It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Onesided Destruction of Christianity in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Not a Week goes by when we don't read or hear of another Atheist Group trying to force its views on Christianity.

Yet over the last year, I have not seen these supposed anti-religious groups attack any other religion except Christianity.

So why is that?

There seems to be a consorted conspiracy against Christianity.

Take yesterday for example we read about the Humanist now wanting a football team from praying.

Yet Humanism is everywhere. In our Schools, in our media in our faces on just about ever plane in our lives. But you don't see Christians going out and demanding they stop their humanism.

Over a year ago the FFRA protested flag pole prayer buy a Christian Bible club at the school because "it gave the impression" the school was supporting Christianity.

Yet at the same school Muslims were allowed to have set aside separate rooms for prayer times so Islamic students didn't have to miss the call to prayer. And they are exempt from their classes while at prayer. But a club can't pray around the flag pole?

Teachers are barred fro m having a Bible on their desk but in the same school teachers are allowed to have a Koran on their desk with no opposition.

The fundamentals of Transidental Meditation, without the mention of the which religions use the practice, are taught our kids from Kindergarten. All the while the images if Gautamah Buddha and Hari Krishna adorn the literature books that are used to teach this to the students.

Humanism, a religion in and of itself, is allowed free run in all teaching of our children from k-college, from the sciences and math to philosophy and geography. Yet even mention of Christianity is being removed. The humanist Agenda has gotten the sensor beeps to be removed from vulgar profanity in all areas of media, and at the other end now the name of Jesus Christ is beeped out 80% of the time it is used (not peeped out when it is used as a curse 100% of the time, and when it is used in reference to Christianity 80%).

It is time these groups start either being fair in their opposition of ALL Religions or be labeled as Hate Groups. For such practice if it were to be carried out by Christians in opposing the Gay Agenda they would be quickly labeled as such. Just any group that opposed a certain race would also be, except towards Muslims.

Do not any of you self professed intellectuals see the hypocrisy or is it in your nature to just accept hypocrites except those that a Christian?

Either oppose all or support all, but to take the one side approach to end all practice of and belief in Christianity and its God Jesus is just pure Anti-American.

edit on 13-8-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Either oppose all or support all, but to take the one side approach to end all practice of and belief in Christianity and its God Jesus is just pure Anti-American.

I don't belong to any of the groups you mentioned but I thought being American was to be accepting and tolerant of others with different opinions and views. Something I feel both sides you mentioned need a bit more help in understanding.

+29 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Relax. Pray and God will take care of everything. Unless God is powerless of course. But that's impossible. So spend more time praying and less time whining about how you are a victim. God hates victims.

Why don't you go tell Christians in Iraq or Egypt what a victim you are. Pathetic when you really think about it.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Relax. Pray and God will take care of everything. Unless God is powerless of course. But that's impossible. So spend more time praying and less time whining about how you are a victim. God hates victims.

Why don't you go tell Christians in Iraq or Egypt what a victim you are. Pathetic when you really think about it.

Must be an atheist.... Please don't be one of those stereotypical "it's worse over there so even tho it's bad over here don't complain" type of people.

I think the OP makes a good point if his facts are true, however I would like to point out that chrisitianity does have it's ties to the country more so than any other religion so that's why I believe it's attacked more. But other than that you make a very good point imo OP
edit on 13-8-2014 by A1nth0ny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

First, If you are a Christian, what grace and love flow from your speech.

Second, who said I was a Christian or that I was talking about my self. Funny how you read so much that wasn't there into the OP. Is that a Christian trait?

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yet over the last year, I have not seen these supposed anti-religious groups attack any other religion except Christianity.

So why is that?

I'm guessing because you're Christian? It's difficult to see beyond our own nose sometimes.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You have a great point.

There truly does appear to be a concerted effort on the part of atheists to destroy Christianity. This effort does appear to have become ingrained in the government.

There has been a concerted effort to brainwash people into misunderstanding the constitution.

Ask the average person on the street and I'd bet dollars to donuts that they would say the constitution guarantees
Freedom from religion
when the constitution really says:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I totally agree that it appears that atheists and the US government actually think Christianity is a threat to themselves and want to do away with it.

The irony is they appear to think Islam is not a threat with what appears to be support of Islam, while ISIS or ISIL is currently calling for the death of all non Islamics.

Christians did, I admit, have the crusades,
but also Christians have repented and grown and changed to be totally non-violent and to never more try to force conversion.

ISIS or ISIL is engaged in what will be seen by history as the "great genocidal Crusade of Islam", yet atheists and the government coddle Islam whilst persecuting Christianity.

To those of you who are Muslim, I'm sorry if you are kind, loving and pacifist; but the Christian will always be stained by the crusades; and the Muslim will always be stained by the "great genocide" that is occurring.

edit on 13-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: clean up

edit on 13-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: spelling and format

edit on 13-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: highlight

edit on 13-8-2014 by grandmakdw because: highlight unformatted, fixed format

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Jews for example cannot pray in a prayer room full of idols (nor a christian church) but if Christians are happy to pray in a room with no idols then I cannot see any reason why a prayer room cannot be used by Jews, Muslims and Christians. Creationists have probably put a stigma on Christianity itself which might explain why authorities are a bit edgy about having bibles in class. Perhaps school authorities need be educated that not all religious people believe that world was created 4000 years ago.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

When Assumptions are used for groundworks, it is the weakest upon which to build.

Try not to read any more than what is posted. Every point is clear.

And remember this medium in which we are communication is lacking 98% of our ability to fully communicate.

Often we will interpret what we read with a preconceived attitude, idea or prejudice that is from our own heart because of what is lacking in the medium of blogging. I apologize that I did not write in a way that reveals my personal belief. But then again it is not an issue of what I believe religiously but what our society has become, do to those who wear their beliefs on their shoulder.

The OP is neutral and observing from the outside looking in.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I'm an equal opportunity religion basher...you preach, I bash, regardless of the origin.

And anti-American..? Get back in the shed tool, as my opinion shouldn't affect your belief unless you are questioning it yourself.

And you should, but you won't. Be happy with what you have and don't fret about those that see it differently.

Lame OP.

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Not a Week goes by when we don't read or hear of another Atheist Group trying to force its views on Christianity.

So why is that?

Because Christianity is the dominant religion. It is the religion that has wormed its way into places that it shouldn't be, enjoyed its time there to the point that it now considers it an infringement when atheists or whatever group sue to have Christianity removed from that spot.

There seems to be a consorted conspiracy against Christianity.

In your mind.

Take yesterday for example we read about the Humanist now wanting a football team from praying.

Yet Humanism is everywhere. In our Schools, in our media in our faces on just about ever plane in our lives. But you don't see Christians going out and demanding they stop their humanism.

Perhaps you are familiar with this controversy? Creationism and Evolution in Public Schools

Over a year ago the FFRA protested flag pole prayer buy a Christian Bible club at the school because "it gave the impression" the school was supporting Christianity.

Yet at the same school Muslims were allowed to have set aside separate rooms for prayer times so Islamic students didn't have to miss the call to prayer. And they are exempt from their classes while at prayer. But a club can't pray around the flag pole?

Source?

Teachers are barred fro m having a Bible on their desk but in the same school teachers are allowed to have a Koran on their desk with no opposition.

Source?

The fundamentals of Transidental Meditation, without the mention of the which religions use the practice, are taught our kids from Kindergarten. All the while the images if Gautamah Buddha and Hari Krishna adorn the literature books that are used to teach this to the students.

Teaching a religion isn't the same as preaching one.

Humanism, a religion in and of itself, is allowed free run in all teaching of our children from k-college, from the sciences and math to philosophy and geography. Yet even mention of Christianity is being removed. The humanist Agenda has gotten the sensor beeps to be removed from vulgar profanity in all areas of media, and at the other end now the name of Jesus Christ is beeped out 80% of the time it is used (not peeped out when it is used as a curse 100% of the time, and when it is used in reference to Christianity 80%).

Source?

It is time these groups start either being fair in their opposition of ALL Religions or be labeled as Hate Groups. For such practice if it were to be carried out by Christians in opposing the Gay Agenda they would be quickly labeled as such. Just any group that opposed a certain race would also be, except towards Muslims.

No it is FAR from a hate group. NO ONE and I repeat NO ONE is infringing on a Christian's right to practice religion. All these groups are doing is getting religion out of state sponsored activities. Separation of church and state.

Do not any of you self professed intellectuals see the hypocrisy or is it in your nature to just accept hypocrites except those that a Christian?

The hypocrisy is in your head. Oh but I do remember these events:
Satanists' plan to stage 'black mass' in Oklahoma City sparks outrage

Satanists Use Hobby Lobby Decision to Play Devil's Advocate

which made MANY a Christian try to deny the Satanists their religious rights. Who is the hypocrites now?

This is hyperbole.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

When Assumptions are used for groundworks, it is the weakest upon which to build.

Funny you say that since ALL religion is based on assumptions, and none of it is based on evidence.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I do apologize. But you used Fox news as a source. You have to admit...

I do agree with what you've written. The atheist double-standards are beyond rationality at this point. But I imagine it is simply a remnant of their once theistic religiosity. Of course they are going to be more angry at the religion they've spent more time being duped by. It's almost like the lashing out of a repressed child.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

One of lasts months little shows of anti-Christian and pro-Isalm was the fact that ALL the miltary forces even stationed inside the US were commanded not to eat in front of Muslims.

Also, they allow Muslim and Hindu headdresses to be worn as part of their US military uniform. But a Soldier cannot carry a bible inside his uniform pocket.

There are literally hundreds of reports made in the Media of the lopped sided and hypocritical biased against Christianity yet no one seems to recognize it.

My point is many claim to be fair and just in all our judgements yet we ignore what is being done. you can't claim that you want tolerance and justice and yet at the same time be intolerant and unjust.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Funny you say that since ALL religion is based on assumptions, and none of it is based on evidence.

No I apologies I was speaking of the Posters assumptions, not the assumptions of any religion.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: A1nth0ny

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Must be an atheist.... Please don't be one of those stereotypical "it's worse over there so even tho it's bad over here don't complain" type of people.

I think the OP makes a good point if his facts are true, however I would like to point out that chrisitianity does have it's ties to the country more so than any other religion so that's why I believe it's attacked more. But other than that you make a very good point imo OP
im with you too OP. This is happening in schools everywhere, christians are being silenced while other religions are given special privileges. It should be all or none. I say if you have kids in a school like this, gather some parents together and have a meeting with the school leaders.

Good thread

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You forgot about those bastards who say x-mas, because you know that's one more group who is discriminating against you.

But you conveniently forget about how many times the self proclaimed "Christians" try to push their views on others.

www.thestate.com...

www.christianity-revealed.com...

Oh, and then there's the crusades. I could list hundreds of thousands of articles that contradict what you are saying, but there's no need because everyone knows the Christians are the worst at pushing their beliefs onto others.

Why don't you look in a mirror before you start to get angry at others for the exact same thing your "group" does. Pretty hypocritical IMO.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

a reply to: glend

One of lasts months little shows of anti-Christian and pro-Isalm was the fact that ALL the miltary forces even stationed inside the US were commanded not to eat in front of Muslims.

No that isn't true:
Troops told to refrain from eating, drinking in front of Muslims

That’s the directive that has gone out to active duty military personnel at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, a Department of Defense medical and graduate school in Bethesda, Md.

It's not the whole army

“This is a period of great personal restraint and commitment in addition to renewed focus on worship,” Brigade Commander Col. Kevin Glasz wrote. “I’d like to encourage you to learn just a little more about this religion, but more importantly, I’m asking you to be considerate and do not consume food or drink in front of our Muslim colleagues; it is a simple, yet respectful action.”

Looks like a simple request and not an order to me.

Also, they allow Muslim and Hindu headdresses to be worn as part of their US military uniform. But a Soldier cannot carry a bible inside his uniform pocket.

This isn't true. When I was in Iraq, they gave me (or offered me) no less than FIVE new testaments.

There are literally hundreds of reports made in the Media of the lopped sided and hypocritical biased against Christianity yet no one seems to recognize it.

Show some.

My point is many of claim to be fair and just in all our judgements yet we ignore what is being done. you can't claim that you want tolerance and justice and yet at the same time be intolerant and unjust.

Sounds like you are blowing a non-issue out of proportion because you've adopted the victim complex that so many Christians adopt reflexively whenever someone questions them.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Reality check... what most atheist or humanist groups call for is ending Christian favoritism. In the case of Muslim prayer rooms... it isn't favoritism it's just simple logic, A Christian can bow their head or close their eyes anytime anywhere and pray to God and their religious beliefs don't include having to pray at a certain time during the day or to do it a certain way. Muslims pray differently and their beliefs include praying at certain times of the day and it involves getting down and prostrating yourself, not practical for the classroom.

As far as the school denying a Bible group praying at the schools flag, the school didn't say Christians only can't pray here and probably only the Christian group asked in the first place. This is a really, really, REALLY simple concept here... government and anything funded by it is not supposed to sanction ANY religion but Christianity essentially has been sanctioned by the government across the entire United States. So while SOME Christians are brainwashed into thinking they are under attack because PEOPLE, for example, want the Ten Commandments removed from courthouses... in reality it's just PEOPLE wanting to get out from under the influence of Christianity where NO religion belonged to begin with.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Humanism is not a religion. It's possible to be a humanist and a Christian. You can see the same sort of thought in the popular (and not at all biblical) phrase, "God helps those who help themselves."

Please cite some sources for your claims:

As to this:

I wasn't aware that there was a requirement in any Christian denomination to form a school club to pray around a flag pole? By contrast, there is a religious requirement for Muslims to pray I believe, 5 times a day? Can you point to any instances of Christian religious requirements not being met?

I think in your desire to make everything tit-for-tat, you're mistaking sensible handling of religious needs with persecution.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join