won't work unless you are willing to admit you are fallible in you ability to properly interpret written text.

Bravo, that is a good attitude

the OP was started to get peoples response to the OP and nothing more. But the more I read and have read all 14 pages I saw a trend. So I went back re-read and

saw this amazing trend, of which could not be denied, and is going to help me in my teaching "Interactive communication in the written format"

Why?

Because many of you intelligent people have a problem in comprehension of the subject without adding your personal biased to the written text

That is a clear danger of written media such as in forum threads blogs and emails. We are at the forefront of addressing these issues in communication so that there are less and less misunderstandings in the Medium.
BTW, I would like to thank everyone.

Part of the reason I started this page is to observe your interaction between each other based on how you read the OP and each others texts.

The communication interpretation in a written format ability of many of you is sorely lacking.

Many of you (not all of you) are having very deep and serious problems communicating, not just in a forum context, and in my opinion of what I can observe, it is a safe assumption you are having problems communicating in your own personal relationships as well.

I have observed here and in other threads and forum websites, a similar pattern of inability to contextually assimilate or comprehend information.

The communication interpretation in a written format ability of many of you is sorely lacking.

(Not a single word of what is above are my words or a reworking of the OP's words, judge his motive for yourselves, and what he thinks of all of you for yourselves.)

edit on 14-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: delineate the op's words from mine

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
(Not a single word of what is above are my words or a reworking of the OP's words, judge his motive for yourselves, and what he thinks of all of you for yourselves.)

I don't give a rat's ass what he thinks of me. Why do you? If you don't want to participate any longer, feel free. But really, going after the OP is kind of lame.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Its because many MANY "atheists" are really just anti-christian and they cloak their stance in atheism. Its very similar how the KKK likes to disguise their racism with patriotism. For some reason its accepted by people.
People who are full of hate like these fake atheists and neo-nazis are going to hate no matter what, they are too stupid to do anything else.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Christianity is a religion. That's not an assumption.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

It's because the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Every time someone complains about a wisdom teaching from the bible, it is very telling.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Every time someone complains about a wisdom teaching from the bible, it is very telling.

NO where did I complain about the wisdom from the bible. Your passive aggressive attempt to insult me, missed. My complaint is that you are just throwing up bible verses instead of talking to me and telling me what you think.

I was raised in a religious family and there are MANY good lessons in the bible. I still practice many things I learned in my youth and from Christianity. So your judgment of me is entirely missing the mark.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
some truth to this, but I actually find that true Christians are more informed and growing in number…

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act."

~ Mahatma Gandhi

"Fundamentally, our Lord's message was Himself. He did not come merely to preach a Gospel; He himself is that Gospel. He did not come merely to give bread; He said, "I am the bread." He did not come merely to shed light; He said, "I am the light." He did not come merely to show the door; He said, "I am the door." ...He did not come merely to point the way; He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life."

~ J. Sidlow

"For thirty five years of my life I was, in the proper acceptation of the word, nihilist, a man who believed in nothing. Five years ago my faith came to me. I believed in the doctrine of Jesus Christ and my whole life underwent a sudden transformation. Life and death ceased to be evil. Instead of despair, I tasted joy and happiness that death could not take away."

~ Leo Tolstoy

"Jesus is God spelling Himself out in language that men can understand."

~ S.D. Gordon

"Oh, eternal and everlasting God, direct my thoughts, words and work. Wash away my sins in the immaculate blood of the lamb and purge my heart by the Holy Spirit. Daily, frame me more and more in the likeness of thy son, Jesus Christ, that living in thy fear, and dying in thy favor, I may in thy appointed time obtain the resurrection of the justified unto eternal life. Bless, O Lord, the whole race of mankind and let the world be filled with the knowledge of thy son, Jesus Christ."

~ George Washington, 1st President of the United States

"In praise of Thy goodness I must confess that Thou didst try with all Thy means to draw me to Thee. Sometimes it pleased Thee to let me feel the heavy hand of Thy displeasure and to humiliate my proud heart by manifold castigations. Sickness and misfortune didst Thou send upon me to turn my thoughts to my errantries. - One thing, only, O Father, do I ask: cease not to labor for my betterment. In whatsoever manner it be, let me turn to Thee and become fruitful in good works."

~ Ludwig van Beethoven

"...I live with God ever before me. I recognize His omnipotence, I fear His anger; I acknowledge His love, too, His compassion and mercy towards all His creatures; He will never desert those who serve Him."

~ Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

"I believe there is no one deeper, lovelier, more sympathetic and more perfect than Jesus - not only is there no one else like him, there never could be anyone like him."

~ Fyodor Dostoevsky

"Socrates taught for 40 years, Plato for 50, Aristotle for 40, and Jesus for only 3. Yet the influence of Christ's 3-year ministry infinitely transcends the impact left by the combined 130 years of teaching from these men who were among the greatest philosophers of all antiquity."

~ Unknown

"As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene....No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life."

~ Albert Einstein

"Despite our efforts to keep him out, God intrudes. The life of Jesus is bracketed by two impossibilities: 'a virgin's womb and an empty tomb'.

Jesus entered our world through a door marked, 'No Entrance' and left through a door marked 'No Exit.'

~ Peter Larson

"People talk about imitating Christ, and imitate Him in the little trifling formal things, such as washing the feet, saying His prayer, and so on; but if anyone attempts the real imitation of Him, there are no bounds to the outcry with which the presumption of that person is condemned."

~ Florence Nightingale, British nursing hero of the Crimean War (1820 -1910)

Buddha never claimed to be God.

Moses never claimed to be Jehovah.

Mohammed never claimed to be Allah.

Yet Jesus Christ claimed to be the true and living God.

Buddha simply said, 'I am a teacher in search of the truth.'

Jesus said, 'I am the Truth.'

Confucius said, 'I never claimed to be holy.'

Jesus said, 'Who convicts me of sin?'

Mohammed said, 'Unless God throws his cloak of mercy over me, I have no hope.'

Jesus said, 'Unless you believe in me, you will die in your sins.'"

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I totally agree with this article they need to be labelled as a hate group or they need to start targeting all religious groups

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Verum1quaere

Yet Jesus Christ claimed to be the true and living God.

Jesus NEVER claimed to be God.

John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

BOO HOO HOO!

You start threads to get reactions from people. So what is the big deal. My was for getting their opinions but I was also able to benefit my studies on interactive communication in the written medium as well.

Big deal! Get a life.

edit on 14-8-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

www.josh.org...

"Among the religious leaders who have attained a large following throughout history, Jesus Christ is unique in the fact that He alone claimed to be God in human flesh. A common misconception is that some or many of the leaders of the world’s religions made similar claims, but this is simply not the case.
Buddha did not claim to be God; Moses never said that he was Yahweh; Mohammed did not identify himself as Allah; and nowhere will you find Zoroaster claiming to be Ahura Mazda. Yet Jesus, the carpenter from Nazareth, said that he who has seen Him (Jesus) has seen the Father (John 14:9).

The claims of Christ are many and varied. He said that He existed before Abraham (John 8:58), and that He was equal with the Father (John 5:17, 18). Jesus claimed the ability to forgive sins (Mark 2:5–7), which the Bible teaches was something that God alone could do (Isaiah 43:25).

The New Testament equated Jesus as the creator of the universe (John 1:3), and that He is the one who holds everything together (Colossians 1:17). The apostle Paul says that God was manifest in the flesh (I Timothy 3:16, KJV), and John the evangelist says that “the Word was God” (John 1:1). The united testimony of Jesus and the writers of the New Testament is that He was more than mere man; He was God.

Not only did His friends notice that He claimed to be God, but so did His enemies as well. There may be some doubt today among the skeptics who refuse to examine the evidence, but there was no doubt on the part of the Jewish authorities.

When Jesus asked them why they wanted to stone Him, they replied, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God” (John 10:33, NASB).

This fact separates Jesus from the other religious figures. In the major religions of the world, the teachings—not the teacher—are all-important.

Confucianism is a set of teachings; Confucius is not important. Islam is the revelation of Allah, with Mohammed being the prophet, and Buddhism emphasizes the principles of the Buddha and not Buddha himself. This is especially true of Hinduism, where there is no historic founder.

However, at the center of Christianity is the person of Jesus Christ. Jesus did not just claim to be teaching mankind the truth; He claimed that He was the truth (John 14:6)."

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Verum1quaere

Jesus Christ is unique in the fact that He alone claimed to be God in human flesh.

First of all, I don't believe a person called Jesus Christ ever existed. But the Biblical character of Jesus the Nazarene never declared himself to be God or even a god. It's understandable, however, that the Roman Catholics incorporated the idea of the "Divinity of Kings" into their Jesus myth.

Of course, contemporary leaders, Kings, Pharaohs and Emperors, in the past and the future, all told their populations that they were gods in the flesh, or in the very least claimed to be "God's representative on Earth". Even the Pope still does this. (LOL) But, Jesus never claimed to be God, a god, or the King of the Jews. The title "King of Jews" was used by Herod, and the title Christ was already being used too. "The Messiah" doesn't translate "God", and there is no prophecy of God incarnating on Earth in the Old Testament.

God, Christ and King of Jews are titles that were bestowed on Jesus, if he even ever really existed at all, well after his death.

Really! The thought, the idea, that the "creator of the universe", if one exists, would have such a fascination with earthly humans that he would put on a man suit and pretend to be one of us, and then be murdered on purpose, is just too myopic and self centered to even seriously entertain, let alone to be coerced to worship a man who died 2000 years as God!

Jesus is/was God as much as I am.

edit on 14-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Prayer isn't needed in public schools. If it's a private school, fine, but public schools should be entirely secular.

Besides, the bible says that praying in public is bad.

www.openbible.info...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Dear Chester,

"Did I ever say I was a Christian in the OP? reading something into a text that is an error, that reveals that many do not really know how comprehend without reading into the text."

Thanks for the correction. I now understand that you are not a Christian.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
No one ever spends their time supressing or erasing the fake things in life. There is a reason why Christianity is the solely attacked religion ( Yes I have noticed this trend as well ) It's because its the truth and the best way to stamp out the truth is to try and quarantine it until its forgotten. You can't be saved if you don't believe in your savior. Thats the agenda summed up in a sentence. Based on the last 5000 years on how man has conducted himself, I find it hard to argue that he is not in need of saving and redemption. We are pretty much morally bankrupt and have corrupted everything of this earth. People also don't seem to question the little things they were born into and ask why are things this way?

1. We have corrupted the keeping of time
1A - We indicate a new day starts in the dead middle of the night ( Its really from dusk to dusk )
1B - We say the new year starts in the middle of the death cycle ( winter ) its really in spring ( New life )
1C - For no good reason added 5 days onto the year just to mess up ( we moved from a perfectly even number of days in a month to an imperfect, uneven one.. 360 to 365 )

2. We have corrupted our use of the land and natural resources ( If I really need to go in detail here just look up Fukishima, BP Gulf of mexico oil spill, etc to name just a few recent disaters that are totally man made. Reactor by ocean, dumb move.... )

3. We have corrupted our love for one another on a humanitarian basis for slefsigh reasons: Money, Power, Greed, Lust, Spite, Anger

These are just a few quick reasons out the several dozens ways we as an entire species have lost our way. Everyone is guilty to some degree or another. I would like someone to try and tell me they have never screwed someone else over, gotten road rage, didn't give the extra dollar back the cashier gave you, etc( doesn't matter the reason or what degree ) Christianity is the only religion that allows for someone/something other than man to redeem you. John 3:16. This is what the people that run Obama and the world banks/leaders don't want you to have and thats why there is an all out attack on JUST christianity.......The satanic agenda a reply to: ChesterJohn

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Uhhh. Christians are behind the gay marriage push eh? Yeah if you are truly christian, being gay is not really something you strive for. It is a sin to lay with the same sex ( Leviticus ) but you can be forgiven for it. I would question the faith of any christian promoting that gay marriage is ok because we know it is not. I guess i never understood why gay people want to be married in the first place anyways. Can you post a source? I'd like ot investigate that some more? Are these actually Catholics you are referring to? While they like to claim Catholics and Christians are the same, they are actually pretty night and day.

Catholics = Idol worshipers (Mary/Sun/Saint worship) Claims you need to continually pay for your sins by attending Mass and Confessing to a priest who has no power to do anything. ( Damned )

True Christians = Belive only Jesus can absolve them of their sin. No other mediator exists or is needed. Payment for sin accomplished upon death of Jesus ( Saved )

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

It should be against all religions equally or not against any.

Correct. I starred that post. Keep all religions "private" - and out of business (whether "closely held" or "publicly held") and government altogether.

And what of the hundreds of millions hypnotised to not see that they too hold a religion? What of the hundreds of millions in the USA alone that do not understand or even know what is being preached as George Washington is depicted as a "God man" on the Capitol Rotunda, several floors above his empty tomb? Do you think that a nation which allows one religion to place their artwork, their pyramids, their occultic religion and it's beliefs all over the nations Capitol and cities across the land...do you really then believe that they are NOT teaching the masses their own religion?

You know, it's like this. A hypnotist can get a volunteer up on stage and get him to perceive the audience as naked, when in reality the audience is fully clothed. That volunteer will swear up and down that the audience is naked....yet he is only seeing the hypnotised suggestion in his mind. In the exact same way, you and millions upon millions are swayed to perceive that you hold no religion....when in reality those not hypnotised along with you can identify the Kabaklah, the Freemasonic, the Jewish mysticism, and the Hindu and Buddhist beliefs that pour out of your mouth, even as you insist that you hold no religion. Look, hypocrisy marked the Pharisee teachings. And if you believed that, the hypocrisy of today is a fruit to be judged to help discern the tree.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This has to be the best response. I am an atheist. I despise christianity because ALL christians try to force their views and beliefs on ever one around them. Just look at your facebook feed and see how many jesus posts there are. Our political system is completely overrun by them. Every policy we have now is directly influenced by christianity. Our country was founded on the premise that each individual had the right to practice, or not, any religion they chose. We were not founded as a christian nation. In fact, no where in the constitution is the word god used. Most founding fathers were agnostic and yes, some atheist. But they understood the value of personal freedom. Unlike modern christians who are on a mission to force feed everyone their crap. I don't have a problem with anyone practicing whatever religion they choose. But when that religion starts to influence laws and impacts my life, then I have a problem. This is what atheists are motivated to stop.

Let's suppose for a moment that the claims of christians are a fact. God will send you to hell for sinning. So I choose to sin. What hurt have I caused you or yours by doing things contrary to your beliefs? Did my watching a porno movie cause you to lose your job? Did my having a beer and a cigarette while watching a football game take food from you family's table? Did my dancing and listening to rock music cause you to lose your home? Of course not. but you christians act as if it will. If you want to live a deprived life solely for the promise of some sort of glorious afterlife, then have fun. But leave the rest of us out of it. Stop trying to force your beliefs on everyone else. Live and let live. Keep your damned religion out of politics and keep it in the home and church where it belongs.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join