It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question ATS More…

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Seriously i just don't get this thread.

I don't get why its so popular.

I don't get why there are some people using language like "shill" or "gatekeeper"

I really don't understand why some people feel that SO has to rubber stamp his approval on a state run propaganda machine, why does it matter?

SO happens to be smart enough to see RT for what is is, a Kremlin run propaganda tool.

I think its pretty horrible the way some people are treating the guy who keeps the website running for us, for free, all because they think he should conform to their views.

SO does not have to rubber stamp anything, what expert are you or he on RT? first hand knowledge or what you have read or been told? i dont watch RT currently ....... looks like i'l be switching it on just to see ........ perhaps i will come out of it singing that well know theme from "The hunt for red October" and talking like Sean Connery!!!. I'LL DECIDE who and when i watch, more importantly ........ i'll not believe anything that is pushed at me through the pixels on a screen.

End

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I am a little confused by your question. The coverage of the debate was live, so there was no way for an agenda to be put forth. The issues that were covered where what was prevalent to our country, therefore the questions Larry King asked were in my opinion the questions that the Democrats/Republican moderator would not dare ask, this resulted in actual answers that would have resonated with many people and perhaps swayed their vote. One simply needs to look over to the MSM version of the 2 party debate that was a joke of fear, lies, manipulation really the very definition of corporate agenda, which leaves the public divided on the controversial issue of their choosing.

I believe that RT, absolutely has an agenda. When you are one of the problems to the Globalists that are so prominent in US/EU which have been using NATO to dominate the world, there is very few things that you can do. To me the information they are sharing with Americans is because hopefully the believe most of us are good and do not agree, that we will eventually stand and stop what they are doing. They cover more about the rapid police state being built up around us, the corruption western banking cartels, monsanto and comany with all of their crimes against humanity, our NSA scandals, problems with our energy use. It is our responsibility for what our government is doing in our name, that is all there is to it.

These are some the reasons I believe them to be more trustworthy than any media you will find in the west. TPTB are evil indeed and from my vantage point have done quite the job keeping most of America apathetic, the issues I listed above should be enough to have million in the street daily until change is forced, however people simply live in fear, watching TV, eating food that kills/dumbs them down, while taking pills to make them not have any interest in anything.

edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831pmTuesday1 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Skeptic Overlord does carry a little pull around here, so of course some members may be concerned of even more censorship on the way.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Quite the witch hunt going here. At the end of the day, watch whatever fabricated nonsense that you wish. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The only people in my view who talk about "gatekeepers and shills" are those who get butt-hurt because they don't like it when their threads/posts are "debunked" or the fall fowl of the rules because they cannot behave themselves.

can you cite an example of this occurring?????

I see these "gatekeepers and shills" quite often.....but it's the other way around.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Seriously i just don't get this thread.

I don't get why its so popular.

I don't get why there are some people using language like "shill" or "gatekeeper"

I really don't understand why some people feel that SO has to rubber stamp his approval on a state run propaganda machine, why does it matter?

SO happens to be smart enough to see RT for what is is, a Kremlin run propaganda tool.

I think its pretty horrible the way some people are treating the guy who keeps the website running for us, for free, all because they think he should conform to their views.

For me... and I can only speak for myself, the issue is that I don't need to be told or guided to a particular view.
I question ALL news sources and articles I read and the reason I would imagine many join this site is for the same reason.
If a thread needs to be made then it should be "Why ALL MSM lie and manipulate the news you get" and not "Oooh Russia the big, bad boogeyman who is mean to America" It just seems so odd that so much effort and time is being put in to telling members all about RT... to what end?
And, as I said... why not ALL MSM.... why not one big "The media is propaganda" thread where people can post links to all the made up, BS, crooked and faked stories that the MSM spins at us.

I thought most on ATS had a brain...if there are people who truly believe that Russia Today is without bias or without fault then they are idiots... but the same could be said about ALL MSM.
This is the point that seems to be constantly missed or swept under the rug.
We can dress it up and call it different things and say that the UK and US are far more balanced or decent, but they're not.
edit on 12/8/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Mak Manto

Your post has no substance. Its vague and baseless.

So please, explain what you mean?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Gladly...

Over the many years this site has been running, the members have gone after nearly every website, news organization and information outlet, calling them tools of the government, propaganda machines. ATS staff has allowed this, but whenever that charge is leveled at ATS itself, the staff gets angry at this.

It's hypocritical and ignorant, and when the motto of this site is to "deny ignorance", it becomes almost a joke. I say almost because I don't see anyone laughing...

Some people on here think this is a thread on how RT is not a propaganda machine where this thread is really about how saying one thing is fine, but if it's about ATS in a bad light, "UH-OH, that won't be tolerated!"

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

How is ATS a propaganda machine exactly?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Point that out to me in the post please, i cant see it

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

No. What is seriously bad may be that real journalism is unrecognizable anymore.

And again, has to be abte to cull with them all...be it RT or WaPo. What is left after the culling is what we are discussing.

edit on 8/12/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It has been discussed. However, instead of banning them, we modified the Terms and Conditions to ban the actions of their operatives who have been spotted here on ATS.

So their has been talk on banning RT right ?

Another we question is why has ATS not exposed RT "OPERATIVES" to the ATS community?

I don't believe I have read one thread on the subject , maybe I missed it ?

Even one MORE question.

Why has this thread not been posted on AboveTopSecret.com/Facebook ?

Its a front page thread and yet their is no sign of it on FB .

Just curious

Humbly

LSH

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

It has been discussed. However, instead of banning them, we modified the Terms and Conditions to ban the actions of their operatives who have been spotted here on ATS.

So their has been talk on banning RT right ?

Another we question is why has ATS not exposed RT "OPERATIVES" to the ATS community?

I don't believe I have read one thread on the subject , maybe I missed it ?

Even one MORE question.

Why has this thread not been posted on AboveTopSecret.com/Facebook ?

Its a front page thread and yet their is no sign of it on FB .

Just curious

Humbly

LSH

I'm not an RT operative and i didn't know about that quote LOL ......... please RT, can you pay me for the comments made thus far, how do ATS spot an operative? do they have a @RT.ru tag or something? come off it, haha

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

"deployment of confirmation bias strategies"

US Gov't media outlets like CNN/MSNBC/ABC/NBC are just as biased and worse, they are masters of "deployment of confirmation bias strategies". They intentionally self-censor, dance to the tune of Political Correctness, push forward bogus polling data, publish skewed or cherry picked data, etc. Its gotten so bad, I no longer worry about what they publish; I worry more about what they are NOT reporting on. My father, who is in his 80's now, is appalled at the current state of affairs with US media. My Grandfather owned and served as Editor in Chief of a major daily newspaper from the 1920's to the 1940's. Even in those days, most of the major media outlets were, for example, as understood from my father, as sheepishly pro-Roosevelt as they are pro-Obama today. But back in the day, there was true diversity of ownership of a multiplicity of independent news organizations throughout the US. Today of course, there's been so much consolidation in the printed press and TV/Cable outlets that there's no room for opposing ideas.

Here's the deal, IMHO, "Americans" are raised and educated to believe in a "Free" press and I think what we're seeing today is profound disillusionment with the US Media outlets. As slick as they are, its become all too obvious that they're "steering" opinion by selective reportage. And its too painfully obvious that, as its been reported, the presence of Federal agents overseeing and directing media focus is all too prevalent across the broadcast media.

As for RT? Sure RT is biased and misdirects and even misinforms. But I think most of those who read RT can read between the lines and discern the BS for what it is. What those of us who read RT are really doing is parsing through the BS to discern the underlying cultural roots of the RT viewpoints. And those cultural roots, once discerned, provide a fascinating view of the Russian cultural perspective. For example, we'll note that in RT there's much discussion of actual, active, Nazi Party elements in the government of the Ukraine. Note, I said "Nazi Party", I didn't say "Neo-Nazi" and that's because, from the Russian perspective, what they're dealing with are actual Third Reich Nazi Party operatives. How is it possible they hold that view 70 years after the fall of Hitler's Nazi Germany? I'm not sure, but from what I've read in the Ukrainian media and blogspots, in Russia today, the scars of WWII, the invasion by the Nazi's into Mother Russia are still very much open wounds. That's the kind of cultural perspective I enjoy discovering on RT.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

IT'S NOT!

There's no conspiracy, no propaganda, nothing.

It's about hypocrisy. It's ATS saying one thing is fine, but if you level the same thing at them, it's not fine.

I am sorry to tell you this, but not everything in life is a grand conspiracy, some deep-seated event that's going to undermine the world and destroy our freedoms.

It's just crap at times, and you have to clean it out.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mak Manto
It's about hypocrisy. It's ATS saying one thing is fine, but if you level the same thing at them, it's not fine.

Ok... so SO is saying RT is a state sponsored propaganda machine.

But... you're not saying ATS is a state sponsored propaganda machine.

So you aren't levelling the same thing at ATS. Which kind of makes your point irrelevant.

It does beg the question, what then, are you inferring about the ATS website?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I believe he said ATS are hypocrites for not allowing obvious misinformation sources.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Nef can you please answer my question .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Humbly

LSH

link   
what is rt really banned??????????????????????????????????????????/

link   
I have already stated in this thread RT is probably garbage, but to say the same that ATS may be pulling crap at times too, it's like ATS treason on here.

You're not allowed to go against ATS at all, and this is the point.

We have a thread here that has people going on how RT is propaganda or RT is not propaganda, while Western media is biased or it's not biased.

The main point has been missed.

It's about the right you have to call certain things propaganda machines or biased sources, but if you level this at ATS, it's wrong, and you're attacked for it...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join