It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question ATS More…

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

I wonder who the operatives were? Anyone know of a thread or two where the RT operatives may have been posting?

They weren't RT Operatives. They were Russian gov prop. posters...similar to China's well know forum propaganda team....but China is better at it.

Oh yeah....

Are you 100% certain about this ?

Please provide the source .

Indeed I am curious.

Not 100% sure...It was just that a bunch of posters joined the site at the exact same time, posting one after another while starring one another, on a couple of forums saying the same strange things and putting forth a verbatim argument to the Russian gov.s for MH-17 being shot down by Ukrainian military vs. the rebels. It seemed largely scripted an immune to discussion or facts.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I wonder who the operatives were? Anyone know of a thread or two where the RT operatives may have been posting?

They weren't RT Operatives. They were Russian gov prop. posters...similar to China's well know forum propaganda team....but China is better at it.

Oh yeah....

Are you 100% certain about this ?

Please provide the source .

Indeed I am curious.

Not 100% sure...It was just that a bunch of posters joined the site at the exact same time, posting one after another while starring one another, on a couple of forums saying the same strange things and putting forth a verbatim argument to the Russian gov.s for MH-17 being shot down by Ukrainian military vs. the rebels. It seemed largely scripted an immune to discussion or facts.

Cool can you provide me with source so I can review it?

Thanks

LSH
edit on 0064043180684th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

What is sad is your choosing to specifically slam a non US controlled media outlet because they use propoganda while the likes of cnn, msnbc, and fox don't.

RT is doing what the other news outlets are doing. That is cherry picking information to fit their own agenda, whatever it may be. And I guess the out right lies of the likes of cnn arent enough to sway public opinion.
edit on 12-8-2014 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

Actually China was pretty bad at it. I was part of a couple of Threads on Tibet back in '08', they couldn't see the videos and links that we were posting.

I remember that thread
They got their arses kicked. I think they were selling that the Dahli Lhama owned slaves and was responsible for a genocide.

China's gotten better over the years. Better than the Ruskies from what I have seen.

The best propaganda forum posters are still in the USA...but they work for PR Firms not Gov...they do go political, but it is campaign oriented/issue oriented...Candidate A rocks or build keystone XL etc....vs. The US Gov was responsible for 9-11

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

If I don't know the answer to something, I don't know it.

Is that so hard to understand?

There are hundreds of threads on ATS a week that don't get to the Facebook page so no...really, I don't care. I can't say that I'm that obsessed about it.

I suspect that may be the difference between how I see the world and how some people here see it - see, we're discussing an issue on an internet forum.

Its not world shattering stuff.

Its not life or death.

Ultimately, outside our small bubble of the internet it doesn't really matter.

If people want to assign ideals to ATS in their own minds then really thats down to them.

Maybe you - or others here - didn't read the About ATS page or maybe you did and have just forgotten it, but if you do the one thing it doesn't say is that "ATS is here to conform to your personal ideals, all the time, and holds itself up as a paragon of everything you personally might choose to believe in, and the site owners and staff will pander to your every opinion and whim"

So when SO shares his opinion on something, then I read it and I either disagree with it, or I don't. I might comment on it if I disagree. I might even debate it, but ultimately I respect that he's shared it.

I do draw the line personally at blatant hoaxes, shameful ignorance, bigotry and lies. I can't say I'm a huge fan of people who just want to stir crap for the sake of it either. But thats just me.

edit on 12/8/14 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wow.....this thread went down hill pretty fast.

I think we can all agree that RT, NBC, BBC, CNN, etc, pedal lies, deception, bias' and propaganda. Agreed?

I think we can also all agree that some of our fellow members needed a reminder of that in regards to RT. Agreed?

If we can all agree to those 2 "facts"....let's move on. From what I can see there is no ATS conspiracy to direct thought or push it's own propaganda. If there is such a push, it is our fault because WE provide the content. Ya know, user-generated content and all.

So it is my opinion, for whatever it is worth, that we need to chill out and while you may not completely agree with SO's assessment, it would be proper to show a little respect for the man that makes sure the lights are still on when we come here to play.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I'll dig it up a PM you. I don't want to cite specific screen names as prop posters without 100% certainty, it's against T&C.

they were banned, but I suspect that had to do with multiple posters traced back to the same IP Address, namely a Russian Gov. Building...which happens a whole lot.

edit on 12-8-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I'll dig it up a PM you. I don't want to cite specific screen names a prop posters without 100% certainty, it's against T&C.

they were banned, but I suspect that had to do with multiple posters traced back to the same IP Address, namely a Russian Gov. Building...which happens a whole lot.

Sounds good thanks for the effort !

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
From reading everything in this thread so far, I have come to this conclusion. Which is my honest opinion and should not be taken as fact by anyone but myself. If you do not see that it is opinion. You can not read. A lot of people are just butthurt that their post or thread was shut down. That every other member does not agree with them and some actually challenge their theories. How dare anyone not agree with them. So now they are attacking SkepticOverlord and the site because SkepticOverlord voiced an opinion that they did not agree with. To give it back to him for these perceived actions against them and only them. They have the truth and this site is a government control tool. Has to be.......right.

They want the right to say what they want.....but.....SkepticOverlord can not, simply because he is an owner of the site and an obvious government tool lol.

SkepticOverlord and the site has not banned RT as a news source. You can still use RT as a news source. SkepticOverlord was simply saying be aware that RT is owned by Russia. That is it. You can read more into it, post out of context snippets that make you look right, but that is the jist of what he said.

SkepticOverlord has in fact spoken against western media sources and outlets. Go look it up. He even posted examples in a post in this thread. So you using the lie that he only ever singled out RT will not work. RT is the newest kid on the block. RT re-branded themselves, from Russian Times to RT. They are becoming a major news outlet.That is why they are being talked about right now.

ATS is not an online news outlet. ATS is not a newspaper. ATS is not a news channel. ATS is a community, user generated, content driven, forum and website. So to say ATS calls out other news sources but not themselves is dumb. They are not the same as a news source. This is a place where people come and post links to those news sources and talk about them. So that tactic will not work.

Just because someone calls out one thing and says it is bad. Does not mean they think all other things like it are good. You know that. I know that. You are just using that tactic to try to prove yourself right.

Again a lot of you just do not like people to disagree with you. Especially when that person is a more public figure than you are.

But continue calling people government agents and paid shills. Continue calling ATS propaganda when it is you who make the content. You are calling yourself propaganda. Continue feeling paranoid when people do not agree with you. Disagreement for sure equals government spook watching your every move. For sure. You are right. You have always been right. You know more that everyone else on the planet. No one should question you. You are awesome. You are special.

People can however believe what ever they want. That is the beauty of a site like this. So if you do not like what I say. Feel free to believe what you want.

THE END
edit on 12-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

kidding right? they got their arses kicked on a forum, take a break

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
From reading everything in this thread so far,

etcetera etcetera....

SEND IN THE CAVALRY!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

If I don't know the answer to something, I don't know it.

Is that so hard to understand?

There are hundreds of threads on ATS a week that don't get to the Facebook page so no...really, I don't care. I can't say that I'm that obsessed about it.

I suspect that may be the difference between how I see the world and how some people here see it - see, we're discussing an issue on an internet forum.

Its not world shattering stuff.

Its not life or death.

Ultimately, outside our small bubble of the internet it doesn't really matter.

If people want to assign ideals to ATS in their own minds then really thats down to them.

Maybe you - or others here - didn't read the About ATS page or maybe you did and have just forgotten it, but if you do the one thing it doesn't say is that "ATS is here to conform to your personal ideals, all the time, and holds itself up as a paragon of everything you personally might choose to believe in, and the site owners and staff will pander to your every opinion and whim"

So when SO shares his opinion on something, then I read it and I either disagree with it, or I don't. I might comment on it if I disagree. I might even debate it, but ultimately I respect that he's shared it.

I do draw the line personally at blatant hoaxes, shameful ignorance, bigotry and lies. I can't say I'm a huge fan of people who just want to stir crap for the sake of it either. But thats just me.

Fair enough neff fair enough ..

Just so we are clear my stance on RT and this thread are neutral .

When I see something to question I most definitely will call it how I see it.

With that said , I have observed the pattern of the FB postings and top stories always hit FB .

My observation is due to my being hopeful that I'll see one of my threads posted on FB then I can link it and share it with friends and family.

I this case in have to admit that I feel like this thread was not shared with FB due to heavy criticism.

And I can fully understand that .

Will SO or staff be addmiting that this is the reason ?

Humbly

lsh
edit on 0394043183984th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy
You have come to that Conclusion, does that make it a right conclusion? does that make any NEWS outlet right? tell me

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore There are hundreds of threads on ATS a week that don't get to the Facebook page

how many of those are front page on this site?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
You have come to that Conclusion, does that make it a right conclusion? does that make any NEWS outlet right? tell me

Really, did you read all of what I wrote. You are using one of the tactics I talked about. You guys just keep using these same old tired tactics. Keep patting yourself on the back lol.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
From reading everything in this thread so far,

etcetera etcetera....

SEND IN THE CAVALRY!

Oh yeah I am the cavalry. Because I do not agree with you. I must be the cavalry and a paid agent of ATS. Again here is an example of people using the same tired old tactics.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

It was read in full, 4 times, despite the distraction of the green thing on the left, i think my point is valid

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

No idea & see above for why I don't.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

kidding right? they got their arses kicked on a forum, take a break

Umm..not sure what you mean?

Yes...They got their "arses kicked" on a forum?

No..I did not mean literally?

It was an expression of speech? Was that offensive to you?

On the thread in question, several posters of apparent Chinese origin purported that the Dali Llama owned slaves and caused a genocide. they were challenged by multiple posters on ATS on factual and evidentiary grounds and utterly failed to support their claims and eventually abandoned the thread.

Does that help you?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

My observation is due to my being hopeful that I'll see one of my threads posted on FB then I can link it and share it with friends and family.

Well I hope that comes true for you, and I look forward to seeing it if it does.

And - as I've said previously (and frankly I'm sick of repeating myself) - I don't deal with the FB page directly and nor do I care which ATS threads appear on there so I can't answer your question.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join